Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #1

Is it possible to add a washer/dryer combo (Splendide)?

We are considering purchasing a 3011DS. I was wondering if it is possible to add a washer/dryer combo (Splendide)? I was thinking the very back closet. Thanks for your input!
SandeeAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:12 PM   #2

I considered adding a washer to my 3120 but in the foreseeable future I don't see us traveling for more than 2-3 weeks at a time so there was no need. I would have installed it inside the rear storage compartment. I measured things and believe it would fit. Don't know if the 3011 has a compartment large enough.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
I considered adding a washer to my 3120 but in the foreseeable future I don't see us traveling for more than 2-3 weeks at a time so there was no need. I would have installed it inside the rear storage compartment. I measured things and believe it would fit. Don't know if the 3011 has a compartment large enough.
How does the Splendide washer/dryer combo work? I didn't know anything like that existed. How do you supply water to it? and how is the water dumped?
Anyone actually have one of these in a class C ?
Thanks
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
How does the Splendide washer/dryer combo work? I didn't know anything like that existed. How do you supply water to it? and how is the water dumped?
Anyone actually have one of these in a class C ?
Thanks
When I looked a few years ago the combo units did not work very well per ratings reports so I was going to go with just a washer and air dry the clothes. Don't know if they have been improved since then. As for hookups, I was going to install it similar to installing a washer in a house. Just plumb it into the hot/cold water, add a breaker and elect feed for it and connect the drain to the gray water tank drain. Probably couldn't run the air conditioner at the same time on a 30 amp main feed with the dryer. Also I don't think it could be or would you want to run it while dry camping without full hookups. You could however convert to a 50 amp service and have plenty of power.

In the future I plan to convert to 50 amp because I want to install a second air conditioner in the bedroom. Two reasons, one on really hot humid days both running would keep the coach cooler but the most important reason is noise reduction on normal days. During the day I would run the rear air when I'm in the living area and at night run the front unit when in the bedroom.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #5

Don't waste your money they are ok for a couple pieces of clothes a couple of towels better to carry to laundry at cg had that unit in pusher wouldn't and didn't waste money again

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums