Old 02-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Creativepart is correct about naviextras and iGo. I read somewhere that iGo is located in Hungary and uses TomTom maps for USA and Canada, may be more.

Benagi, any luck with your maps?

I haven't contacted them yet. Still on my list of things to do.

1968 tent trailer
1985 Jamboree 23 ft
1997 Minnie Winnie 25 Ft
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #12
Update to larger micro SD went smooth. I have the Jensen V7020A.
Download naviextras to pc
Insert micro SD from nav unit
Click backup to create backup
Insert larger new blank micro SD
Click backup then restore
When all done click update
That was it. Super easy and without any errors or problems. Maps is Q3 2015

2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
sgtlm17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:42 AM   #13
I finally had a chance to load the new maps into the Jensen and drive the RV for about 30 miles to get a NJ inspection sticker. Did not notice much difference and it is still a pain to enter a destination address. I really wish the unit would allow you to enter a field entirely before starting a search as it is just not fast enough to take the current "google like" approach. Anyway, the one thing I did notice was that several times during the drive the voice navigation would instruct me to make a turn which was opposite what the map was indicating. Since this my local neighborhood, that was not a issue as I knew where I was going. However, in unfamiliar territory and with a 32' truck, that could be a bit of a problem.

I did notice that the GPS antenna was mounted on the dash just in front of the driver. Is it possible that depending on the direction the RV is traveling that the GPS may not know where it is because the bunk over the cab is blocking the GPS signal?

One other note. I was finally able to get the voice guidance to work by setting the master volume up close to 100 however the voice guidance quit working on both the up and down trips and I had to power off the radio to get it back to working. Additionally, on the trip back when I did this the guidance volume was very low even though the Master setting was still at near 100. Problem for another day I guess......

newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote

jensen, radio