Re-posting a prior thread which I updated but for some reason was not showing up as updated.
Jensen 7020 navigation
Originally Posted by Steveanddianne View Post
"We just picked up our 2860ds and can't figure out how to get the voice guidance to work. We have voice guidance on, all the volumes Set to 80. What happens is the radio is on but when the voice guidance is going to come on, there is silence then the radio comes back on. Thanks"
Took our new RV out to get our first Gas fill up and have it weighed. I programmed the Jensen Nav to direct us to the truck stop 5 miles away where the scale is located just to see how it works. I discovered a few things. First, I am having the same issue as Steve and Diane. Checking all the settings it seemed to be correct. I did see some posts in this thread about resetting the unit and adjusting the master up to 100% as possible fixs, so I will try both at the next opportunity. Also here are a few comments about the unit in general after our first use.
- The screen text, fields, buttons are all way to small making the input of a destination field very tedious. Also, the slow response of the unit does not help much. Is there any way to adjust these?
- Because of the items above and the position/angle of the radio in the cab, voice guidance is critical since you will not really be able to see the screen well while driving. Hopefully I can get the voice guidance working.
- The NAV maps are over two years old on a so I will have to look at getting an updated map.
- I will most likely use the NAV on my phone 95% of the time however for those times where cell service is not available (and there will be several), having a functioning stand alone NAV will be important.
- Also, on the return trip the radio displayed a Memory Error. (see attached) Not sure what this is about yet but if anyone has had this happen before and has some input, please feel free to reply.