Old 10-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #21

Congrats on the new RV. Welcome to the forums, lots of information and experience on here. Have any questions ask away, you will be overwhelmed with the response. Enjoy your new unit!

2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #22

Congrats. Google Cat Scales for a locator page. $10 seems to be standard.

on 2012 4500 Chevrolet Chassis
Paul
B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #23

Wow

Ok alot of great info from all of you and i greatly appreciate, it. As for the weight i have read before about it being heavy and should weigh it but I can not find any scales any where near me. I live In a town named Burgettstown which is about 20 miles west of Pittsburgh. I am very close to Weirton WV. and Steubenville OH. I have googled scales and can not find any. If anyone knows of one please reply with contact info on scales.

I also need to tow and my car, Ford Transit Connect, is heavy at 4950lbs. I need to dolly it which is going to add acouple hundred lbs., i have a wicked mobility scooter that will be inside it and it weighs 250lbs. Also my wife and I ride bikes so we got 2 bikes and a heavt bike rack. So I am over the 5000lbs, and need 7500lm GCWT, which is why I bought this RV. The problem is the factory sends it woth a 5000lb. rated receiver which makes no sense to me. If the RV is rated for 7500lbs then why would you sell it with a receiver rated for only 5000lbs. ????
Old 10-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #24
GM

5,000 is industry standard. We just upgraded to a 7500 from the factory, but we are the only Class C manufacturer doing it.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #25

Look for a local gravel or stone yard, a coal plant will also have a pull through scale.

Have fun and enjoy the toy!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #26
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Ok alot of great info from all of you and i greatly appreciate, it. As for the weight i have read before about it being heavy and should weigh it but I can not find any scales any where near me. I live In a town named Burgettstown which is about 20 miles west of Pittsburgh. I am very close to Weirton WV. and Steubenville OH. I have googled scales and can not find any. If anyone knows of one please reply with contact info on scales.
Most truck stops have scales. So if you know where tractor trailers fuel up, they likely have a scale there.

Here's the CAT Scale website location for your town.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #27

bclemens

ok I keep hearing and reading that Forest River upgraded class C ford Chassis to 7500lbs, but I can not find anyone with documented proof of it. I even called the Factory today and got some lady named April, with quite an attitude, who said that ALL Foresters are rated for 500lbs, that what is in all the brochures. Well I have yet to see anything that says tow rate 5000lbs even when you go to their website pull up forester go to specs. and NOWHERE does it list a tow rating. Again with the ford E450 it shows GVW 14500 and GCVW 22000. Now according to the Factory Tech person that does nor mean you can tow up to 7500lbs. She said it has a 5000 lb hitch and thats what they are. She stated they come from ford like that and all they do is put a house on the frame ford sends them. Well I called ford and that is not correct. According to ford my VIN allows 22000 GCVW with 7500 tow , UNLESS THE FACTORY STRETCHED THE FRAME , which FR did because they sent them a 186" wheelbase and the 30561S is 220". But according to forsd if they alter the frame it MUST still meet fords specs and if it does not then FR must submit documents and he stated there are none. So he said I should find someone else to talk to at factory.
THIS IS CRAZY I am really becoming disappointed with Forest River and their dealers, that is sad. I now have spent over 80,000$ on something i really can not use because I can not bring my car with my mobility scooter. I am getting upset again so i am ending this post now
Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #28

Send a message via Skype™ to Chrisbrock
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
WOW, Today i bought my RV, a 2014 Forester 3051S, an am just freaking out. I am like a kid at christmas. We live outside of Pittsburgh pa. and bought our unit from Clems Rv and trailer sales in Ellwood City Pa. I highly recommend Clems to anyone anywhere. They worked with me and got me the price I needed and payments to meet my budget. We pick up the rv on Wed. and next Fri. we are going on a shake down trip to a campground close by. Anyone else that owns a 3051 I would love to hear about your experiences with it
You will love it!

I have a 2014 Sunseeker 3170ds. This is my first real RV and we have had it about 2 months. So any real concerns and questions you are going to have I just went through. So feel free to text me with anything you need because it's all fresh for me 404-226-9539

One thing I have always wondered is what is the difference between the Sunseeker & the Forester ?

I saw recess lighting in yours but thats about it.
2003 Hummer H2
2003 IS300
Chrisbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbrock View Post
You will love it! I have a 2014 Sunseeker 3170ds. This is my first real RV and we have had it about 2 months. So any real concerns and questions you are going to have I just went through. So feel free to text me with anything you need because it's all fresh for me 404-226-9539 One thing I have always wondered is what is the difference between the Sunseeker & the Forester ? I saw recess lighting in yours but thats about it.
Here is a list that was posted to the board as of this past February. So it's a little dated but it gives you the idea.

Forester has...

• Skirt Paint (Standard)
• Vinyl soft-touch ceiling
• Recessed glass light (LED)
Fiberglass running boards
Serta Eurotop mattress (Standard)
• Fiberglass front cap (Standard)
• Carpet (lino throughout optional)
• Floor Lighting (LED)
• Outside shower (Standard)
• Hidden Hinges
• Cedar Lined Closets
• Outside Security Light
Cabinet over doorway
Range cover
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #30

weight

Ok yesterday the wife and I went for a little road trip to a set of Cat scales. had a return to Cabella's which is one exit down so it sort of justified the gas.
So weighed the RV under these conditions: Full tank of gas, water at 1/4 level, all of our supplies in storage bins and me and the wife. besides some food and clothes this is pretty darn close to everything we would have in RV on a trip.
here is what the scales said

Front axle 4750
rear axle 9270

total weight 14020

Forester 3051 S ford Chassis GVW 14500
GCVW 22000

so that leaves me 480 lbs for GVW, which we wont hit, we won't carry tons of clothes or load up on tons of food.

So If GCVW is 22000 i still do not understand why forest river says you can't tow more than 5000lbs out of one mouth and another says the 2014's are able to tow 7500 lbs. Oh and Ford says that it can tow 7500 lbs also unless FR made changes that take it out of Ford Specs.