Old 10-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #31
GM

If anyone is saying it will only tow 5000 lbs is probably just the parts department. I'm guessing they have not seen the 7500# hitches yet.

This mouth is saying they will tow 7500 which is also what Ford says. It just takes a 7500# hitch.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #32
Average Joe

Just picked up my 2450 and it is 7500#.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #33

Thanks Mr. Clemens, could you get the 7500lb hitch part number for us? I really appreciate having you on this forum!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #34
GM

We only carry one hitch. So part number "7500# hitch" should do the trick. I sent an email to parts to let them know we should be offering the 7500lbs.

On another note....you can have any Class IV hitch installed and you' be ok. Save the freight.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 10-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #35
Average Joe

Here's the hitch on my new Sunseeker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2275917856.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	41011  

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #36

Mr Joe, you are awesome!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #37

sunseeker vs forester

So what is the difference between Sunseeker and Forester?? If it is just mainly cosmetic then why did my 2014 Forester 3051S with the Ford Chassis come with a 5000lb hitch???

Mr Clemens Thank you for saying the 2014 Forester 3051S is rated for 7500 tow. I see that you are a factory rep and i trust that what you say is correct. Monday i am calling my dealer and asking for a class IV hitch.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #38
GM

Difference between Forester and Sunseeker are cosmetic. The hitch change was a running change (we started putting them on when they came available) and is going on both lines.

We do not list the 7500# hitch in the literature, so those that got it, got it as a bonus. But again, we did nothing to the unit itself (just a minor change to the hitch construction) so any Class IV should work as long as its the right width for the frame rails.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #39

Thanks Mr Clemens

Thanks again Mr Clemens for reading these posts and helping us out. I really appreciate you spending your own time doing this and it gives me confidence and security that i purchased a quality product. You must really believe in the Forest River product line if you are willing to go to this extent to promote it and help customers.

Again thanks for clearing this issue up for me.

John LaValla
Old 10-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #40

I agree John it's pretty cool we have a factory rep that is responsive to our concerns. Now we just have to get our hands on one of these hitches!