Old 03-15-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
Knife holder not secured on one side

In our 2015 3011DS the "knife holder" at the back of the stove is attached to the cabinet structure on the left side with a screw.

On the right side it also has a screw but it is not attached to anything underneath it just has a screw through the hole and then the piece of wood is just sitting on the top unattached. I can easily add a block of wood and fix it myself but I'm wondering what it is supposed to attached to? Was something missed at the factory and if so is it anything more than a piece of wood or am I missing more of the support structure for the oven and stove?

2015 Forest River Forester 3011 DS - 2007 Dodge Durango Toad
ORvideoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
I have several issues like that in my new 3051ss. The salesperson caught them at the initial inspection (it had been driven streight to the RV show from the factory) and is getting them fixed ASAP. Several WERE support issues that 'the screwdriver guy' missed during assembly. I'd say ... contact your dealer ASAP and get it checked by him of another factory rep ASAP.

As you absolutely surrender to His will…May you be absolutely overwhelmed by His love,
Freedbyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
There was probably a cleat that gets installed there that was was just cut short. So yes, a wood shim/block below would still do the trick.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:29 AM   #4
I took it off completely and there is a cleat installed on the left side but not the right. The stovetop and oven appears to be secured just fine so no problems there. I'll add an extra piece of wood and all will be good. Thanks for the replies.
2015 Forest River Forester 3011 DS - 2007 Dodge Durango Toad
ORvideoguy is offline   Reply With Quote