Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #1

Thumbs up Kudos to Forest River and Alpin Haus Port Jervis, NY

I bought my rig from Alpin Haus in Port Jervis NY in June of 2016. For the most part things have been problem free. I've had a couple minor issues that were easily addressed either under warranty or by doing it myself. Whenever I've had a warranty issue Nancy Arcaro, the service manager at Alpin Haus has always taken care of the problem.

Fast forward to late December 2016 - 5 months after my Forest River warranty expired - the 19" Furrion TV in the bedroom started having issues where the sound would cut out. The only way I could get the TV to work correctly again was to unplug the power then plug it back in. Sometimes it would work fine, other times the sound would cut out again. Picture was fine so I know it wasn't a connection issue. I received several good suggestions from members here regarding ways to troubleshoot the problem. Before I had a chance to do that my wife suggested I contact Furrion to see if they could help. They basically told me so sorry, you're warranty is up, see ya.

So my wife suggested that I call Alpin Haus and see if they could help. I called Nancy Arcaro and explained to her that the TV problem started 5 months after the warranty expired. While she would have been totally within policy if she told me that due to it being past the warranty period there was nothing she could do. But, that's not what she did. Instead she told me that she'd check with the warranty manager for Alpin Haus and see what Forest River thinks about it. Krystal Hujus is the warranty manager and she reached out to Forest River. I received an email back within 48 hours from Nancy asking a couple more questions regarding the TV. Within a day or so I received emails from Krystal at Alpin Haus as well as Travis Logan who works in the Forest River/Forester warranty department. They told me that as a goodwill gesture Forest River was going to replace the TV for me. They reached out to a couple Forest River dealers near me (I'm in Florida for the winter) but the dealers basically told them that due to the fact that I didn't purchase my rig from them they weren't interested in helping. I told Travis that I do all my own service on my rig so using a screwdriver to change the rear bracket on the TV was well within my capabilities so he told me that they'd ship the TV directly to me. Forest River parts guys got right on it and I got the TV yesterday.

I know there have been complaints about Forest River's warranty support and I recall seeing a negative post about Alpin Haus. However, I'm one extremely satisfied customer. Nancy could have easily blown me off the way Furrion did, as could have Krystal and Travis. But they didn't, they all stepped up and addressed my problem. Granted, the TV probably cost Forest River about $75, if that, but that's not what counts for me. It's the customer support that I got from everyone involved. While I realize that in the grand scheme of things a malfunctioning bedroom TV is not a big deal, but to me it was a problem and it was handled.

People are quick to complain when they're not happy about something but most of the time slow to praise when someone does a good job. So no complaints here and major kudos to Alpin Haus, Forest River, Nancy Arcaro, Krystal Hujus and Travis Logan. Travis must have sent me about a dozen emails regarding this issue and Krystal wasn't far behind. Thank you!!!!

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:01 AM   #2

Great to hear!
gandb26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #3

Good to hear that good people still exist in the RV industry after reading all the negativity.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #4
Class C Representative

Thank You for posting this! I will pass this on to Travis!
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #5

Good news is good to hear!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:30 PM   #6

Nice to hear something positive for a change
Tony & Catnis, campin' kitties
Bobaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:39 PM   #7

It's always good to hear that your dealer or manufacturer went over and above to fix a problem. You can never underestimate the value of good customer service!
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:03 AM   #8

Think a lot of satisfaction with warranty work has to do with your dealer. They are the key. Had several warranty issues, including air conditioner replacement, and all contact with the factory was done by the dealership. No issues and no sweat for us. So, if you are ever in the Burlington, VT area and need anything...I highly recommend Pete's RV in South Burlington. Their service department is excellent! Unlike some dealers, they advertise that they are happy to work on units that weren't purchased from them.
stellaandspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #9

Thanks for posting and congratulations on your new tv. I agree that folks are quick to complain and often slow to congratulate. We too have an almost bulletproof motor home and sometimes think ours is the only one.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:57 PM   #10
Ben f

Awesome! I have been extremely happy with the service department from alpinhous in Wilton NY where I bought mine last year. Some minor issues that they have done an excellent job repairing for me. Great company!
benf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #11

Great write up, thanks for sharing!!
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #12

Nancy and Krystal are awesome to work with. We live within 2 miles of there and they have always taken care of us.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:22 AM   #13

Great service at Alpin Haus in Amsterdam and Wilton, NY as well.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #14
Wyn

We purchased our Tracer from Alpin Haus in Port Jervis and also had excellent service from them. I also purchase accessories from their store. I do not hesitate to recommend Alpin Haus in Port Jervis for sales, service and parts.
Wyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:17 AM   #15
Dryflycaster

This thread/post is rather old but people will still search the archives and I feel I should also add a few KUDOs here for the ALpin Haus Dealership. We have purchased two TTs from Alpin Haus, Amsterdam, NY in the last few years, a 2014 Avenger and our current TT a 2017 Avenger ATI. Each one had a problem or two and Alpin Haus was quick to contact Forest River and get them resolved to our complete satisfaction.

I wouldn't hesitate even a heart beat to deal with them again.

_bill

2017 RAM 2500 Cummings Diesel
2017 Forest River Avenger 27DBS
dryflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryflycaster View Post
This thread/post is rather old but people will still search the archives and I feel I should also add a few KUDOs here for the ALpin Haus Dealership. We have purchased two TTs from Alpin Haus, Amsterdam, NY in the last few years, a 2014 Avenger and our current TT a 2017 Avenger ATI. Each one had a problem or two and Alpin Haus was quick to contact Forest River and get them resolved to our complete satisfaction.

I wouldn't hesitate even a heart beat to deal with them again.
How long does the warranty forever maintainance take to perform on a class c
ejohnson1144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnson1144 View Post
How long does the warranty forever maintainance take to perform on a class c
Mine took all of about an hour. I didn't bother renewing it this year as it costs $350 for the basic inspection - any repairs are on top of that. I do all my own maintenance anyway so it's not very cost effective for me. Yes, if the fridge or A/C takes a dump it's going to cost more than the yearly fee to fix it - but from my past experience with RVs this is something that doesn't happen that often and when something has gone bad it was a simple and inexpensive fix.

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river