Old 11-15-2018, 06:03 AM   #1

LCI LEVEL UP and SnapPad Concerns

Last week, I actually ordered in a set of the SnapPad XTRA permanent jack pads. I ordered them after the first time I leveled my new 2501TS on an asphalt lot. The permanent rubber "shoe" seemed like a good idea at the time.

A week later (now) I have them in a box and am having real second thoughts about losing at least an inch of ground clearance on my jacks in the Up (travel) position. I have visions of wiping off a jack on a speed bump or some other unplanned strike.

Does anyone have real world experience with SnapPads on a Class C. I have read a bunch on the 5ver side and some on the Class A side, but, not much here on the Class C forum.

Maybe another bad idea. Wouldn't be my first.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. It may be better to stay "bare footed".

v/r rch

RHOUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

No experience with them, however I had the same concern about ground clearance. Our class Cs don't ride very high to begin with (which is part of why we bought it). I just use some 3/4" pressure treated plywood pads that I cut out of scraps. I have two full sets of them so I can double or triple them up if necessary. Yes I have to bend down and reach under to place them, but that's life. Picking them up is easier, I just drive forward.

I have scraped a jack pad more than once on our rough dirt road coming and going, nothing major but did have a bit of dirt parked on the foot.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
Lacey's Spring, AL

why do you even need 'snap pads'? What's the worry?
Your jack legs already have 'pads' on them.

if you ever park where you think your jacks are going to 'sink', or make an impression in asphalt, then simply use think rubber pads and throw one under each jack before raising the coach. The think rubber padding, or mats, are typically found at farm supply stores, or at Truck center or Truck supply operations. Some folks also make use of a simple thick wood board instead.

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx,
100,000+mi since '14, US, Alaska, Canada, now Lacey's Spring, AL : )
formerFR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:59 AM   #4

I have them on my Riverstone. The only issue I had was with a curb to a fuel stop. It did rip it off, but I was able to reinstall and have had no problems since.
BessieHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #5

Ever get in the black dirt, turned to mud and then dried in South Dakota? In Sturgis in July and August one year the black dusty dirt turns to sludge mud after torrential rain... then sun comes out and the arid desert air dries it quickly. All the auto jacks had sunk in the mud a bit and when it dried... ready to go and no retract! They were stuck in black concrete. Had to crawl underneath with hammer and chisel to break it up to get them free so they would retract. Now always put down wood or something then jacks. If all else fails, just retract and leave them!
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #6

We have SnapPads on our RiverStone and our last trip of 5000 miles, no problems. They are a great add-on IMHO.
Tazman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:52 PM   #7

All your level up jacks are adjustable. Just remove the mounting bolts and use a different set of holes to offset the snapon pads. Mounting holes are about an inch apart.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazman4 View Post
We have SnapPads on our RiverStone and our last trip of 5000 miles, no problems. They are a great add-on IMHO.
We totally agree with Tazman!! We don't have a C, but installed them on our 2011 Georgetown. Sure, Cs and As already have metal pads on them, but the heavy duty rubber SnapPads are noticeably 'softer' to us when the jacks are down and they are more stable on gravel/grassy campsites IOHO. Also, DH is 70 yrs. old with bad knees and these are MUCH better than crawling around on the ground sticking wood boards or the old plastic ones we had under the metal pads...may be easy-peezy for some, but we believe at our age we deserve some perks and the SnapPads have been a great investment for us - whatever works best for you and makes you comfortable is what's important

Cherin55 is offline   Reply With Quote