Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #1

LCI Panel for leveling jacks is Dead!

Hi Fellow RVers,

Just picked up our new 2018 Forester 3011DS. Got home and tried the leveling jacks. Nothing! Panel was dead, no power. Checked the large breaker right off the battery its ok. Power is good 12 volt system is good 13 volts. Tried coach in park with emg brake on then off. Coach running then not running. Checked every fuse panel in the coach nothing was labeled jacks or levelers. Called camping world that was fruit less. Make an appointment was their answer. Does anyone know where FR located the controller for the jacks? I'm thinking it might have a fuse on it.

Thanks
Dennis
dsulli8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Level-Up requires that the engine is running, emergency brake on and transmission in Park or it will not power up.

Edit:
The control box is normally attached to the bottom of the floor. You may find it in an outside compartment or between the frame rails (less likely). The pump, valve assy. and reservoir is on the frame rail.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:45 PM   #3

wish i could be more help. i don't know the forester. did they work at the dealer before you picked it up? how far is it back to the dealer? just drive it there and insist they show you how it works as part of the PDI. if you have a copy of the PDI checksheet see if this item was covered. if not, make them cover it. if they can show you, great. if not perhaps you will have to make an appointment to get it serviced.

the jacks are sometimes wired directly to the battery. check the battery cables other than the main cables coming from the converter. many times these cables have inline fuses in them. i'm not saying that is the case as i do not know. also, if yiou can run a multimeter you might want to check the input terminals of the jack system to see if you have 12 vdc going into the unit.

i hope and suspect this is a simple fix once it is diagnosed. it's terrible to have this type of frustration right out of the box.

again i do not know you unit. others may have better suggestions.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:02 AM   #4

Ive got a 2016 3011, the control box is located under bottom small drawer at the end of the cabinet. There is a fuse located at the pump, just pull the cover off. I had a problem with mine , I called big Foot tech, the guy (Jim) was a great help and got mine working. One thing you may try is unplug your control panel and plug it back up. Mine will only working if the engine is off, and batteries full charged, or when hooked into shore power. The main difference between your setup up and mine, is I don't have touch pad system.
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 AM   #5

One thing I've been trying my best to share with everyone. Especially since the panel on my Vengeance died two weeks ago.

LCI has an app for phones. Its called myLCI. Free and lots of help trouble-shooting stuff. Its worth a try and well worth having on your phone "just in case".
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #6

I have a 2017 3011 and have had the level control seize which I’ve corrected by removing the panel which is held by 4 screws on mine and located At the entrance stairway. I then unplug the small wire connector to board which resets the control. I’ve had to do this twice so far Good luck
farm930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:09 PM   #7

Ps I never lost power so the reset may not work but the connector may have come loose in transit so I suggest you look anyway
farm930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farm930 View Post
Ps I never lost power so the reset may not work but the connector may have come loose in transit so I suggest you look anyway
You and No-Fish have a BigFoot right?
Old 08-04-2018, 05:30 PM   #9

Yes Duckogram, Ive got a Big Foot system
No-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #10
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Fish View Post
Yes Duckogram, Ive got a Big Foot system
The OP does not. Other than they both level, they are not alike.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:13 PM   #11

leveling jacks panel

I had the same system in a Wiinebago. While working under the dash installing some new wiring, I accidently hit the wiring harness to the leveling panel. This harness just plugs into the back of the panel and can easily be dislodged which will black out the panel. You might check that, it's a small white plug

2014 Jeep JK Rubicon
TINSEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:02 PM   #12

Check near the pump / reservoir for an inline fuse . When my head unit goes dead it's always because that inline fuse has blown from being connected to shore power.
The Lieutenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #13

Suggest you go on to internet and find Lippert industries website and contact them. I had a problem with my system and they were very helpful. Also a lot of trouble shooting info on website.

The pump system is on the left side of coach next to the propane tank. Take the cover off and start trouble shooting from there. Could be a fuse there. Easy to remove control panel and check for power. There are also a lot of fuses near batteries.
cariboo camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #14

Ours is in the entrance of the coach, to the left of the stairs. Right under the long cabinet in the door way. Those auto levelers are really tricky and my hubby had to read the manual to figure out all the tricks. Also, our battery went dead in the coach, so he had to unscrew the panel door and disconnect the wires and plug them back in. It worked after that. He found those instructions in the manual too.
nvrsaynvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling