Old 03-23-2016, 05:59 PM   #21

Still battling this leak. I took the motorhome to an authorized warranty place a few months back. They slapped some dicor on the cabover seam... still leaking. I took it back last week, they said they did a pressure test and can't find a leak and want to charge me for any further work. This is not looking good, I may have to get a Lawyer involved.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:11 PM   #22

Leak problem

So sorry for your continued problem with that cabover seam leak. Any chance the leak is somewhere above that seam and the water is running down to the seam? And I don't understand their decision to charge you for a warranty item that they can't fix without charging you. Yes, it might be time for a third party international.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:36 PM   #23

Thanks for the kind words. I just picked the RV up from the dealer in my area. Apparently they don't have a pressure testing machine. I wish they would have told me that sooner. I'm going to take it to another place here in town that has a pressure testing machine, hopefully they can find the leak. Unfortunately they aren't an authorized Forest River warrantee location so it's coming out of my pocket. Hopefully I can get Forest River to reimburse me.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:20 AM   #24

Finally got my rig to a repair place that knows what they're doing after two visits to a totally incompetent dealer repair facility in my area. Apparently the window on the passenger side cabover was improperly installed and not sealing properly. Have to come up with the money out of my own pocket. Hopefully Forest River will reimburse me without too much hassle. Glad to finally have an answer to the leak problem.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #25

Update... Took it to second repair place. Pressure test showed a bubble around the passenger side cabover window. Removed and re sealed. Still leaking. So, 3rd time in for same repair, Dicor slopped all over cap first two times from the authorized repair facility, window removed and re sealed along with overhead lights sealed by the second repair facility. I put rubber gutters around both cabover windows to help divert water... Still leaking. I have an email in along with a video of the leak to Russ at Forest River. There has to be a structural problem with these rigs. I noticed the 2017 models have a different cabover design which only reinforces my suspicion. I live 600 miles from the dealer I bought it from. I'm feeling pretty screwed at this point.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:08 AM   #26

Fixed Cap Leak

Dago Dan...I had a mysterious leak that was dumping gallons of water in my lap when I moved it. Had it back to the dealer several times with no results...they were just shotgunning all the seams hoping to find it. Finally, I took ownership of "their" problem, and ultimately found out that one of those little spouts that directs water away from the side of the RV had been damaged and created a virtually invisible crack that leaked like a sieve when the front end was down hill. I pulled the little spout backwards, and then it revealed the crack between it and the cap. I bought some marine grade epoxy, and molded a contoured repair, and that fixed it. If your RV has those little spouts, check em out...

BTW...since I took ownership of the problem, I went ahead and drilled a 3/8" hole under the bottom of the cap on each side so that water would drain out instead of in my lap, and to help any moisture dry out. I went to and Ace Hardware store, and found some perfect 3/8" plugs to reseal the holes when everything looks good.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #27

Thanks for the reply. That may be the cause. The repair facility I took it to first just slapped Dicor over everything and called it good. The second place was dumbfounded and resealed a window in the cabover but said the sealant on the roof looked good. I always suspected those gutters didn't work right. My rig drips water all over the front from the gutters overflowing. I'll check them out. Thanks very much!
Old 05-28-2016, 11:28 PM   #28

I was pretty well set on buying the mbs Forester 2401w until I read about all these roof leaking problems. Some of you have mentioned that FR changed the design on the 2017 models. However, when I look at online photos, they look the same to me. What's the difference between the 2016 and the 2017 front cap on the Forester 2401w?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #29

Sure you'll read about such leaks here. But it is a tiny minority and no reason to stay away from Forest River products. Thousands of owners without any problems don't post about that.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #30

2016 vs 2017

Name:   2016.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  10.2 KB
2016 2401W

Name:   2017.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  10.2 KB
2017 2401 W

I would have waited a year had I known they were going to re design the cap.

The 2401 W is a great floor plan.

Tags
leak