Old 09-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #1

Leak in cab after rain

Our brand new Forest River Forester 2401W has leaked rain water into the Sprinter Cab after a heavy rain. Water pours into the cab on passenger and driver side near the door and through the dome light. It is quite a bit of water that comes in. You can hear water sloshing above the cab ceiling. This unit has only been on one trip since we bought it in May. No vents or windows are open. We live 250 from the dealer, and it has already spent one month at the dealer for a multitude of other problems. Please advise.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #2

It sounds like you have a leak that is allowing the water to run on to the M-B cab's roof liner. That would explain it being on both sides near the doors and the dome light. The first place I'd look is the sealing between the M-B cab and the over the cab cap FR installed. Does the leak occur when you are driving in rain or parked?

RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:53 AM   #3

Check the clearance lights over the cab. Mine were not sealed properly. I removed the covers (just snap off), removed the retaining screw and sealed them with Dicor behind the plate..

Also check the raised edges screws that run from the front to the rear of the coach on both sides of the roof. Mine were not sealed at all. Applied Dicor to the screw heads.

Better yet, take it to a closer place that can do warranty work.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #4

We haven't driven it it the rain. It has happened twice while sitting in our yard.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #5

I wish I could take to another place! San Antonio dealer is the closest, and it's 260 miles from my home.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:05 AM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaNoell View Post
I wish I could take to another place! San Antonio dealer is the closest, and it's 260 miles from my home.

You might be able to contact forest river and get approval on having a mobile RV tech come look at it.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #7
2012 FR Lexington 283TS

Caulking leak between roof and front cap

We had the same problem with water coming in to the headliner. I would only do it when it was raining very hard. The dealer did a "air compression test". This is where the seal the entire MH and then pump air into the inside. They then ran water over every seam. They removed and cleaned the faulty caulk (this was from the factory) and replaced it. We have not had any additional problems. Good Luck. (2013 Lexington 283TS)
Old 09-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #8

I have a similar problem with my 2014R Solera, have not found the leak yet ( purchased used so no warrant ) but in the mean time I drilled a very small hole (1/8" also make sure you clear the hole once and a while , being that small it has a tendency to clog up) into the cap at its lowest point which is about 6 inches from the windshield on the passengers side. it would probably work also on the drivers side but where I have it stored the RV leans to the right because of the grade . I have been on the roof twice but have not found any gaps so before I put it away for the winter I will have it checked at a local dealer
Old 09-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #9

Check with FR Csvc an see if they have a closer ATHU service center
Old 09-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #10

We had water rushing into the cab on our 2011 Lexington. One of the clearance lights on top of the cab fell out & was dangling by the wires. We were in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, so my DH climbed onto the roof and duck taped it back in until we could get out of the rain and do a better job. I would definitely start with those clearance lights.

Tags
leak