Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
Brookside - Can you please just let it lie? I don't recall reading of you having issues with a slide so don't believe you have any skin in the game on this particular post. I think you will find the vast majority of people on this forum (myself included) have found bclemens to be very upfront and going above and beyond the call of duty to help. I think I speak for the group when I say we don't want to ruin the good thing we have going here (I.e., please don't be the bad apple that spoils it for the rest if us).
X3 ... Well said paul

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
I think I speak for the group when I say we don't want to ruin the good thing we have going here (I.e., please don't be the bad apple that spoils it for the rest if us).
You speak for me as well. Without folks like bclemens trying to help on their OWN TIME when the "formal path" has a hiccup, we would be a sorry source of help. Please everyone, we are here to HELP; not gripe.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #23

If slides were that big of a problem you wouldn't see the vast majority of campers being produced with them. Obviously a slide introduces potential problems because it increases complexity- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Apparently most RVers are good with that and accept it for the massive increase in room and comfort. I'll also add that I've visited numerous threads where bclemens was very professional and helpful.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #24

I certainly agree with you bclemens, and I enjoy providing so much good info for everyone. I was not trying to discourage others from slides. Honestly, we chose our unit because of the low price, ease of leaving the campsite without running slides in since we plan to not tow, weight, and the fact that my kids want out of the camper as soon as we get to our destination. Having tons of floor space wasn't really a need. We may slap ourselves for choosing the 2900, and our salesperson thought we were crazy, but FR builds this model for some reason. If not having slides reduces a few "chances" of a problem, then that's a plus too. I'm sure we'll encounter some other issues too since they are made by humans. We may end up trading in two years for a 3010!
4Gcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #25

I have three slides on mine. I hold my breath , every time I push the buttons. I think , if I found a floor plan that has no slides, that I liked. No slides would not be a deal breaker.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookside View Post
Look - you said this - you didn't change your time until the customer pressed you and pointed out all the issues again.

You did play the "it's impossible it's not our fault" card and you did it I. Your very first post.

And that's my issue as a customer.
BigJohnD wrote "Thought these things were leak tested before leaving the factory?" I responded that 100% of our units are leak tested. I still do not see where I said it was "impossible" or "not our fault".

As others have said, you have no skin in this one nor are you bringing anything beneficial to the conversation. I truly would appreciate it if you just exit this topic. If you would like to start an "I hate factory reps" thread, please feel free...I do not have to subscribe to it. This one I do subscribe to, so that I can help an actual customer that is seeking assistance.

I thought the "hate rant" sounded familiar. You are the same person that said "blind and half witted FR knuckle draggers". I see you're still bringing smiles and joy to all those around you.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #27

I have the same slide, on mine the outer seals "relax" after sitting for a bit and touch the wall of the slide. But the outer seal isn't the whole seal system for the slide. There is an outer wiper seal, inner wiper seal, and a large crush seal around the perimeter of the slide fascia. For water to get in, the water is finding a route through the whole seal system.

I would extend the slide, seat the seals, and have someone stand inside as you spray a garden hose outside. This should assist you in narrowing the area down to a specific location and with a flashlight may show you the path of the water.

Best of luck, I can attest the factory (and BC) are here to help. The factory team has frequently assisted me during my ownership. Trolling and slamming the factory or a Rep goes back to why companies STOP participating or sponsering forums.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
BigJohnD wrote "Thought these things were leak tested before leaving the factory?" I responded that 100% of our units are leak tested. I still do not see where I said it was "impossible" or "not our fault".

As others have said, you have no skin in this one nor are you bringing anything beneficial to the conversation. I truly would appreciate it if you just exit this topic. If you would like to start an "I hate factory reps" thread, please feel free...I do not have to subscribe to it. This one I do subscribe to, so that I can help an actual customer that is seeking assistance.

I thought the "hate rant" sounded familiar. You are the same person that said "blind and half witted FR knuckle draggers". I see you're still bringing smiles and joy to all those around you.
You know, I was going to let this lie, until you posted this.

If you think customer feedback that's negative is too hard to handle, build better products.

Sorry - but you really rub me the wrong way and are pushing me right into another brand (and that's discounting all the issue I've had with my own brand new forest river product)
brookside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

If you think customer feedback that's negative is too hard to handle, build better products.

Sorry - but you really rub me the wrong way and are pushing me right into another brand.
Yawn..................

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
Commercial Member

Quote:

Sorry - but you really rub me the wrong way and are pushing me right into another brand (and that's discounting all the issue I've had with my own brand new forest river product)
I appreciate your input.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #31
Plain Old Member

Man oh man, I had no intentions of starting an argument or debate here. No doubt I may come across in a way that some see as really angry. I'm not, just a little aggravated, and who wouldn't be. At the end of the day, it'll get fixed, and I'm a happy camper. That does not steer me away from Forest River. You never heard me say I was going to get rid of it. Bclemens has been a great assistance to me over many posts and pictures. It's very nice to have an inside man per say right there in Indiana that can be on this forum helping out instead of me relying on the dealer. Could some things be better about the units, sure they could. All brands could be a little better. Even the Marathon Coach could use a little tweaking. The last motorhome we had was from a reputable manufacturer, and we had way more major problems. Took it to the factory and they fixed them. We didn't get rid of the unit because of the problems, we got out of that unit because we wanted a Class C. FR offered what we were looking for and has a good reputation. Matter of fact, if we ever decide to go back to a fifth wheel, it'll probably be a FR product. I have no intentions of getting away from Forest River. I do love this motorhome, and considering what I went through before, this is nothing. I have chosen to go to Indiana to have things addressed as they are familiar with the units and have parts readily available if needed. In the future, I'll try to tone it down a little where people don't take me the wrong way. As for slides? My first trailer had none as I was scared of leaks and maintenance. We soon realized, we wanted them for the space on rainy days. I could have one either way. I feel that those that steer away from FR due to problems will find thereself on another brands forum in the future posting frustrations of more problems. They all got them.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #32
Commercial Member

For the record I don't think anyone (me for sure) thought you came across as angry at all. No need to tone anything down.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #33

a little blast back is no big deal

Quote:

I blame myself for responding to some people just seeking attention. In the future I will allocate the amount of attention they deserve.

none of us are mind readers
and to jump to the conclusion
that someone other than ourselves is wanting attention
might be just another case of
one deceiving themselves

contact with the Rep is a good thing here on site
no harm was meant in my first post
but
I got a little blast back
no big deal
nice to be living in a free country

Mountainman

Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #34
Commercial Member

Moutainman, I was not referring to you as an attention seeker. I'll need to edit my post so no one gets the wrong idea.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #35

not trying to blow any smoke up anyone's tailpipe

Quote:

I'll need to edit my post so no one gets the wrong idea.

no real need bclemens
but
that is cool if you think to be needed
far as I'm concerned it is all good on this site
but
I must admit speaking from just my side of the mountain
yes
sometimes I'm read wrong by others
and
yet at other times I may be posting very early in the morning
no excuse
but
come on a little harsh while expressing my views
I'm not up on how much Rep support there is on this site today
I do know from the past threads I was involved in
a little Rep input would have been all so welcomed
I think that myself and others felt like they were left out in the cold
bclemens your input and response here on this thread is
commendable
easy to see on this end that all you wish to do is help
thats pretty cool
not trying to blow any smoke up anyone's tailpipe
just enjoying this site
Mountainman
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

To lighten the thread up just a little ....
1) how does one "blow" smoke up a tailpipe?
And
2) what would be the purpose of doing so?

Just wondering

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #37
Commercial Member

1. carefully I'm guessing. (Check Youtube...I'm guessing someone has tried it)
2. Why do we do most of what we do? Pure entertainment value.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
1. carefully I'm guessing. (Check Youtube...I'm guessing someone has tried it)
2. Why do we do most of what we do? Pure entertainment value.
Please demonstrate at the rally!
I'll film
Dnd will handle make up
Ttrost65 will handle casting.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my non thread related question and i oppoligise for the hi-jack / d-rail.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #39
Commercial Member

poor BigJohnD...all he wanted was his slide seals to work properly. Instead he gets a 90 page intermission.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #40

My forest river trailer has a leak right now too. I have nothing but good things to say about the FR warranty team, factory, and the dealer on how they are dealing with it. It's at the factory now getting fixed up. Am I happy that there's a leak, of course not, but they way FR is handling it is top notch. I love my trailer and still think it's way better built than some other brands.

Kudos to FR, and I'm happy to see the rep being engaged here. It would be great to see continued engagment from the reps on the board - for the good, bad, and off topic stuff too.
SCOC is offline   Reply With Quote