Old 08-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #1

lights

I own a 2007 31" sunseeker .

On the weekend I noticed that the rv rear lights had come on . I checked the light switches and brake switch to make sure i hadn't t left them on or the pedal was stuck . Everything was ok . I disconnected the engine battery but the lights stayed on. i disconnected the house batteries and the rear lights went out . RV is plugged into shore power . Does anyone have any idea what would cause this or do i have a short somewhere to worry about

stephen jozsef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:40 PM   #2

lights

Well, this is interesting.
Sitting here thinking. Is this RV new to you? The tail lights should be isolated from the house batteries. Are the headlights/park lights effected? Are the clearance lights effected?
Have you are anyone done any 12volt mods/repairs.? Is there a power source (toad) connected to the trailer plugin. I am reaching on this but on TT's one can jumper across the trailer plugin and run the trailer lights from the house batteries while in the CG. Wondering if something like this could have been done to run your running lights from the house batteries while in a CG. Open your trailer plugin and check for critters, objects. There is a hot from the chassis battery.
I would disconnect the house batteries, check the chassis fuses and get this working. Than apply the house batteries. If a fuse pops, you know you have a miss wire somewhere.

Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:02 AM   #3

Nothing done to the rv since last year (new inverter installed) . no modifications done I also do not have any 12 volt outlets working. headlights were not on just taillights no toad. i will try your suggestion on the weekend
stephen jozsef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, sunseeker