Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #41

My RV application

Like many others here, I was initially impressed with the MyRV app. After very limited use I have some concerns.

My 2501TS does not have any of the manual switches or gauges. As long as the MyRV network is working, I don't see a problem since I have two tablets (living area and bedroom) as well as a smartphone I could use. If the network itself goes down, that would be another story. No fall back in this case.

Like others, it seems ludicrous that turning on lights should become more of a chore just for technology's sake.

More disconcerting to me is the fact that the Generator does not show the hours meter I was accustomed to on my previous RV. How is a person to know when the various service milestones have been reached. (I really don't want to keep a manual log of each time I use the generator!)
eja6950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:01 PM   #42

Linking MyRV with other Lippert Apps

I have a new 2801QS GTS in production and I'm looking at things I'd like to have on hand before I drive it home from Ohio. High on my list was a TPMS system. After reading other posts to the forum, I thought I knew which one was "best" and was getting ready to order it. BUT... I just read where the MyRV tablet can link up with the Lippert "Tire Linc" RV TPMS monitors. Maybe this is a Josh Cavitt question, but has anyone any experience with the "Tire Linc" TPMS system and the MyRV? I have not been able to Google up a retail source to find out how much they might cost. Would seem that all you really need are the monitors themselves if you have MyRV? Can someone provide a link to a source or more information? Appreciate any info you can provide.
Dovidas1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #43

Unhappy Got a response from Lippert

Well so much for stuff you see on YOUTUBE! I got two responses from Lippert concerning my question concerning the MyRV tablet and the Tire Linc systems compatibility. #1 'We don't sell Tire Linc to consumers, only as OEM, to manufacturers.' #2 ' MyRV and Tire Linc can not used together.'
Old 12-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #44
Chief tinkerer

Dovidas, take a look at TST507. We went with internal sensors that have a 6-7 year battery life for all 6 truck wheels and the 2 dolly wheels and screw on cap sensors for the toad wheels that are on the ground. We have used 3 different toads so far with our grown kids families. The cap sensor batteries require annual replacement. With the internal sensors mounted on bands around the wheel itself there is no need to do anything with the stock valve stems. You can see the monitor on their web site. Mine sits on the left side of the dash where I can glance at it without taking my eyes off the road. I connected to a wire that is switched so it comes on when I start the truck. I ordered from TST in Georgia and my local Discount Tire store did the install for $18 a wheel. Programming is easy. The piece of mind is priceless. We put these on our 2017 3010DS before taking our first trip. There are other good systems out there too.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by eja6950 View Post
Like many others here, I was initially impressed with the MyRV app. After very limited use I have some concerns.

More disconcerting to me is the fact that the Generator does not show the hours meter I was accustomed to on my previous RV. How is a person to know when the various service milestones have been reached. (I really don't want to keep a manual log of each time I use the generator!)

We picked up our 2017 Forester 2861DS on January 17th at RVW in Ohio. It has 2 of the wall-mounted (not removable) MyRV tablets, one as you enter the coach door and the other in the bedroom. There is a "generator hours" display on the generator page. It showed 17 hours when we picked the coach up. After running the generator for 8 hours overnight on our trip from Ohio back home to New York state, the hours were still showing as 17. I have emailed Lippert asking why the hours have not updated. I'll let you know what I find out.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #46

Did you ever get an answer on operating your generator, stabilizers, water pump, HW heater etc if the router goes down?

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:59 AM   #47
Class C Representative

This is no different than the manual rocker switches on the wall. If the router for the tablet or the wiring for the manual switches are in need of repair the coach systems may not work.

By using the My RV system you now have a fail safe (your smart phone) if for some reason your tablet isn't working.
Your slides can still be operated manually just as you would have to do if your manual switch system quit working.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #48

[QUOTE=lbrjet;1409614]Did you ever get an answer on operating your generator, stabilizers, water pump, HW heater etc if the router goes down?

lbrjet, if the router were to go down:

-the generator can be started / stopped by using the start button on the generator itself

-our Big Foot levelers are not controlled through the tablet but have their own, separate system/control pad

- there are over 20 lights on the interior of the unit. Both lights in the bathroom are controlled by a wall switch. About half of the lights in the living/dining room, including the ones over the kitchen sink, the dinette, the entertainment center over the cab and the sofa are controlled by push buttons on the lights themselves with the others that are in the ceiling in those areas being controlled by the tablet. The two lights directly over the bed are controlled by push buttons and the bedroom ceiling light is controlled by the tablet.

- we would have to manually extend/retract slides and awning

- we would have no way to turn on / off the water heater or water pump (that we know of anyway)
Old 02-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #49

Thanks for the info.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post
- we would have no way to turn on / off the water heater or water pump (that we know of anyway)
Now that would concern me. I know Joshua has mentioned that in the event of a router malfunction, you still have your smart phone, but what if your smart phone wireless isn't working either. Then what? And not everyone has a smart phone.

I still feel they should have put in a back-up system to be able to work the systems that are dependent on the My RVTablet in the event of a wireless outage or malfunction.
LinandLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperroo View Post
Now that would concern me. I know Joshua has mentioned that in the event of a router malfunction, you still have your smart phone, but what if your smart phone wireless isn't working either. Then what? And not everyone has a smart phone.

I still feel they should have put in a back-up system to be able to work the systems that are dependent on the My RVTablet in the event of a wireless outage or malfunction.
Yes, I am concerned about the water heater and water pump. Especially since I am one who does not have a smart phone. If the router goes down, would the smart phone still be able to run the controls? Or is the smart phone only useful if there is a tablet issue?

There are two tablets in our unit, one on the wall as you walk into the unit and one in the bedroom. Both are fixed to the wall and are not removable, unlike the video about the system that was linked earlier.

We have found that whatever page you have displaying when you shut the unit down will be the one that comes up when you power the unit back up. So if you have the LIGHTS display showing when you push the button to shut the tablet down then LIGHTS will be displayed when you power the unit back up. This is handy because you don't have to go through several menus to get back to LIGHTS, which I think is the page we would use most often once slides are out, water is heating, etc. We have not set up a password yet and I'm hoping that this feature does not change when a password is set up.

The one issue we are currently having is the associated with Generator Hours. There is a display for that. It showed 17 hours of use when we picked the unit up. We used the generator for 8 hours on our trip home to New York state and the Generator Hours display is still showing 17 hours.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:04 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
This is no different than the manual rocker switches on the wall. If the router for the tablet or the wiring for the manual switches are in need of repair the coach systems may not work.

By using the My RV system you now have a fail safe (your smart phone) if for some reason your tablet isn't working.
Your slides can still be operated manually just as you would have to do if your manual switch system quit working.

When purchasing my 2017 Forester 3011ds with MYRV monitor, I was told there was no way to override the system if failed? So are you saying I can manually put in slides if needed to in an emergency situation?
Westbound40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westbound40 View Post
When purchasing my 2017 Forester 3011ds with MYRV monitor, I was told there was no way to override the system if failed? So are you saying I can manually put in slides if needed to in an emergency situation?

I don't think you can override the MyRV system itself, but if it stops working there is a way to manually move the slides. I have never done it so I can't say how easy/hard that would be. Others on the forum have so hopefully one of them will read this and comment on the process.

We were basically told the same as you: At our PDI we asked what we should do if we had to manually move the slides in (on our unit these are controlled by MyRV) or manually retract our Big Foot levelers (on our unit these are controlled by a separate Big Foot monitoring panel). We were told a problem like that occurring is very rare and that the only thing we could do would be to call for service. I have not read all of the documentation that came with the unit yet but did find material referencing manually moving the slides and retracting the levelers so it appears it can be done. There wasn't a lot of detail on the process, but it was mentioned.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post
I don't think you can override the MyRV system itself, but if it stops working there is a way to manually move the slides. I have never done it so I can't say how easy/hard that would be. Others on the forum have so hopefully one of them will read this and comment on the process.

We were basically told the same as you: At our PDI we asked what we should do if we had to manually move the slides in (on our unit these are controlled by MyRV) or manually retract our Big Foot levelers (on our unit these are controlled by a separate Big Foot monitoring panel). We were told a problem like that occurring is very rare and that the only thing we could do would be to call for service. I have not read all of the documentation that came with the unit yet but did find material referencing manually moving the slides and retracting the levelers so it appears it can be done. There wasn't a lot of detail on the process, but it was mentioned.

Thank you! I will do some more research.
Westbound40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #55
Class C Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperroo View Post

What would happen if the manual switch fails? There is no back up for them.

The MyRV system allows for a back-up unlike the manual switches.

There will always be a way to manually extend and retract your slides.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 02-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #56
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
What would happen if the manual switch fails? There is no back up for them.

The MyRV system allows for a back-up unlike the manual switches.

There will always be a way to manually extend and retract your slides.
Being the devils advocate. If a manual switch failed I could most likely run down to the local auto parts house and find something that will at least temporarily work to replace a manual switch. With the tablet system, a failure of one of the main components isn't something the consumer will be able to buy a replacement for. Also, a single failure could render all the associated systems inoperable. And these systems, while fairly reliable, aren't industrially hardened, so the failure rate is unknown.

Having said all that, I'm not opposed to system (heck I like new fangled stuff), I just think there should be a backup provided until the system is more proven, and major parts are more available.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #57
Class C Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Being the devils advocate. If a manual switch failed I could most likely run down to the local auto parts house and find something that will at least temporarily work to replace a manual switch. With the tablet system, a failure of one of the main components isn't something the consumer will be able to buy a replacement for. Also, a single failure could render all the associated systems inoperable. And these systems, while fairly reliable, aren't industrially hardened, so the failure rate is unknown.

Having said all that, I'm not opposed to system (heck I like new fangled stuff), I just think there should be a backup provided until the system is more proven, and major parts are more available.
I see where you're coming from but this isn't a new product from Lippert. The MyRV control system has been out for a few years and used in higher end products until now. Manufacturers across the board are starting to use the MyRV system which brought the cost down low enough for us to justify the use of the MyRV tablet in our motorhomes.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #58
Site Team

That's good news.

I actually like the remote system in our lower end unit (though I don't like how it's installed, but that has nothing to do with the system itself).
Old 02-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #59

[QUOTE=Joshua Cavitt;1412364]What would happen if the manual switch fails? There is no back up for them.

The MyRV system allows for a back-up unlike the manual switches. =end QUOTE]

Joshua (or others), for those of us not familiar with routers and other techy stuff, if something happens to the tablet, I understand from your post that you can use the smart phone for backup.

If something happens to the router, will using the smart phone as backup still work?
Old 02-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #60

Question Understanding MyRV

I think that Josh should clear up a lot of potential misunderstanding about this tool. If what I read earlier on this string is true, that the tablet(s) are not in the MyRV OEM detachable docking stations then to whole purpose of the system is defeated. Then they might/probably(?) be hard wired to the MyRV Master Controller box and no WIFI actually needs to be involved. The purpose of the WIFI appears to be primarily to allow you to use an Android phone or tablet to ALSO communicate with the Master Controller, or to be able to DETACH the Lippert tablets from their hard wired docking stations. The key to the MyRV system is the Master Controller box, it replaces all the separate switches/monitors in the home with one, the tablet. If (big IF) the tablets were hard wired to the Master Controller there should be no major concerns with the WIFI being up or down. So Josh C, did FR hard wire the coach tablets to the Master Controller; or did they just run a power cord to the tablets and then use the WIFI to interface with them??