Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #1

Question Lippert myRV® Tablet Questions!

Okay, I'm totally confused about this Tablet added to the new motor homes. I was looking at the 3011DS that includes this OneTouch Tablet. How in the world can you operate the motor home's systems if you are in the middle of nowhere with no wifi available? Is there an option to override this system and operate the slides, lights, oven, pumps, etc. manually. If not, how would you ever be able to take your motor home to areas without wifi? I don't get it.
LinandLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:54 PM   #2

I may be wrong but I thought it's Bluetooth.
Can't you download an app to your phone and operate systems via Bluetooth?
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:58 PM   #3

Duplicate post
Old 10-20-2016, 01:54 AM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping

My lippert tablet in my trailer is run off wifi from a router that is built into the trailer. Essentially my trailer has it's own wifi. It doesn't connect to the internet though
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:46 AM   #5

That makes sense. . I have a router with my own network name and password in my rig. You do not need Internet to connect to it
Old 10-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #6
Site Team

As mentioned above, it has a hub that is powered by the batteries, and that creates it's own Wi-Fi network, but isn't connected to the internet.

There also should be manual switches for each device so that if some part of the network fails (i.e. receiver, remote, hub, etc.), you can still operate the devices.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:10 AM   #7
Class C Representative

There is a Wi-Fi router built into the motorhome. You do not need an outside Wi-Fi source to run this system.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #8

Very nice. I like the whole idea and the lippert my rv system. .
Old 10-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #9
Citrus County, Fl.

Here is a link to the video explaining the system:

https://vimeo.com/170467112
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:06 AM   #10

I love techy stuff wish I could add that as a mod. That is a great upgrade on the new units.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
I love techy stuff wish I could add that as a mod. That is a great upgrade on the new units.

I looked at it as well , pretty nice, but I assume it would be a total rewire to get the new panel for the system installed in our rigs. You'd think there would have to be some sort of standardized wiring [emoji12] to install it. Still curious as to what would be involved.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #12
Site Team

If you have a switch panel with all the device switches that you'd want to control in it, you could retrofit a receiver and remote in the unit pretty easily.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:01 PM   #13

Boy, I'd love to say I love it....but as it is right now, I can't stand it!!!! It only works about 1/2 the time (at best) if it weren't for the app on my phone we'd be stuck!!! The app on the phone works every single time, never had a hiccup, but....

We bought the RV with the My RV in it - we kind of expect it to work and it hasn't since the day we bought it. They installed the app on my phone and told us there would be a software update coming out for the My RV (we bought it in mid August) but so far we've rec'd nothing?

If I'm out fishing and my phone goes in the water, we're going to be stuck somewhere with a slide out and stabilizers down...

So, we'd love to be impressed, but we're not :0(
Old 10-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBogey View Post
Boy, I'd love to say I love it....but as it is right now, I can't stand it!!!! It only works about 1/2 the time (at best) if it weren't for the app on my phone we'd be stuck!!! The app on the phone works every single time, never had a hiccup, but....

We bought the RV with the My RV in it - we kind of expect it to work and it hasn't since the day we bought it. They installed the app on my phone and told us there would be a software update coming out for the My RV (we bought it in mid August) but so far we've rec'd nothing?

If I'm out fishing and my phone goes in the water, we're going to be stuck somewhere with a slide out and stabilizers down...

So, we'd love to be impressed, but we're not :0(
So there is NO WAY to override the myRV system?!! There are no manual switches for the slide outs or any of the systems?? That's not good.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #15

That's what had me freaking out when we first found out we were going to be getting this touch screen thing instead of good old rocker switches!

Dinette lights, bathroom light and entertainment lights have switches. Slide, stabilizer, most lights, generator, water pump, water heater, etc, all on MyRV....
Old 10-20-2016, 10:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBogey View Post
That's what had me freaking out when we first found out we were going to be getting this touch screen thing instead of good old rocker switches!

Dinette lights, bathroom light and entertainment lights have switches. Slide, stabilizer, most lights, generator, water pump, water heater, etc, all on MyRV....
I'm all for electronics and software, but that seems really crazy that there's no backup or an override system in case of an emergency. What if someone doesn't own a smartphone or as you mentioned something happened to your phone or it was lost or stolen?? What then?
Old 10-21-2016, 07:58 AM   #17

I'm with Camperroo, this is crazy. Now I'm freaking out also. We just ordered a new unit and we do not have a smart phone. Based on replies earlier in this thread and reports I've read elsewhere, I thought everything had the good old rocker switches for backup, but now I hear from BBogey this is not the case.

How do you operate your slides, water heater, awning, generator, etc. if MyRV is not working and you do not have a phone?

Joshua, can you help?

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:29 AM   #18
Cutty

I find mine quite useless! it loses connection if you walk to far away from the router and wont connect unless you walk back to the side where there are no slide outs...I just get a family member to stand out there and I push the buttons. its just a useless toy in my TT.
bbcutright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:58 AM   #19

My smart phone is saving us right now, but I don't want to rely on that, nor should we have to... I'm really surprised there hasn't been some kind of software update yet - it more than likely would fix the bugs?
Old 10-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcutright View Post
I find mine quite useless! it loses connection if you walk to far away from the router and wont connect unless you walk back to the side where there are no slide outs...I just get a family member to stand out there and I push the buttons. its just a useless toy in my TT.
bbcutright: do you have manual buttons for your slides, awning, and generator in addition to the tablet?