Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #1

Low Point Drain on 2017 Forester MBS

Hello.....I have a 2017 Forester MBS 2401R and having trouble locating the low point drain(s). Have looked under the unit without success. New unit and first year I am winterizing, so any help is appreciated.
davidstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I can't help you with the location of the drains (if it has them) my Class A didn't have any my TT does go figure.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstrat View Post
Hello.....I have a 2017 Forester MBS 2401R and having trouble locating the low point drain(s). Have looked under the unit without success. New unit and first year I am winterizing, so any help is appreciated.
We also have a 2401R. The low point drains are directly below the kitchen sink water feeds but on the underside of the unit. Kneeling outside just to the left of the entry step, reach underneath and feel for two tubes in about a 6" opening that runs well up underneath the unit along but inward of the outside wall. That "slot" is between the entry step well and the first basement storage compartment. If you can't see or feel the drains, it's because they are covered with spray insulation foam. I had to dig ours out from the foam before I could even see them. Get a flashlight and keep looking. I promise you they are there!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:33 AM   #4

Great info with winter coming on I knew someone would have the answer
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #5

Low Point Drain

Thanks MNtraveler......that is a HUGE help!
davidstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #6

On my 2016 2400w it in the rear. about a foot in, in the middle is a 4" round white cover. unscrew it and there is the drain and valve.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #7

Another Place Too

I found my low point drains on my 2018 2401RS to be located in the cover that opens to allow access to the fresh water tank drain. There was a black and white hose with twist off fittings that I saw a post about several weeks ago and found them after I had winterized. I didn't get much out of them, but did get a little of the pink stuff whe nI took the covers off.

Also for the hot water tank bypass, one of the valves is well up above the panel removed to access it. I finally found it after running antifreeze out the heater as I had the drain plug removed at the time. I knew there should be three valves to reset, but gave up initially after only resetting two of them (though I knew better and wondered why the pump kept pumping )

John C
JOhn_R_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #8

The answer that MNtraveler gave you will lead you to the Cold and Hot water lines low points.

The answer that Skip51 gave you will lead you to the fresh water tank low point.

You will also have to empty the Hot Water Heater by opening the draining plug (anode if your HWH is a Suburban) after bypassing the said HWH through the valve(s) located behind it; usually accessible via a removable panel under the toilet sink or a storage bay, depending of the model/year of our MotorHome.
HerveVR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, forester