Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2016, 01:28 AM   #171
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 380
Not much carrying capacity. With my wife and I in the bed I am essentially maxed on the rear GAWR, with full fresh water tank and not much gear.
__________________

__________________
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:30 PM   #172
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 855
Today I had new one piece steel valve stems installed in the rear duals. These are from duallyvalve.com Part Number DL1FC. I had a set of these on our MBS and they solved both the slow leak and mounting a TPMS sensor issues. I have a TST 507 Flow Thru system I haven't reinstalled yet. And I need to dig out the hubcaps as well....

GTS Valve Extenders
__________________

__________________
Wayne
2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD



RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:08 PM   #173
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 380
Thanks I need to do this.
__________________
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #174
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NJ
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
Today I had new one piece steel valve stems installed in the rear duals. These are from duallyvalve.com Part Number DL1FC. I had a set of these on our MBS and they solved both the slow leak and mounting a TPMS sensor issues. I have a TST 507 Flow Thru system I haven't reinstalled yet. And I need to dig out the hubcaps as well....

GTS Valve Extenders
Around how much did that cost if I might ask to have the valves stems installed? Adding TPMS might be a 2017 option for us.
__________________
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #175
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
Around how much did that cost if I might ask to have the valves stems installed? Adding TPMS might be a 2017 option for us.
$64.00, with tax and fees, to install the new stems and do a balance on the rear four rear wheels. This is around a $200.00 project. But after dealing with slow leaks, not being able to air up a tire, or mount a TPMS sensor on the OEM junk extenders it was well worth it to me....
__________________
Wayne
2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD



RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #176
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,169
Did you have to enlarge the holes on the stainless steel wheel covers? I had to on my old Winnebago, as the J valve prevented mounting it.
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2015 Camping 3 trips 6 nights
2016 Camping 11 trips 33 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #177
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Did you have to enlarge the holes on the stainless steel wheel covers? I had to on my old Winnebago, as the J valve prevented mounting it.
Yes, I'd already enlarged the holes on the covers. I originally had "cap style" TST TPMS sensors. They would not even begin to fit without cutting the covers. While at the F.R.O.G. Rally I "upgraded" to a new TST system, with flow thru style sensors, which might have fit without any cutting.
__________________
Wayne
2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD



RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:52 PM   #178
Senior Member
 
sgtlm17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 665
A totally unexpected mod today. Cleaning my workshop and I came across a "White Night" light that I purchased about 8 years ago. Still in it's box never used. It is a light that mounts to the 2 inch hitch receiver and gives you two 55 watt halogen lights when backing up. The center has a removable cap which still allows use of the hitch.
Now not wanting it to go to waste I decided to put it on the RV. It's a simple 3 wire installation that uses a ground, a 12v power and the reverse light wire. It has a switch on the back that lets you put it on manually, turn it completely off or auto mode which allows the lights to come on when the RV is in reverse. I'm sure it will help when backing at night.

2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474764682020.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	121179   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474764698059.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	121180   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474764727893.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	121181   Click image for larger version

Name:	1474764740204.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	121182  
__________________
2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
sgtlm17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:59 PM   #179
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
It's a simple 3 wire installation that uses a ground, a 12v power and the reverse light wire.
Nice, I could use that! Did you use the wiring to the 7 pin connector to hook it up or tap in to the existing lights?
__________________
Wayne
2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800 QSF
TOAD: 2016 Ford Edge Titanium FWD



RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:01 PM   #180
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
A totally unexpected mod today. Cleaning my workshop and I came across a "White Night" light that I purchased about 8 years ago. Still in it's box never used. It is a light that mounts to the 2 inch hitch receiver and gives you two 55 watt halogen lights when backing up. The center has a removable cap which still allows use of the hitch.
Now not wanting it to go to waste I decided to put it on the RV. It's a simple 3 wire installation that uses a ground, a 12v power and the reverse light wire. It has a switch on the back that lets you put it on manually, turn it completely off or auto mode which allows the lights to come on when the RV is in reverse. I'm sure it will help when backing at night.

2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
That's pretty neat, but they must be out of business. Their website shows something totally different.

They do still show up on the internet, though if someone wants to buy one:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...ackup%20lights
__________________

__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
280, modifications

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.