Old 04-14-2016, 09:41 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Interesting idea RedLdr1. Did you try this and get it to fit. My drain pie goes off diagonally to the left front corner of the cabinet.
No, I haven't got to try it yet as our GTS won't be delivered for a another month or so... With the removable panels it should be able to adapt to most configurations. I have a local Bed Bath and Beyond to return it to if it doesn't work.

RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
Had the day off so I did a few little things. Installed a soap dispenser and a camco garbage can in the bathroom. (couldn't find a garbage can in off white). Ran some wiring and put in a weather display station near my control panel. Still playing with the location of outside sensor but I'm leaning towards the propane tank area. Got myself a fridge freezer temp display. Finally got a small air ionizer and put it above the door.

2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
SGT, how have you been attaching the various upgrades to the walls? I have not tried to hang or attach anything to the walls yet and eventually I will have to do that.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:33 PM   #73

I use industrial strength velcro. It's remarkably strong. Got it on Amazon. There were stronger grades but in my opinion the industrial is plenty strong for most any application I have done.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000W...LAL&ref=plSrch
Old 04-14-2016, 09:06 PM   #74

Dewinterized today and turned into a project. Both the city water inlet and black tank rinse inlet were leaking badly. Took it apart and on both inlets there is a rubber compression type washer. Both were installed incorrectly. I put them on correctly added some Teflon tape for good measure and all is dry. Also the nylon plug on my Atwood hot water heater was screwed in sideways and stripped badly. So ordered a new one and should be here Saturday. I guess a new worker at the FR factory was working on my units plumbing.
The fresh water fill inlet works terribly. The vent hole does not work. Who even knows if it's actually connected to the fresh water tank. Anyway I ordered a camco water fill hose to help out with that problem.
Pic below is of one of the inlets I took out to repair.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1460682386883.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	104935   Click image for larger version

Name:	1460682398620.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	104936  
Old 04-14-2016, 11:20 PM   #75

Don't know how one fills the fresh water tank without one of those things. Not engineered to be easy.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:42 AM   #76

Thumbs up Camp-Pro Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
Got my Camp Pro WiFi booster kit yesterday and did the install today.
I'm getting ready to install my Camp-Pro on the bat-wing. It looks like you used heat shrink on the antenna tube. Awesome idea and I hope you won't mind if I copy you during my install!
Old 04-15-2016, 12:16 PM   #77

Actually in your camppro kit you will see a little bag that has waterproof silicone black tape. You wrap it around where the tube and antenna meet and it forms a water tight seal. I was pleasantly surprised they included it in the kit.
I have been testing it non stop since install and so far works great. I used the 12v adapter, also included, in lieu of the 110v plug. The less dependant on shore power the better for my taste.
You will get better distance than me if you can mount on your batwing. Good luck let's us know how it goes.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #78

Finished sanitizing water system. I did note that the fresh water tank either shows on the control panel empty when empty or full when about half full to full. It does not indicate half or three quarter full. I looked at the probes on the fresh water tank and they are about one inch apart from each other. The tank is kind of an L shape. Don't really know if I can do anything about it.
Also in between sanitizing the tank and lines I worked on some shelving for the bedroom closet. White wire shelving from Lowe's. I kept the left side so I could still hang a jacket or two.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1460770251661.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	105056  
Old 04-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #79

Oh and I installed a shower caddy soap dispenser.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1460775397179.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	105062  
Old 04-16-2016, 02:38 PM   #80

Nice job, I'll probably have to add a couple of those shelves, and you reminded me to get a shaving mirror I plugged in the Victron Bluetooth dongle, easiest install ever, just start the app and it's done.
Everything is loaded except food and clothes to leave Monday for two weeks. Actually pretty amazed how much fishing and kayak gear I fit in those 8 compartments. My trailer for the Hobie isn't ready but I'm getting a loaner for this trip and it doesn't have the cargo box or room for the scooter. Can't wait we've only spent a weekend in it so far.

Brian

60 days fishing/camping so far
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
280, modifications