Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 65
More questions

1. If I carry an external propane tank how do I connect it to the onboard tank once I reach a campground and need extra propane? I plan on using the onboard tank while driving to cool the coach and run the fridge but once at campground run an external tank to save on the main tank. Either this or carry my two Honda gennys and Berg fuel tank and run off of them -if I can find room to carry them.


2. I would need the 15k A/C and I see it has a heat pump. Does the heat pump have auxillary heat strips or it just a heat pump (A/C that runs in reverse)

3. Is the one piece end cap an option on both the Forester and Sunseeker?

4. I am still confused on the three brands- Forester, Solera and Sunseeker. So Forester is top of the line? Solera was top of the line and is going away merging with Sunseeker?

5. Does both the 2400R and 2400W have fantastic fans?

6. Where are the physical locations of the A/C and fans on the 2400R and 2400W. What I mean is, is the a/c towards the middle of the coach, front, back, etc- same for fan. Why I ask is i may need to install a second a/c where the fan goes

7. Any place that I can find the external dimensions of the outside compartments for the 2400W and 2400R?

8. Is there a bike rack option? My current Columbus 295RL and previous Surveyor Select 264 had fold down bike racks that I could carry my genny's or extra propane on. If not I guess I could find a rack to fit into the receiver hitch

Thanks again
__________________

camperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,713
Most of the MBS info is located in the Solera forum. There is very little MBS info in the Forester and Sunseeker forums. If you go to the Solera forum and do a search in it you'll find a lot of info. Anyway here is what I can answer....

3. It's standard across the MBS line I believe...
4. See Here.
5. Yes but be careful... The Forester comes with the 7350. The Sunseeker Fantastic Fan "upgrade" is for a 1250. If you go with a Sunseeker save your money and let the dealer install a 7350.
6. Go Here and look at the 2400W roof.pdf for a layout of the "W" MBS versions. The optional Fantastic Fan is in the living room, or the first position. Then the A/C then the bedroom fan and last the bathroom fan is the offset position.
7. For the "W" go Here and watch the video in the first post. Brian calls out all the external storage dimensions. You'll have to search for the "R"...
8. A bike rack is not a factory option I'm aware of...
__________________

__________________
Wayne and Christine
2020 Sunseeker MBS 2400Q On Order


RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
Most of the MBS info is located in the Solera forum. There is very little MBS info in the Forester and Sunseeker forums. If you go to the Solera forum and do a search in it you'll find a lot of info. Anyway here is what I can answer....

3. It's standard across the MBS line I believe...
4. See Here.
5. Yes but be careful... The Forester comes with the 7350. The Sunseeker Fantastic Fan "upgrade" is for a 1250. If you go with a Sunseeker save your money and let the dealer install a 7350.
6. Go Here and look at the 2400W roof.pdf for a layout of the "W" MBS versions. The optional Fantastic Fan is in the living room, or the first position. Then the A/C then the bedroom fan and last the bathroom fan is the offset position.
7. For the "W" go Here and watch the video in the first post. Brian calls out all the external storage dimensions. You'll have to search for the "R"...
8. A bike rack is not a factory option I'm aware of...
Thank You
camperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:15 PM   #4
Class C Representative
 
Joshua Cavitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 610
Solera is no more. We now build a Sunseeker and Forester MBS (Mercedes Benz Sprinter).

1. If you could run a line into the other propane tank or an auxiliary port in the lines somewhere. As for the Fridge you don't have to run it off Propane. Most of our coach is 12v compatible so you can run your fridge off of 12v electricity.
2. The heat pump does not have auxiliary heat strips, it is just a heat pump.
8. We do not offer a bike rack as an option.
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Solera is no more. We now build a Sunseeker and Forester MBS (Mercedes Benz Sprinter).

1. If you could run a line into the other propane tank or an auxiliary port in the lines somewhere. As for the Fridge you don't have to run it off Propane. Most of our coach is 12v compatible so you can run your fridge off of 12v electricity.
2. The heat pump does not have auxiliary heat strips, it is just a heat pump.
8. We do not offer a bike rack as an option.

Thanks for answering my questions on a weekend.
camperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Class C Representative
 
Joshua Cavitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 610
No problem. I'm available anytime!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #7
Member
 
Farkasb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Washington
Posts: 52
What type of privacy curtain/screen/blinds come with the Forester MBS for the front cab windows?
Thanks!
__________________
2016 Forester 2401WS
Farkasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:58 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Solera is no more. We now build a Sunseeker and Forester MBS (Mercedes Benz Sprinter).

As for the Fridge you don't have to run it off Propane. Most of our coach is 12v compatible so you can run your fridge off of 12v electricity.
.
Is that new? I thought the refrigerator ran off 12v for the control circuits but needed 110v or propane for the cooling cycle.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
MarsMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Maritime Provinces
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Is that new? I thought the refrigerator ran off 12v for the control circuits but needed 110v or propane for the cooling cycle.
Not sure how new. My Dometic can auto select propane, 12V or 110. Seems 110 is priority if avail, followed by 12v, and then propane. If the 12V voltage drops then it switches to propane. I have a 200W solar panel, seems like the 12V works well
__________________
MarsMan

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #10
Class C Representative
 
Joshua Cavitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 610
I'll have to check on that about the fridge. Are you looking for the brand of curtains?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.