Old 11-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #1

Motor homes and car seats for toddlers

I had posted this in the lifestyle forum, lots of views with no response. Thought I would try here -
We hope and plan to bring our grandson along with us on some of our travels once we receive our new Forester. Have any of you ever used car seats in your motorhomes? How and where have you placed them in the motohome? Or do people just not use them? We are just trying to figure out what would be best. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Average Joe

We take our Grand Daughter frequently. We put her seat at the dinette. It has attachment points behind the cushions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brittany Camping.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	65755  

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
Site Team

To help members out with responses, what type of car seat, forward facing, rear facing, or backless booster?
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
We take our Grand Daughter frequently. We put her seat at the dinette. It has attachment points behind the cushions.
Perfect! She's adorable.
I wonder why there are seat belts only on the one side of the dinette - at least on our Forester/Solera?? I am going to check into having another set put on the other side. When we have our grandsons with us, I think it'd be nice if they could sit across from one another to play a game while we're rollin. Has anyone done this??
Thanks!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
Average Joe

We have 4 sets of seat belts and 2 child seat anchors at the dinette in our Sunseeker.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post
We have 4 sets of seat belts and 2 child seat anchors at the dinette in our Sunseeker.
Hmmmmmm??? I'm definitely going to check on this. Thanks so much!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for the information.
Asquared to answer your questions, it is an Evenflow car seat with a full back and it is forward facing.
Mr. Joe, thanks you for the picture of your beautiful granddaughter. It appears that you have a U-shaped dinette would any of you anticipate a problem with the standard dinette? I was surprised to hear that the motorhome actually has the car seat anchors, that makes life a lot easier!
We will find out soon enough, our unit is due for delivery somewhere around the 18th of this month.
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #8

Mr. Joe, I see that you are from southern Maryland. I spent 5 years in Patuxent River when I was in the Navy and year after separation. I went back several years ago, it has changed a lot over the past 35 years but it was still as pretty as I remembered. thanks again for your information.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilm2113 View Post
Mr. Joe, I see that you are from southern Maryland. I spent 5 years in Patuxent River when I was in the Navy and year after separation. I went back several years ago, it has changed a lot over the past 35 years but it was still as pretty as I remembered. thanks again for your information.
I'm doubting you'd recognize the area now. Solid shopping centers and lots of traffic with the base expansion.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #10

Thats the way everywhere anymore! When I moved to Idaho our town only had 17,500 people, now we are up to over 50,000! The only thing we have going for us is that there is only 1.5 million people in the whole state, that keeps it reasonable and easy to get away from people. My daughter just got through with 5 years at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, she liked the city life.