Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Plain Old Member

paulmlac, thanks for the info. Since you have the model I prefer more, I got a few questions since nobody close by stocks that model and I can't look at it in person. How much room do you have between kitchen and slide when the slide is in? As long is it's enough to get through there, I'm fine. Does the toilet closet in fact have a little more space than the 3011? Since I believe the front TV is mounted in the cab over, where is the selector box for choosing antenna, cable, dvd or does it have one. I've had the DirecTV in every RV (Portable Dish), so this one has to be capable of that. Just wondering where can I put the DTV box and will I have to add wiring as I have in some trailers to make it work and so on. How well is the TV set up in the bedroom and does it show the same as what's on the front TV? I understand your point on the horseshoe dinette. In our first trailer I built a smaller table top since there was only 2 of us at the time and it never got made into a bed. We've never used the dinette as beds so table size could be adjusted accordingly. Me, I'm still leaning towards the 3101 though.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #12

BigJohnD -

The space between the kitchen & opposite wall (when the slide is in) is OK. We can all make it through. I am 6-2, 275. I generally shimmy sideways a little. Wife can go through just fine. She is sitting here & said if she's carrying something so might turn a little sideways too. Kids can easily navigate the aisle.

Toilet room also has enough space. I don't know square footage in the 3100 vs 3010. Not to get too graphic but... I can sit down. If I had the sports page with me, I might fold in half. I generally leave the door open just so feels bigger. Wife & kids are fine. Note that the door on this model is really functional. It latches with a magnet all the way open so the shower / toilet room / bedroom are all behind the door. Also, good mirror design. There is a mirror on 2 of 3 bathroom walls. As an example, when drying my hair I stand a little more in the hallway & use the mirror opposite the shower. Wife & kids stand fully in the bathroom & use the mirror above the sink.

Front TV - Is in cabover. It's on the passenger side on a swing arm. There isn't a selector box. Antenna is the standard mode that we leave it in. Haven't run on cable yet but you'd just attach the coax cable in the basement area, press a button by the TV plug to turn off the antenna booster, & scan channels (might need to select a different TV source but not sure???). DVD just starts when you put one in the dash radio & change the TV source.

Bedroom TV - Good enough. We don't really watch a lot here. Generally just weather or news or sports if kids are watching something different up front. We can have 2 different channels on the 2 TV's. Not sure if that would be the case with DirecTV though.

Here's a thought if you can't find a dealer with that model for sale to look at in person - is there a dealer with one in their rental fleet or even a used one for sale nearby you. The floorplan has been around a long time. It's also popular as a rental. Might be able to see either a used or rental to get a feel for the layout.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
Plain Old Member

paulmlac, good stuff. Exactly the the info I was looking for. I'm 5'10" / 225 last time I checked and wife and kids are a lot smaller, so looks like all would work good for us. Looks like the only thing I need to figure out is the DirecTV. We don't watch a lot of TV, however my wife likes her baseball / football games on occasion. Then I've got those 2 or 3 channels I watch out of the whole 100+ channels you get. I'll look around to see if anybody has that model close by for sale. So far I've just done Google searches for that model and don't come up with much in Louisiana. I ordered a fifth wheel once without ever walking through one. Based our decision on looking at others and input on forums like this. It all worked out that time. I might take a gamble. We can usually make anything work whether it's a tent or motorhome.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
GM

If you get the bedroom TV you'll get a switch box standard.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
Plain Old Member

bclemens, I see your a factory rep, so maybe you can answer the DirecTV question. Can the 3101SS accomodate a DirecTV box to be used with a portable dish? If so, where would it go. If there is a switch box, I'm guessing the DTV box would be close to that for the input/output. Is there a "park cable in" in the storage bay / outside wall somewhere for the portable dish input? In my present unit, it was designed for the box and has a specific spot for it with the input / outputs wired to that point. Just curious on the wiring. Gotta make it work one way or the other.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If you get the bedroom TV you'll get a switch box standard.
We have a 2013 Sunseeker 3100SS with a front bunk TV & bedroom TV. I don't see a switchbox anywhere. Is it "hidden" behind the walls & controls things "behind the scenes"?

There is a thing by the door to control the audio (A, B, or both) but sounds like you're talking about something for video.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #17
GM

Check behind the bedroom TV. I haven't looked at a 3100 for a while so I would have to check with engineering.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
bclemens, I see your a factory rep, so maybe you can answer the DirecTV question. Can the 3101SS accomodate a DirecTV box to be used with a portable dish? If so, where would it go. If there is a switch box, I'm guessing the DTV box would be close to that for the input/output. Is there a "park cable in" in the storage bay / outside wall somewhere for the portable dish input? In my present unit, it was designed for the box and has a specific spot for it with the input / outputs wired to that point. Just curious on the wiring. Gotta make it work one way or the other.
1. It can. I know that some people do it now.
2. We do not have a specific location built in for it
3. There is a "park in" cable on the off camp side. Typically near the utilities.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Check behind the bedroom TV. I haven't looked at a 3100 for a while so I would have to check with engineering.
If it's there, it's really hidden. The bedroom TV is mounted on a bracket to a piece of wood. It's fully enclosed behind. The only access into the space is a drilled out circle (maybe 4" diameter?). The plug & coax cable go through the hole to their hookups. I've felt around in the space a little just to shove the excess cords there & haven't noticed anything. By the way, the cabinet above& below is empty. See attached pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sunseeker 3100 bedroom tv.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	22178  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #20

We have a Georgetown now. We looked at the same floorplan in the class C version. We'd never had an RV before so honestly we were guessing. The Class A has more storage and yes I admit I pretty much fill it. The class A came with automagic levelers which means not having to get out to get it level, get the slides out and get the little ones in bed. (yes levelers could have been put on the class C). The class A had a bigger generator. We didn't use the generator much at first, but now use it more often. We were told the bigger generator wouldn't fit in the class C. The class A had the thermal pane windows (HUGE difference) as well as underbelly heating. We live in Canada so that's a necessity. So what did we lose out on? Well the bunk over cab turns out to perhaps have been important. The two boys started out sharing a bunk - but they have grown (how did that happen in 2 years??) and so the older one sleeps on the couch. I would like for him to have his own space (well space for his junk really). The other HUGE issue for me is the shower bath. The class C had a minitub at the bottom of the shower. The class A has just a shower. I do not understand why a unit sold with BUNK BEDS - wouldn't trigger someone's mind to think CHILDREN and of course the resulting image of mud encrusted urchins! I've made do by using a rubbermaid grey bus pan (like restaurants use for dirty dishes - buy them at Sam's Club) in the bottom of the shower to soak those creatures until they turn back into children. SO which would have been better? I probably could have gotten by without dragging the children's plastic picnic table (although it is handy next to the entrance for removing shoes as well as a place for children to eat) and the kiddos could have gotten by without every toy known to man. We were talking the other day about what we might do differently - and moving to a class C for that overhead bunk was one of the big topics.