Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #21
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
If it's there, it's really hidden. The bedroom TV is mounted on a bracket to a piece of wood. It's fully enclosed behind. The only access into the space is a drilled out circle (maybe 4" diameter?). The plug & coax cable go through the hole to their hookups. I've felt around in the space a little just to shove the excess cords there & haven't noticed anything. By the way, the cabinet above& below is empty. See attached pic...
For some reason I read 3010 for your model. The 3100 is a different story...I'll need to look into that one.

Not that it matters, but on the 3010 there is a wardrobe and there is a ton of space behind the TV.

On the 3100, if we were doing it at the time, it should be in the cabinet that the bunk TV is mounted to. We weren't putting switch boxes in everything...I don't recall the reason why.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
Plain Old Member

2Susan, I have to agree on tub vs. shower. Makes no sense. Our Tiffin just has the one piece fiberglass corner shower. Nice shower, but not for kids. Good idea on the pan. The generator is no big deal. You get the size you need for that unit. In our present one, 7k Onan, which will run both AC's and everything else. If the MH is moving, it's running. In the Class C, it's just not needed for one AC and limited equipment it has. Would be nice to have the little extra in the 5k, but the 4k will do. It is sufficient for how we would use it. Never really needed the thermal pane windows. Not saying they aren't great, but never had them due to not seeing the upgrade cost worth the results. We live in southern Louisiana but have traveled in temps at 0° also. We manage to stay comfortable. I can see in your neck of the woods it would be worth it. Storage, we've been in everything from popup to what we have now and always made it work. Even had DirecTV in the popup. We've never loaded anything to capacity and have plenty left over in our present coach. We've looked at those few Class C's we're interested in, and everything we have now will fit and still be within weight ratings. Same stuff / equipment has been in 3 out of 5 campers. Automatic levelers, the new one will have them. Love them but find ourselves still having to get out and use blocks due to the over extended alarm (HWH). Most parks with asphalt require pads under the feet, so we still have to get out. I still like them though. My wife says the fifth wheel was a lot faster to set up, and I think she's right. You just can't always get that perfect site. The class C is the only thing we haven't owned, and is what we went to buy the day I bought my Class A. 7 months later I'm wishing I'd have stuck with the gut feeling and remembering why we wanted the Class C. The class A just isn't for everybody, and the Class C fits our camping style much better. We want, less fancy, less slides (We have 4 now), no more full body paint, shorter length, shorter height, van chassis, over cab bunk, and where else can you find that but in the FR Class C.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #23
Plain Old Member

bclemens, another model we haven't discluded is the 3121. On that model, the only question I have is on the stove vent hood. Since it's not next to the outside wall, where does it vent to?

Still curious as to the switch box on the 3101 and hope someone can chime in on how they've configured their DirecTV box where it will work on all TV's, in any FR Class C. In previous campers, there were 2 jacks in by the TV, one for antenna, one for cable / sat box. We've alway used the cable jack to input into the DTV box, then used a splitter on the output of the box. One went to the antenna jack to feed Sat Signal to all TV's and the other to the TV located by the DTV box. I may be a little off on my description, but in the end, the antenna or DTV would work on all TV's.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
bclemens, another model we haven't discluded is the 3121. On that model, the only question I have is on the stove vent hood. Since it's not next to the outside wall, where does it vent to?

Still curious as to the switch box on the 3101 and hope someone can chime in on how they've configured their DirecTV box where it will work on all TV's, in any FR Class C. In previous campers, there were 2 jacks in by the TV, one for antenna, one for cable / sat box. We've alway used the cable jack to input into the DTV box, then used a splitter on the output of the box. One went to the antenna jack to feed Sat Signal to all TV's and the other to the TV located by the DTV box. I may be a little off on my description, but in the end, the antenna or DTV would work on all TV's.
3121 is Charcoal filter. It is not vented out.

Switch Box. Wingard confirmed that Satellite does not play well with their equipment. They are coming in tomorrow to trouble shoot the system and see the easiest way to use park cable for sat & still tie everything in together. We feed the "park cable" and "antenna" into the winegard booster, which when "OFF" is supposed to act just as a splitter. It looks like some of the electronics interfere. If you have a switch box, its a simple matter. If not, then you're going to be plugging and unplugging cables

Old 12-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #25
Plain Old Member

Thanks bclemens. I know the booster can be bypassed by removing the winegard / booster cover plate and putting a second jack in the plate. Takes a little wiring but bypasses the booster and gets rid of the interference problem. Switch would be nice, so hopefully when we order, it's an option on the 3 models we're looking at (3121, 3011 and 3101).
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Just make sure you request (if we're not doing it 100% of the time by then anyway) a switch box. That should make things much simpler. We get some input from Winegard soon.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
2Susan, Good idea on the pan.
The bus pan is a bit awkward to dump in the shower, but works. I have several of these pans and they are brilliant in the lower compartments for keeping things together. We have one just inside the door behind the dinette that contains boots, shoes etc. There are 5 of us typically aboard so shoe control is a must. When we are at a destination one of these pans contains shoes just under the edge of the motorhome. If it's one of THOSE places, meaning beach with sand, anywhere with mud, one of those pans is filled with water and a squirt of dish soap and holds a scrub brush for muddy pants, feet, toys whatever. Better than running the shower hose when dry crusty sand/mud needs soaking.
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #28
Plain Old Member

Finally bought one. We were on our way home from Christmas vacation in Georgia and decided to stop by a dealer we've shopped before. We ended up buying a Forester 3121DS and should be picking it up on Jan 5th. Just so happend they had the interior color and options we wanted. The bathroom is what sold the wife on that floor plan. There were definitely things we liked and disliked about the 3 models we were considering, so we had to go with the one with the most votes. I've read the recalls on the gas line in the slide, so hopefully that will be taken care of. I watched from underneath as the slide was operated and it appeared that it was in no danger of getting in a bind. After owning the class A and dealing with lots of problems, I finally said we'd just buy what we wanted from a dealer with a good service department. Wife's cousin is the service manager at this dealer, so we shouldn't have too much trouble getting things done if need be. I'm sure we'll have problems as all brands do, but I'm looking forward to enjoying the downsized class c. Wife will now take it camping while I am offshore, which was one of the reasons for wanting to move into the class c. It's more like driving a big truck instead of a bus, and wife has many miles of towing with a dually, so it's a little more familiar in the cockpit. A few things I've learned in this expensive venture, is never buy any RV based on what you read in the forums, good or bad, and stick to your gut feeling when buying. This makes RV #6 since 2003, and wife says it's here to stay for a WHILE. Guess I have an addiction problem. God has really blessed us in being able to explore every type of RV from the popup to our present MH. I look forward to picking some brains on here in regards to the class c as we familiarize ourself with it.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #29

Congrats on your purchase. I had the hose recall done on my 3120 which is basically a bracket replacement and ground wire reroute. The dealer should take care of that before delivery. You always customize things to your own tastes and I have made a number of upgrades and changes. One of the biggest issues my wife had was the cramped from passenger seat because of the couch butting up against it. I designed a slide mechanism so during travel the couch is slide back about 10 inches and latched which allows for full motion and recline of the passenger seat. It protrudes into the coach door way a little but is still accessible.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #30
Plain Old Member

I'm sure I'll be asking about the mods since you have the same model. I've got a list going for this one. On ours, the armrests on the couch can be removed, so it isn't an issue. This was one of our concerns, and I was relieved when the armrest came off like a removable seat head rest.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #31

ATVer, i would love pictures of your slide for the couch. I have a 3121 and my wife would benefit being able to recline the front fully.
lkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #32

Attached are some photos of version 1 of my sliding couch. Photo 25 and 26 shows the slot mechanism in the fully slid back position. The slots are hooked, the right side hook holds the couch in the rearward position for travel and the left side hook is when the couch is in the normal camping position. The couch is mounted on a plywood base with carpet underneath so it slides easily on the vinyl floor. There are four bolts into the floor each with its' own slot. The third photo 29 shows stairwell access is restricted but still very usable. Photo 28 shows the passenger seat fully reclined and fully set to the rear with no restrictions due to the couch. Photo 30 shows the couch in a mid position so you can more easily understand the functionality of the slots and bolts. The seat belt attachments go into the floor and were not disturbed so I see no reason they still could not be used with the couch in the normal position. We will have no need for more than two extra people and the belts on the dinette with suffice. I'm thinking about a version 2 which would be powered using a rack and pinion mechanism.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 025.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	28802   Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 026.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	28803   Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 029.jpg
Views:	133