Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #31
ATVer, i would love pictures of your slide for the couch. I have a 3121 and my wife would benefit being able to recline the front fully.

lkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #32
Attached are some photos of version 1 of my sliding couch. Photo 25 and 26 shows the slot mechanism in the fully slid back position. The slots are hooked, the right side hook holds the couch in the rearward position for travel and the left side hook is when the couch is in the normal camping position. The couch is mounted on a plywood base with carpet underneath so it slides easily on the vinyl floor. There are four bolts into the floor each with its' own slot. The third photo 29 shows stairwell access is restricted but still very usable. Photo 28 shows the passenger seat fully reclined and fully set to the rear with no restrictions due to the couch. Photo 30 shows the couch in a mid position so you can more easily understand the functionality of the slots and bolts. The seat belt attachments go into the floor and were not disturbed so I see no reason they still could not be used with the couch in the normal position. We will have no need for more than two extra people and the belts on the dinette with suffice. I'm thinking about a version 2 which would be powered using a rack and pinion mechanism.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 025.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	28802   Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 026.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	28803   Click image for larger version

Name:	snskr 029.jpg
Views:	74