Old 05-28-2019, 06:30 PM   #1

Multi use sub-woofer question

I know there is a lot of RV expertise in this forum but I'm also hoping there a few audiophiles posting here as well. I am looking to replace the large heavy sub presently installed under my dining room seat with something more compact, accessible, and easily removable. The idea being that during driving I would have the sub connected to the dash radio and finally be able to hear some low ends frequencies outside of the rumble of the RV itself. Of course while camping it would be connected to the house radio for some full range music and then on outdoor movie night or campground picnics I'd move it outside the rig.

Now this might be asking a lot for what seems like a simple thing, but so far I have failed to find the right solution. Is there anyone out there that has done something similar or have idea's that might help?

PS. I have a 2016 3011

RVr

newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #2
Usually Confused Member

Not sure what you mean by "more compact, accessible, and easily removable". I put a 10 inch Bazooka tube with the built in amplifier under the side facing couch. It fits just fine and is very accessible, although I've not found a need to access it. Even though the amp is only 100 watts it will chase you out of this small space (3051S) if I crank up the volume.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Not sure what you mean by "more compact, accessible, and easily removable". I put a 10 inch Bazooka tube with the built in amplifier under the side facing couch. It fits just fine and is very accessible, although I've not found a need to access it. Even though the amp is only 100 watts it will chase you out of this small space (3051S) if I crank up the volume.
I was thinking about getting the six inch bazooka and mounting on the floor between the driver seat and the side couch where the slide ends when retracted. These are secured with velcro or straps correct? They may even have modular plugs for wire connections. In that case I could wire both sources to the sub and change the connector depending on which source I was listening too. Also, if i wanted to use the sub outside, I could just unstrap/unplug it and move it.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote