Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #31
I just bought 10 LED's to replace the hot 20 watt ones I have all over my motorhome. They cost me $5.77 each and free shipping from China.
Paid by PayPal and they arrived special delivery in about 2 weeks.
They have good email communications and even send a international tracking number.
They have ever imagionable LED you can think of.
And they do not use resisters but IC chips to control voltage.

Here is a link to the website.
LED Strip,MR16,GU10,G4,Cree,LED,Light Bulb,Fluorescent Light -

2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 49,000 miles
(2013 - 98 days) (2014 - 117 days) (2015 - 67 days) (2016 - 115 days)
USAF Retired - MSgt

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #32
Coachmen Adrenaline
Originally Posted by SNB View Post
LEDs are a nice feature to add. I spent time replacing all of them in our rig, works great -- less power used, a lot less heat coming off. Even changed out the bulbs in the closets and in the range hood. Only bulbs that don't work great are the ones on the dimmer over the bed -- they work fine when on shore power, but once the battery isn't fully topped off, the dimmer doesn't work well...
There is a dimmer switch almost identical to the one in your unit that is made specifically for LED applications instead of incandescent. I am guessing that you have a hard time getting full brightness and then inconsistent dimming patterns with the current dimmer switch.

jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #33
Site Team - Lou
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
They not that far off of the incandescent color (They've come a long way since the bluish first attempt). They are a bit "harsh" when looking right at them..I don't think I get the same effect with the old lights.

Right now we are just in testing phase, we haven't made product decisions quite yet.
I think that the cost difference should be minimal and you might just find they can be provided as a "standard option" at order time.

Who ever is buying could order the "Boondock Package" or not. That way any additional cost of the fixtures could be included in other higher cost items that are installed at the factory like:

1) Dual high amp hour (like 400 total) batteries
2) 1500 Watt Pure Sine Inverter
3) All LED lighting
4) Larger fresh water and gray water holding tanks
5) Solar Panels (200 Watts plus controller)

Folks who take their boondocking seriously might be willing to go 2500-3500 extra for these to be factory pre-installed. I know I would had it been available when I ordered my Flagstaff.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #34
2012 Solera
Just finished (unless I missed some) replacing the interior lights on my Solera with LEDs. Replaced 19 halogens and two pure incandescents (stove vent light and light in overcab area). I used "Tower Type G4 15 LED Warm White" bulbs from Amazon to replace the 19 halogens ($8.49 each); T10 LED 194 Wedge bulbs Dash Dome Light 105 Lumen White bulbs also from Amazon to replace the two incandescents ($6.55 each). I also "invented" a two stage dimmer for the over dinette and the over bed "reading" lights (double throw switch which switches a resistor in series with the LED lights in one position). Have camped with the halogen replacements several days - without hookups - nice and easy on the batteries; very acceptable light. Very low current draw when only using the "dimmed" bulbs - <200 ma for both sets of lights. With the switches and a few spair LED bulbs, ~$200.

JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote