Old 07-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
Plain Old Member

Man you sound like me. Been following all your threads. I pretty much did the same thing. MH went from the dealer to the shop, stayed there for a while being tweaked, modified, tested and everything else before leaving on the first trip. Still had issues though, most of which have been resolved.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #22

Update on Leak Repairs Cont.

I reinstalled the curved shower track and both doors. Then took a shower and the leak still happened in the same place.

Last night I talked to a friend that knew someone whose RV shower leaked from the weight of a person standing on the pan or tub. My tub floor does flex from my body weight of 165 lbs. The tub drain has a rubber gasket that seals the drain-line fitting. I decided to use some putty rope instead of caulk to seal this from inside the tub.

Now, if the leak still exists then the drain-line under the tub is flexing and causing the leak. The weight of someone in the shower could be moving the drain pipe under the tub.

How does one access the underside of the tub to see the drain-line?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0733_edited-1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	34496  

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
Plain Old Member

Tim, luckily on ours there is actually an access panel in the tub base where you can access the p-trap / drain line, but we have the radius corner shower. You can barely see the panel in the picture. Very kind of them to do this. On yours if I remember right, the end of the shower that has the drain is against what is the wardrobe in the bedroom. I'm not sure of the exact layout. Is there anyway you can get in the bottom of that wardrobe near the floor and cut an access section out? Is there drawers that can be removed and access in there? There is a way, you just gotta find it. The 1/16" wall board is easy to cut obviously and it would be something easy to hide if you did have to cut out something in there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0166 - Copy.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	34500  
Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #24

Water Test NO Leaks!!

I got back into the tub and ran water from the spout. Using my weight I walked on the tub floor and allowed it to flex. When you get with-in four inches of the drain the floor moves downward. Normally one would not be standing that close to the drain. But when you turn around to shower it would be possible to flex the floor as you can hear it moving to.

Adding some putty rope to the edge of the tub drain fitting stopped the leak. I believe caulk would not flex enough so I opted for the putty.

There is a wall panel on the outside of the tub. It has three screws along the top and none on the sides or bottom. The panel is thin wall board with caulked sides. The panel has a night light and heater vent in it. But hopefully the problem is resolved. Still should learn how to remove this panel for later access.

2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 07-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #25
Plain Old Member

That's great. Glad you found the issue. More of a pain, but if you get inside that panel and can, have you thought about removing the drain, putting a new line of putty, resetting it and then adding the sealer like you did? Obviously they didn't put sufficient putty under the drain, if any, before tightening the nut underneath. Sometimes better to leave well enough alone, but you could inspect everything else in there too.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
GM

I would be in the "leave well enough alone camp" There is not really a good way to get into that area on that floor plan. It is pretty tight even if you did.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #27

Fixed & moving forward

Agreed the issue is repaired, it just took a few days to determine the location of water entry. It was a simple fix once I eliminated all other possibilities.

2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #28

#3051S Water Leak FINALLY!!

Ok, the water leak reappeared and was never resolved. So, I removed the tub face panel to gain access. At that point after taking a shower I could see the source of the leak.

The shower door frame on the left side, at the bottom behind the door track was a small opening where the tub/surround met. The bottom curved shower track had to be removed to see the area. This is not caulked just like the rest of the shower surround. I went ahead and dried the area, caulked it and let it sit for two days. LEAK FIXED!!

2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 07-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #29

#3051S Leak photos

see photos attached
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0859_edited-2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	35424   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0866_edited-2.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	35425   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0865_edited-2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	35426  

2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 07-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #30
Plain Old Member

Same spot one of our previous RV's had leaked. You may remember the post I made a while back about removing the door and track, laying sealant down and resetting the door track and surround. Did a little extra sealing similar to yours after it was reset. Same fix, your way was much simpler. Amazing how the smallest things create some of the biggest aggravations. Glad you have it whooped now.

« Leaks | Whoops »