Old 03-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #11

Looking to purchase the same model if the price is right. Do you mind saying what you paid?

Old 03-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekwiat View Post
Looking to purchase the same model if the price is right. Do you mind saying what you paid?
rekwiat just sent you a PM.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:45 PM   #13

Brian, in the 2015 Forester 3011DS is the audio system Sirrus ready or do you have to add something to unit to get Sirrus to work?
Old 03-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #14
GM

If the radio is the new Jensen, then the Sirius tuner and antenna are already installed.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
If the radio is the new Jensen, then the Sirius tuner and antenna are already installed.
Brian will the Jensen be the unit installed in all current builds? Thanks.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #16
GM

Yes. Everything running the last month (and forward) will be Jensen.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 03-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Yes. Everything running the last month (and forward) will be Jensen.
So a departure of the Magnadyne with 5.1 sound system? I am on my 2nd Magnadyne so if I have repeat problems should I go with something else?

Sorry OP for the hijack.

Bobby
Old 03-31-2014, 09:12 AM   #18
GM

The main reason we switched was to get the XM tuner and antenna included. There was some question as to whether the M4 could provide that. We will still have surround sound with a subwoofer.

I can't speak for warranty related issues. If it is still covered under warranty and you're expecting warranty to cover it, then you'll need to do whatever they propose.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #19

Quote:
The main reason we switched was to get the XM tuner and antenna included. There was some question as to whether the M4 could provide that. We will still have surround sound with a subwoofer.

I can't speak for warranty related issues. If it is still covered under warranty and you're expecting warranty to cover it, then you'll need to do whatever they propose.
Ok. I had thought the reason to stick with the M4 was because it was the only 5.1 unit. The other reason of the inquiry from M4 to Jensen was curious if FR just found the Maganadyne had too many problems.
Warranty had been taking care of the "failed" units. My experience is the M4 runs very hot when using the dvd.
Thanks!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #20
GM

The 5.1 was one of the main reasons we went to that radio over others....but what we found is that in an RV setting, there was no way to position the center channel correctly and frankly most people didn't seem to care. The new system will be 4.1.

The Jensen is also a newer system with the latest Bluetooth technology and an upgraded gps interface. Still iGo, but the Primo version. "Hands on" I have found it to be much more intuitive.

The Sirius thing became more of an issue. People see the "Sirius Ready" logo and assume it has it. That became very frustrating because that IS NOT our term...but Sirius' term. Very misleading in my book. When we originally bought that radio he had them take that logo off...but if you are licensed with Sirius they REQUIRE you to print that logo on. Customers would buy the unit, expect Sirius. Take it home and then it became "he said she said" between dealer salesperson and customer.

I still use the Magnadyne and have not had any issues with my model. The firmware updates have solved any issues that I did have. Then again, I never use the GPS since I always use TomTom on my iPhone. I just like having all my contacts in there already.

Tags
forester