Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #11
GM

PM me your contact info and I will have a service person contact you. They can answer questions about parts & service.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #12
Plain Old Member

I just pm'd my contact info to you, or I think I did.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
GM

I got it and passed it on to the head of Service. You should hear something soon.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
Plain Old Member

Hadn't seen any feedback from the service guys yet. Hopefully they tried the email as I'm in the Gulf of Mexico now for 21 days.

On the 12v panel, I'm pretty sure it's the solenoid. A little explanation from one of our electrical gooroos out here made a little sense. Probably the alternator feed causing it to hum. This panel should be part of the emergency start set up, hence hearing the solenoid click when you press the rocker switch by the drivers seat. If that is the case, it's easily solved with a noise filter inline. I won't do anything without obtaining an electrical schematic first. Would FR send or email me the electrical and plumbing schematics for this unit? Sure would be helpful.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Hadn't seen any feedback from the service guys yet. Hopefully they tried the email as I'm in the Gulf of Mexico now for 21 days.

On the 12v panel, I'm pretty sure it's the solenoid. A little explanation from one of our electrical gooroos out here made a little sense. Probably the alternator feed causing it to hum. This panel should be part of the emergency start set up, hence hearing the solenoid click when you press the rocker switch by the drivers seat. If that is the case, it's easily solved with a noise filter inline. I won't do anything without obtaining an electrical schematic first. Would FR send or email me the electrical and plumbing schematics for this unit? Sure would be helpful.

Concerning electrical diagrams, your dealer should be able to get them for you. That's how I got mine. I also obtained the plumbing diagrams from customer service at the factory. They are not easy to read and are more like connection diagrams not what I would call detailed design schematics but are all that they said they had. I look at it as a house wiring diagram which shows some things as black boxes so you may need to get further details from the particular components' manufacturer.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
GM

This is all I have on the BCC and I think it is newer than the one you have. ATVer is correct, it is more like housing than automotive.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 00-10033-200 FR BCC RevC.pdf (39.8 KB, 51 views)
Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
Plain Old Member

bclemens, actually I think that is the exact panel I have. I don't have an exact build date on ours, but they told me it came out of the paint booth in late October 2012. Comparing my pictures with the schematic, it just about all matches down to the wire colors. It's definitely the battery isolator relay making the noise. Dan Evans has contacted me and I've replied with my wish list. Thanks for sending my info to him.

I may have asked, but do you have a general phone / email contact list of personnel at Forest River? I've got a list started with Dan Evans. It's just nice to know who to call for what and when. Does Forest River have a "help line" per say, as in someone to call in the event you're stuck in a campground with a problem and can't leave without a little help / advice / instruction from FR?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
GM

We don't give out phone lists...its sort of like Ford motor company, we would prefer you direct those questions to the dealer. You get coach net free for the first year and there is an 800 number in there to call, someone else might be able to give you an idea of what they offer as I have never used the program. April Conner is the retail warranty rep, but Dan is her boss. So you're at the top of the chain currently.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
Plain Old Member

I understand. Every company works differently and I respect that. I've read many times on this forum where somebody obtained approval for work, had it done and sent FR the bill for reimbursement (outside of dealer). However nobody ever mentions who they were in contact with at FR. If Dan is the man, I'm in good shape. I'm not in that situation to need whatever they needed, but was curious should the need arise. Probably shouldn't even mention the previous MH company, but during my short ownership of the class A, I got spoiled to calling the techs and having them help me fix something over the phone. Forums are great, but one can only do so much on that route. On my previous venture, call any one of them up, give them the VIN, and 99% of the time they could tell you where to look, what panel to remove, how to fix it, and have a part overnighted to the campground if need be. I realize not all manufacturers do business like that, but I wish they did. I'm sure it's been suggested before. If I had a wish to submit to FR, that would be it. A tech service just for helping people fix small things with a little guidance on the phone. Helps avoid a lot of money spent on fuel to and from dealer, plus missing my camping days. With my work schedule, 21 days on, 21 off, time is vital. This is one reason we're probably choosing to bring it to Indiana. Kill 2 birds with one stone. By bringing it there, I get to enjoy the drive there, tour the factory, meet the FR people and make a nice trip out of it. Take it to my dealer, and I'm just lose out on a bunch of camping days. I'm not doubting anybody's advice on this forum and I have got some greatly appreciated feedback, but with a forum post, I have to hope it's read by that one individual that knows exactly how to fix something, and that doesn't always happen.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #20
GM

No, I understand wholeheartedly. I know the company you refer to and they really do a good job. They do only one thing though and that helps. For us, we have over 70 divisions from pop ups to Diesel pushers. Having said that, search for the "FROG Rally" on this forum. Not sure the numbers, but many members attended the rally and ended up getting very good service. We had an army of service techs come out and handle a host of issues from little to small. We're getting there.