Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #1

New Forrester MBS 2401R

Just took delivery! Very excited. Just getting to know the ropes. Do have a question - my SO and I would like to tow his Harley. Any ideas on trailers? Other suggestions/advice?

Thanks so much,
Jodi
jodi1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:09 AM   #2

Hi Jodi - welcome to the forums! We picked up our 2401r on June 24th and we love it! Currently camping in a beautiful campground in Gordonsville, VA. This forum is so active and helpful, one of the many reasons we chose the FR. We are also interested in towing a Harley so will be following along to see what you find out. Good Luck and have fun!

Jani
mlbellanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your new Forrester MBS 2401R
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi1216 View Post
Just took delivery! Very excited. Just getting to know the ropes. Do have a question - my SO and I would like to tow his Harley. Any ideas on trailers? Other suggestions/advice?

Thanks so much,
Jodi
Not sure where you live but check out Sport Trailers - NEO Manufacturing. They are located in Sturgis, Michigan and make all aluminum enclosed motorcycle trailers. Their NAMR and NAMF series come compete with ramp tracks, tiedowns, and wheel chocks. They come in various sizes and widths and in both one and two bike versions. You can get the inside either finished or unfinished and the outside in your choice of colors and Schemes. A real nice trailer at a reasonable price.

We have their NAMR127TR that we finished the interior ourselves, in which we haul two Honda Shadows behind our 2017 Sunseeker MBS2400WS

Happy cycling and RVing.. BTW maybe its time to consider his and her Harleys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer with bikes.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	113628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunseeker with trailer.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	113629  
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:39 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #6

Consider this...no need to hook & unhook and backs up like it is part of your coach.
The ultimate single wheel trailer system.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:41 PM   #7

Welcome to the FF..from Ohio
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:17 PM   #8

I've purchased new 2016 Forester MBS 2401R last Friday and will pickup in a few days as soon as PDI is done. Any one here in Washington State?
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:16 AM   #9

Turn on furnace for the first time, smoke alarm went off. Any ideas why? It seems to run full blast for a long time. How to make it run on setting? I had air on auto mode
Old 07-25-2016, 01:17 AM   #10

My wife did not wants to get in there again cause it made us so sick from smoke.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Turn on furnace for the first time, smoke alarm went off. Any ideas why? It seems to run full blast for a long time. How to make it run on setting? I had air on auto mode
need to burn the oil off the internal metal parts. Run your kitchen exhaust, your cabin roof top fan, and your bathroom fan along with the furnace.

Here is a manual for the single zone thermostat if this is the wrong one for your unit. the correct one can be had at dometic.com. It will tell you how to set your furance and roof top air to suit your needs and preferences.

BTW, it you take the time to write down model and serial numbers, you will not only have them if you have problems with an appliance, but you can also use those numbers to either search the web for user manuals or call the manufacturer and ask them to send you printed copies.

Hope is of some help
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Single-Zone-LCD-Operation-Manual_17590.pdf (497.5 KB, 47 views)
Old 07-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #12

Thanks you ShermanD. I went back to dealer and told walk through person that they didn't earned the PDI money. I am so glad nothing major on my unit except the scary part. I think I got most everything down until next camping. Keep my fingers cross but i know where to come back to for more knowledge. Thanks again and happy trails.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
Thanks you ShermanD. I went back to dealer and told walk through person that they didn't earned the PDI money. I am so glad nothing major on my unit except the scary part. I think I got most everything down until next camping. Keep my fingers cross but i know where to come back to for more knowledge. Thanks again and happy trails.
It sure would have been nice if Forest River had included the thermostat manual but they didn't. It would have also been nice if our dealer would have instructed us on it proper use and available options, but they didn't.

The first time I used the furnace, the fan on the air conditioner also came on, talk about a racket at 6am when the DW was stall asleep.

BTW if you go to the Dometic site, you can request both electronic and printed copies of the manuals for their products that are in your RV.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:05 AM   #14

This is a Drop Tail trailer which I find to be easy and safe for one person to load/unload. Like a Kendon, it folds up and stores in my garage and I can still fit my car. Unlike a Kendon, there's no skinny ramp to deal with. The whole width of the back hinges down to ground level.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0432.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	115314  
khocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #15

Like others I started out thinking that the sales person actually knew everything about the Rig, I quickly learned that was not so as many others have found. The forum Is far more reliable for information then the average sales person.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:55 PM   #16

I am totally agreeing with you SeaDog. In short period of times I've learned so much in here and none from the whole dealer staffs. I almost can read on their faces, they couldn't care less except your money. I will always have friends here even so we had never met.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:57 AM   #17

Enclosed VS Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by khocke View Post
This is a Drop Tail trailer which I find to be easy and safe for one person to load/unload. Like a Kendon, it folds up and stores in my garage and I can still fit my car. Unlike a Kendon, there's no skinny ramp to deal with. The whole width of the back hinges down to ground level.
First off a Class "C" RV is built so near to the chassis GVWR that you are lucky if you have 1000 pounds available for everything else.
Everything else includes you and your passengers, dogs count too. The water in your tanks, the clothes in your closet, those lawn chairs, cleaning supplies, food, pots and pans,,, and of course your trailers tongue weight!

Tongue weight is usually set up to be approximately 10% of the trailers total weight.
The MBS 2400 WS, the specifications say that your hitch capacity is 4200 pounds but it also states that the tongue weight capacity is 350 pounds. Therefore the hitch is rated to allow you to flat or dolly tow a 4200 pound vehicle just as long as your tongue weight does not exceed 350 pounds.

It also allows you to to 3500 pounds in a trailer.

While an open trailer is lighter, should one decide to haul their motorcycle on it. They have two choices, leave it open to the elements or cover it with a cloth, canvas, or tarp style motorcycle cover and allow the wind to beat the living daylights out of the paint job.

With an enclosed trailer, not only can you carry your motorcycle in a locked garage, you can also carry anything else your heart desires up to that magic 3500 pound limit and only use 350 pounds of that elusive 1000 pounds of motorhome capacity.

Murelene and I have a tandem axle, all aluminum enclosed trailer.
Tandem axle because I like the idea of having brakes on the trailer when driving through mountainous and hilly area.

Our trailer weighs in at 1600 pounds
two Honda Shadow 50 cu in V twins @ 600 pounds each
gives a total of 2800 pounds, so we still have 700 pounds of carrying capacity while only using 350 pounds of the GVW.

Here is a list of what we carry in our trailer in addition to the motorcycles and we still haven't used up that 700 available pounds.

5 gallons diesel fuel for RV
5 gallons gasoline for the bikes
20 pound spare propane tank- have the extenda stay LP adapter
Trailer spare
bottle jack
2 folding lawn chairs
2 chairs in a bag
1 portable fire pit
2 sets leveling blocks
8 pcs -12' x 36" x 3/4" plyood to place under tires and stabelizer when parking on grass- use it quite a bit when visiting friends and primitive camping
2- motorcycle helmets
2- leather motorcycle jackets
2 empty 20 gallon storage containers- Murelene likes to shop while traveling

Try and put all that in an open trailer or in your class "C" and stay under the GVRW