Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #1

New Member & RV

We pick up our 2014 FR Forester LE2252E tomorrow. We looked for quite a while and when we saw this unit it fits our needs as we wanted a smaller MH. We traded our 5th wheel on this unit. So this will be a very different experience for us.
I could not find any posts relating to our type unit and wanted to check to see if there is anyone has one that would like to share their experience and opinion about it. I am interested in hearing about any modifications or suggestions. Thanks, John
Irish Reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #2

New Member & RV

I think the model numbers are 2250 and 2251 which might be why you didn't see 2252 talked about.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #3

Thank you..... 2251 Is correct. Thanks for catching that.
Irish Reb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #4

New Member Too

We are in the market for a new RV and have pretty much decided that the Forester 3121DS is the right fit for us. We have never been RV'ers before and know very little. We'd like some information from owners of this model regarding their satisfaction and problems encountered. We are looking forward to taking to the highway but are very unsure about many things such as warranty, service, custom building, altering basic features such as the bathroom/shower features. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Intrepid Travelers.
Intrepid Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Travelers View Post
We are in the market for a new RV and have pretty much decided that the Forester 3121DS is the right fit for us. We have never been RV'ers before and know very little. We'd like some information from owners of this model regarding their satisfaction and problems encountered. We are looking forward to taking to the highway but are very unsure about many things such as warranty, service, custom building, altering basic features such as the bathroom/shower features. Any information would be helpful. Thanks
Intrepid Travelers.
One thing to know right off the bat is (I believe) FR stopped making the 3120 / 3121 lines.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #6

Welcome to the forums and good luck tomorrow.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #7

Is there any known reason as to why they may have discontinued that line? The dealers that I have talked to said that the 3121DS is their most popular model. Is there some way to contact the factory to address this question if indeed they have discontinued this model? The 3121DS is the only model of RV that we've found so far with an adequate shower facility for us with bad backs. Thanks
Intrepid Travelers
Old 01-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Is there any known reason as to why they may have discontinued that line? The dealers that I have talked to said that the 3121DS is their most popular model. Is there some way to contact the factory to address this question if indeed they have discontinued this model? The 3121DS is the only model of RV that we've found so far with an adequate shower facility for us with bad backs. Thanks

Intrepid Travelers

Go over to the Sunseeker sub forum. Look for a recent thread there entitled "changed floor plans". Look specifically for posts by bclemens as he is a rep for FR.

The short answer (as I recall) is that I don't think that floorplan was a top seller nationally or at least as popular as some of their newer floorplans.

All that said, aside from bclemens posting here every so often on his own time, your best (official) conduit to FR is through the dealer.

I believe these floorplan changes are fairly recent so you might still be able to get a 3121 special ordered.
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Intrepid Travelers.
As for your other questions...

We have a Sunseeker 3100 so can't comment specifically on the 3120.

Warranty: There will be problems with any new unit. But, at least from our perspective, FR has done a great job doing whatever to make it right. I am sure you can find horror stories from certain owners. But I believe the vast majority on this forum are happy campers.

Service: We live in Ohio & bought from RVDirect in New York. I don't recommend that for you being newbies. Equally important to the MH itself, IMHO, is that you buy through a great dealer. They will help acquaint you with the unit, answer questions, fix problems. I would suggest you check out the dealer review sub forums on this website & Google search your dealer name with the word reviews tacked on.

Customizations / Alterations: FR doesn't do a ton of this. They have some options. But it's mostly stuff like trading out a dinette for something else. I don't recall hearing about a lot of changes in the shower area. As I mentioned in my last post, I would run any proposed changes by your dealer & ask them to work with FR to see if it's possible.

A couple other thought: I would suggest you read not just this sub forum but also the Sunseeker sub forum. You may or may not know, but the two units are virtually identical. The Forester just includes some nice-ities as standard. But that will help in your research too. Also, you can use the search function with 3121 in this sub forum & 3120 in the Sunseeker sub forum to get to specific posts about the unit you're considering.

Good luck!
Old 01-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #10

We have 2012 3120 and love it. My wife especially likes the side isle and 3 long windows. Just like any RV you can always find things to personalize and make it better. Biggest change of many I made was to put the couch on a slide so it can be moved rearward while traveling so my wife can comfortably ride in the passenger seat.

The 3121 layout no longer exists on the FR website but maybe they will special order one. There are still a number of new 2013 and 2014 (7 Foresters and 8 Sunseekers) on RV Trader .com in a quick search so you still may be able to find one close to you. Not to push you to another brand but if you have to have the large bathroom there are other brands like Jayco, Winnebago, Itasca, etc who have similar dual slide, side isle, large bathroom layouts. Variations of the layout have been around a long time so a number of manufacturers still have it.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #11

Thank you guys so much for all the help. We are looking at the possibility of changing our brand choice. For the life of me I have yet to notice the difference between the Forester and the Sunseeker floor plans. What is it (other than price) that separates one from the other? I have to take time to read the dealers' ratings because I am not opposed to traveling to obtain the RV I want but I also want to be close enough that if there is a service issue that I can comfortably get there and have it taken care of. I DO like the Sunseeker floor plan and am going to try to find either the Forester or Sunseeker close by. Thanks
Intrepid Travelers
Old 01-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Thank you guys so much for all the help. We are looking at the possibility of changing our brand choice. For the life of me I have yet to notice the difference between the Forester and the Sunseeker floor plans. What is it (other than price) that separates one from the other? I have to take time to read the dealers' ratings because I am not opposed to traveling to obtain the RV I want but I also want to be close enough that if there is a service issue that I can comfortably get there and have it taken care of. I DO like the Sunseeker floor plan and am going to try to find either the Forester or Sunseeker close by. Thanks
Intrepid Travelers
The floor plans for the Sunseeker and the Forester are the same. It's just the finishes, some options, and the graphics and paint packages that are different. Sunseeker sales are higher and the number of dealers are higher as well. One of the biggest difference is the Forester ceiling which is padded and has sunken lighting with dimmers. If you carefully read the respective brochures you will find the differences and you can decide if the added cost is worth it.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:49 AM   #13
Commercial Member

If you want a 3120, I think you can still order that. The issue is floor plans. We can't keep them all so we phase out the ones that don't sell as well as others. We will still let someone order it as long as we have not made changes that require engineering.

The issue is, if we have 100 floor plans and we make a change, engineering has to change prints for 100 floor plans. So we keep only the best sellers to minimize the engineering impact. We're looking at some things for Forester and when we make that change, the 3121 will no longer be available because we will not update the prints.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote