Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #1

New RV and unsure about a few things

Hello,
I recently purchased a Sunseeker 3100 LE and I am new to RV-ing. I have read through the manuals but the lack of pictures or diagrams has left me feeling a little uncertain. Hopefully, you can help a newbie out?
1. The connection to the left of the connection labled "City Water", is this the connection to fill the fresh water tank?
2. I have a monitor panel and at the bottom there are two switches, one labeled "pump" (water pump) the other says "htr" seems like heater to me but I can't imagine what heater it could be. I have an Arctic Pack which has it's own switch, the furnace has it's own switch, and the hot water heater has it's own switch... so, what does "htr" do?

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any information!!
k9menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #2

The city water connection is the one to allow you to hook directly to the water connection at the campground or at home. It will not fill your tank but will provide water to you without using the tank. The tank filler tube should be close by and probably has a white cap covering it. You just insert the end of your hose in that to fill the fresh tank.

The monitor panel marked "htr" may be the switch for the gas side of our water heater. Most RV's today have DSI water heaters, which is Direct Spark Ignition. They are also usually both gas and electric. On my Flagstaff the inside switch is to start the gas side of the water heater. There is a switch outside on the water heater itself to turn on the electric side of the heater. Be sure there is water in the tank before turning on either of these or you will ruin the heater. If that is not it, perhaps you have heated holding tanks.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #3

Ok, that connector next to the city water must be for filling the tank. The tank is under the bed, I can't imagine you're supposed to run a hose inside the camper!
I am pretty sure my water heater is gas only... but, it is possible that is for an electric option on the water heater. My Arctic Pack for the tank heaters has it's own switch.
Can't wait to get my first trip under my belt!
Thanks!!
k9menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #4

yes the switch is for your water heater if it is like mine it will run on gas unless the gas is off or out then it will kick in on elec And yes make sure the bipass is open so it fills with water befor you fire it up Have fun
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9menace View Post
Hello,
I recently purchased a Sunseeker 3100 LE and I am new to RV-ing. I have read through the manuals but the lack of pictures or diagrams has left me feeling a little uncertain. Hopefully, you can help a newbie out?
1. The connection to the left of the connection labled "City Water", is this the connection to fill the fresh water tank?
2. I have a monitor panel and at the bottom there are two switches, one labeled "pump" (water pump) the other says "htr" seems like heater to me but I can't imagine what heater it could be. I have an Arctic Pack which has it's own switch, the furnace has it's own switch, and the hot water heater has it's own switch... so, what does "htr" do?

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any information!!

Quick question, i do also have a 2003 Sunseeker do you have a blue/red color hose under the camper, and that is your low points hoses? If you are, how do you open them to drain the pipes? Thanks
wengerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #6

On my Rockwood SUL, my fresh water fill is next to the ladder on the rear. The city fill is not for the fresh water tank...I'm a newb too and would have logically thought it could pull double duty...oh well...learning is fun.
kgershman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #7

The "htr" switch definately sounds like the swith to your water heater. When you turn the switch on, do you have a red light that comes on. If so, that lets you know that your DSI is attempting to light the pilot on the water heater. If the light turns on for a few seconds and then off, the DSI lit the pilot and your good to go. If the light stays on, then your DSI is not lighting or your out of propane. Hope this helps.
opcop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker le