Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #1

New RV owner needs help!

My husband and I have camped for fifty years but always with a pull behind. Our campers had a regular sewer dump and a grey water tank. I'm now driving a 30 ft Forest River RV and it has a regular sewer dump - plus --- a grey water and black water dump. All the owner's manual talks about are the grey water and black water. All the solid waste goes into the black water tank. What is the sewer dump for? It is not mentioned at all in the owner's manual. I am so confused.
joaniebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:18 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum from MN.
What model do you have? someone with that same model can probably answer your question.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:26 PM   #3
Site Team

joanie, pull behinds are considered RVs, as are popups, truck campers, 5th wheels AND Motorhomes.
So, since you don't have your RV listed in your profile, FR has numerous divisions that make numerous brands of Motorhomes. So posting that info will help Forum members help you.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

joaniebelle, your post is a little confusing.
As others mentioned, let us know with model and we can give better answers.

I'm confused to your terminology of "regular sewer dump" and then saying "grey tank dump" and "black tank dump".

Many R/Vs have multiple dump connections. Mine has two ports. One for the black tank and the grey tank and a separate port for the galley (kitchen) tank. Each tank has a separate handle to open the three individual valves for those tanks but only two ports where the hose connects.

Are you sure you are describing things correctly?
What did your dealer tell you about dumping your tank(s) when doing the PDI/Customer Orientation?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaniebelle View Post
My husband and I have camped for fifty years but always with a pull behind. Our campers had a regular sewer dump and a grey water tank. I'm now driving a 30 ft Forest River RV and it has a regular sewer dump - plus --- a grey water and black water dump. All the owner's manual talks about are the grey water and black water. All the solid waste goes into the black water tank. What is the sewer dump for? It is not mentioned at all in the owner's manual. I am so confused.
You wrote "a regular sewer dump - plus --- a grey water and black water dump." Grey water and black water ARE the regular sewer dump(s). Would you post pics so we can see to what you are referring when you say "regular sewer dump"?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:19 AM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. As you can tell a little more info will give you the answer to your questions. You come to the right place to get those answers. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #7

Newbie needs lots of help - more information

Thanks folks for the responses. I have a 2014 Forest River Sunseeker MotorHome. It is a 30 ft gasoline on a Ford Chassis. I'm going to try and post this info somewhere here on the forum so people will know and as soon as I can I will post pictures. I am finding that is very helpful.
As far as the orientation session it was not really addressed. The guy said here are your sewer and tank dumps and my husband said "we know about those" - duh!!! and we moved on. I'm afraid a number of items in the unit went like that and I am left holding the bag. My husband has macular degeneration and his vision is very compromised so I am pretty much running the show. I have a number of other questions that I will post when I can get some pictures. I appreciate your time and patience.
joaniebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:35 PM   #8
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks folks for the responses. I have a 2014 Forest River Sunseeker MotorHome. It is a 30 ft gasoline on a Ford Chassis. I'm going to try and post this info somewhere here on the forum so people will know and as soon as I can I will post pictures. I am finding that is very helpful.
As far as the orientation session it was not really addressed. The guy said here are your sewer and tank dumps and my husband said "we know about those" - duh!!! and we moved on. I'm afraid a number of items in the unit went like that and I am left holding the bag. My husband has macular degeneration and his vision is very compromised so I am pretty much running the show. I have a number of other questions that I will post when I can get some pictures. I appreciate your time and patience.

There is a thread just for Sunseeker campers so you could post you concerns there. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
There is a thread just for Sunseeker campers so you could post you concerns there. Later RJD
Thanks!
Thread moved to Sunseeker sub-forum.
Site Team

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
joanie, pull behinds are considered RVs, as are popups, truck campers, 5th wheels AND Motorhomes.
So, since you don't have your RV listed in your profile, FR has numerous divisions that make numerous brands of Motorhomes. So posting that info will help Forum members help you.
Click image for larger version

Name:	What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg
Views:	138
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	190999
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:18 PM   #11

Quote:
The guy said here are your sewer and tank dumps and my husband said "we know about those" - duh!!! and we moved on. I'm afraid a number of items in the unit went like that and I am left holding the bag. .
Actually, I think you do know about those. You hook up to the sewer connection just like you did in your towable.

Instead of the connections being down near the sewer connection as on your towable, the pull connections for dumping are on the side of your rig. You still dump (pull the lever) on the black water first, wait for it to drain, then pull the grey water lever (handle.)

Is that what you want to know?
Old 11-09-2018, 01:18 PM   #12

It may be that you have two black tanks. On the previous motorhome I had two black tanks. I had the bathroom and one half. The toilet in the back of the coach had its own tank and the half bath the other.

Jaime
Brake Buddy Stealth
jgallego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #13

Quote:
I have a Sunseeker 2500 TS. It has one waste water connection and two valves, one for black water the other for grey water. Previously I had a trailer for many years and the waste water situation was similar to the Sunseeker.
Just remember to dump the black water first and then the grey water.
Pete
papakilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #14

Hello Joanie. I don't have yoru model camper but I can help you iwth one question nobody has addressed yet.

In order to add a Signature, so everyone can see what equipment you have every time you post do the following:

1. Click on the "User CP" at the top left of the page.

2. Scroll down til you see "Edit Signature" on the left side of the screen and click on that.

3. Fill it out and click enter or Save. Then the info will appear every time you post. It will make it easier for us to help you.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #15

For clarification, are you saying that your previous units had black water and gray water tanks that required you to empty one and then move the hose to empty the other?
Adrian Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #16

"My husband has macular degeneration and his vision is very compromised so I am pretty much running the show."
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:24 PM   #17

New RV owner needs help!

I am going to make a broad assumption.

First, a black tank is the same as a swear dump.

With that said, and I am assuming you have a late model Sunseeker, the black/sewer dump and the gray tank black are located in an inclosed compartment on the drivers side.
It will look familiar to you. Remove large screw lid in the bottom of the bay to thread your sewer hose through and remove the cover lid to the one dump connection. Attach the sewer hose to your one connection it to your one connection.
Careful when removing the cap first time, may be liquid there.
Connect the hose to the CG sewer connection as you would with your TT.
Should be two handles. One may be black and one gray. The black/sewer will be the larger valve and the grey water the smaller.
Pull the black or larger valve and empty contents. Close the black or larger valve and pull the gray colored or smaller valve. When done, close the gray or smaller valve.
I hope this helps and is applicable to your coach.

Picture, courtesy of Hoglou.

May or may not reflect your setup. In this case,
Small Valve on left is the gray, large valve on right is the black/sewer
Valve in the front is a Hoglou modification. Ignore this valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1537.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	191183  
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote