Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #1

New to Forest River

Hi everyone, we just traded a 2000 Coachman Catalina for a 2017 Forester 3011DS. The first name of the Coachman had become "stupid" and it was high time to upgrade. We have been on one two night trip in out new Forester and we really love it. We now have 14 grandchildren and this coach will give us more sleeping room for all the little ones. The trial outing gave us a great opportunity to check out all the systems.

One problem - the music control panel above the door has the wrong time and all attempts to follow the instructions to correct the time has been in vain. The clock setting instructions indicate the procedure for changing the time, however, the forward and reverse buttons (that is suppose to change the hours and minutes) just does not work.

Any ideas?

We are happy to be a part of the Forest River family.
awc4562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

I too upgraded from a Coachmen. Very pleased with the decision although mine was not voluntary.
Welcome to Forester and Sunseeker crowd. We have had our new coach since Jan 31 and have not tried to set that clock yet. The microwave is much easier. Maybe one of the kids can help.
Safe Travels and in good health.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #3

The directions from the manual are as follows which it sounds like you have done:

ClockSetup
Press and hold the MODE DISPLAY button (5) for 2 seconds to enter to clock mode. Press and hold ALARM ON/OFF button (22) for 2 seconds and the clock displayed on the LCD will be flashing. Then, press the |<< button (15) to adjust the hour or press the >>|button (16) to adjust the minute. Continue adjusting the hour to move from AM to PM. Press the ENTER SEARCH button (20) to save the new time and exit the clock setting menu.
If the new time is not confirmed by pressing the ENTER SEARCH button, the unit will automatically exit the clock setting menu after 10 seconds of inactivity and the new time will be set.

You can always wait until just before midnight, turn off the battery disconnect which will turn off the power and reset clock to 12:00am when you turn the power back on and right on time.

Hope that helps.
HopHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

Holy Cow! Its only missing the press your thumbs together, close your right eye, stand on your head, whistle dixie and spit wooden nickels.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:59 PM   #5

Setting the darn clock before every trip became so frustrating that I installed solar panels on the roof just so I could keep the radio powered up all summer long even while in storage just to avoid avoid it.

<Just Kidding>

However, setting the clock is a bit of a PIA and the solar panels really do let me "set it and forget it" all summer long.

PS Welcome to forum and good luck with the new rig.

RVr
2016 3011DS
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #6

isn't coachman part of the forest river company? I think you were already party of the family.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
isn't coachman part of the forest river company? I think you were already party of the family.
CoachmEn was not part of FR in 2000.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #8

I'll give it a try on Friday - thanks for the great feedback.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #9

Internet has info

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc4562 View Post
Hi everyone, we just traded a 2000 Coachman Catalina for a 2017 Forester 3011DS. The first name of the Coachman had become "stupid" and it was high time to upgrade. We have been on one two night trip in out new Forester and we really love it. We now have 14 grandchildren and this coach will give us more sleeping room for all the little ones. The trial outing gave us a great opportunity to check out all the systems.

One problem - the music control panel above the door has the wrong time and all attempts to follow the instructions to correct the time has been in vain. The clock setting instructions indicate the procedure for changing the time, however, the forward and reverse buttons (that is suppose to change the hours and minutes) just does not work.

Any ideas?

We are happy to be a part of the Forest River family.
We have a sun seeker and had the same issue
Find the model number on the unit and instructions can be found on the web
Good luck
Steve
stervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #10

Clock

Hello AWC4562 and welcome to the forum. We got our 3011DS in late October and I set the clock week before last. It is a pain, but we think HopHed gave you a pretty good sequence to follow. We got a little upset first trying , but finally got it.
Sorry you got hit with some of the "off the wall replies"....seems a few just enjoy "picking".
Have you had an issue with your awning? Ours is wired backwards, if you can believe? In is OUT.....Out is IN....was supposed to be fixed by the dealer, but not so. Our speakers on the awning are shot...?? We had problems with the "sound card" on the TV..dealer replaced the TV. We have a tailgater that wouldn't work through the normal cable connector....they took the "splitters" out and now it work...but I can't hook up to on-site cable when we pull in.
Don't forget to check your ice maker.....ours was not plugged in by the factory...so the dealer took care of it.
We have had other issues but want bore you with that.
Just wanted to welcome you and hoping you get the clock set.
BeachFolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #11
Certified Curmudgeon

awc4562 please let us know if it works. I assume that I’m doing something wrong repeatedly. Very frustrating. Just have to laugh about it.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:58 AM   #12

WELCOME from GA. Good information here, a good place to be

2015 F250 6.7 DIESEL
2013 CHAPARRAL 280RLS
country ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:32 AM   #13

Welcome from NJ. Enjoy your new rig.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #14

Your instructions were very good - it works great now. I was also able to download a manual on the unit so I can figure out all those buttons on teh hand held controller. Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachFolks View Post
Hello AWC4562 and welcome to the forum. We got our 3011DS in late October and I set the clock week before last. It is a pain, but we think HopHed gave you a pretty good sequence to follow. We got a little upset first trying , but finally got it.
Sorry you got hit with some of the "off the wall replies"....seems a few just enjoy "picking".
Have you had an issue with your awning? Ours is wired backwards, if you can believe? In is OUT.....Out is IN....was supposed to be fixed by the dealer, but not so. Our speakers on the awning are shot...?? We had problems with the "sound card" on the TV..dealer replaced the TV. We have a tailgater that wouldn't work through the normal cable connector....they took the "splitters" out and now it work...but I can't hook up to on-site cable when we pull in.
Don't forget to check your ice maker.....ours was not plugged in by the factory...so the dealer took care of it.
We have had other issues but want bore you with that.
Just wanted to welcome you and hoping you get the clock set.
No issue with the awning - it worked as it was suppose to . I am still not sure if I can lower one side for better rain run off without a possible pooling affect. The ice maker was connected - I just had to raise the metal arm to start the ice maker working. I love having ice - we did not in the Coachman. Have you used your furnace? My wife said the air temperature coming out the duct is so hot it burns the skin on her ankle next to teh bed. It does seem hotter than a normal propane system. I need to do a little research on hot air temperature ranges and then check mine to see if something is off.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopHed View Post
The directions from the manual are as follows which it sounds like you have done:

ClockSetup
Press and hold the MODE DISPLAY button (5) for 2 seconds to enter to clock mode. Press and hold ALARM ON/OFF button (22) for 2 seconds and the clock displayed on the LCD will be flashing. Then, press the |<< button (15) to adjust the hour or press the >>|button (16) to adjust the minute. Continue adjusting the hour to move from AM to PM. Press the ENTER SEARCH button (20) to save the new time and exit the clock setting menu.
If the new time is not confirmed by pressing the ENTER SEARCH button, the unit will automatically exit the clock setting menu after 10 seconds of inactivity and the new time will be set.

You can always wait until just before midnight, turn off the battery disconnect which will turn off the power and reset clock to 12:00am when you turn the power back on and right on time.

Hope that helps.
Your instructions were very good - it works great now. I was also able to download a manual on the unit so I can figure out all those buttons on the hand held controller. Thanks for all the help.

Tags
forest river