Old 12-31-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
New Year new trips!

Happy 2016 all. Next week we're taking our 3051s on a 4-week trip. We'll spend nearly 3-weeks in Tuscon with 4 or 5 days to get there and back on either side of the trip. It's only 900 mi each way, but we're taking our time getting there from San Antonio. Driving only 200 or so miles a day. We're not in any hurry.

And, we've already booked a 4-week trip in May/June to Durango, CO one of our favorite long term spots.

Our big Fall trip is still under discussion at this point, but it's still early.

I'm sure there will be plenty of 2 to 3 day trips in the cooler months as well. Living in South Texas there is no camping from June through September. At least not for us.

We have spent approx 3-months each year on the road for the past 5-years. But this is our first full-year in our Forester that we bought at the end of June last year.

What have you got planned for trips in 2016? Let's hear about 'em.

2015 Forester 3051S
TOAD: 2016 Lincoln MKX
Creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:55 PM   #2
I use my camper to attend motorcycle Dual Sport (On & OFF Road) events up and down the east coast. First for 2016 is next week near Gainsville, Fl. for three days. Which others I attend depends on weather at the time, but I will probably repeat this year's travel to NY State for the month of August. Looks like a trip to Moab, Utah in September is a good bet. The combo of a powerful SUV and a 3000 Lb. camper is perfect.

Loaded to go

On the road

At the campground

Cozy Cabin

On The Trails

2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
We are heading out later next week to maybe Yosemite or Sequoia, depending on snow. Later this month we have our Quartzsite/ Carlsbad Caverns trip. We have a few more reservations for Yosemite between mid February and May. It's like our vacation home. Trip sometime this year to Virginia and North Carolina to visit family.
Happy New Year and safe travels!
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2015 Camping 3 trips 6 nights
2016 Camping 9 trips 28 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote