Old 01-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
As Wandering said, a glass shop can cut a piece and have it tempered. I had one cut and tempered to replace the glass in our last RV door. In fact, I had two cut, but never used the second one. It's still laying on the top of my desk hutch.
This Post came from a Trailer Person,he knew exactly what he was talking about,Box yourself in because its a MH area but at the end of the Day we are all still talking about the SAME windows! Some Clear some Not! Youroo!!

Old 01-11-2016, 06:47 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This Post came from a Trailer Person,he knew exactly what he was talking about,Box yourself in because its a MH area but at the end of the Day we are all still talking about the SAME windows! Some Clear some Not! Youroo!!
True, many of the things are a cross over to other FR products. The Forester MH Forum isn't as active as most of the others. Hope Bob will still look at Quartzsite for glass replacement.

Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This Post came from a Trailer Person,he knew exactly what he was talking about,Box yourself in because its a MH area but at the end of the Day we are all still talking about the SAME windows! Some Clear some Not!
Never meant any disrespect to TT owners - I was a TT Person for 15-years myself. It's just a tad surprising when Forester MH owners are engaged in a back and forth when other members suddenly show up in "our" thread. No problem in the least, just unexpected.

(And, no, it's not "our thread" I was just sayin')
Old 01-11-2016, 02:34 PM   #54

No disrespect to any FR owners out there. it's an open forum. The concern is that when the topic gets filled up with posts going off topic, then we end up with too many posts to read. We are at 50+ now on this one. Anyone finding the topic is not going to read all the posts from the start, so my original issue doesn't get addressed. I'm just trying to redirect us back on topic.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:50 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
No disrespect to any FR owners out there. it's an open forum. The concern is that when the topic gets filled up with posts going off topic, then we end up with too many posts to read. We are at 50+ now on this one. Anyone finding the topic is not going to read all the posts from the start, so my original issue doesn't get addressed. I'm just trying to redirect us back on topic.
Here's the deal. When you are driving your RV (as opposed to towing it) and you are in an accident where glass can shatter, it's especially important to have automotive safety glass. Case in point-- we had placed a mirror on our sliding door that fell off when we hit the brakes and shattered all over the area immediately behind our driving area. Thankfully we had no passengers and our dogs were out of the way.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:50 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
I totally understand,this post was about putting Clear glass in a Door! Then someone started talking about Valances And Curtains! I know how you feel! Youroo!!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:06 PM   #57

But hey, it's tied in. When you replace opaque glass with clear, there should be cover of some sort . . .
Old 01-11-2016, 07:21 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbertalotto View Post
My wife and I lease an apartment in NJ for business. The windows are double thermo pane with a Levalor type blind in between the two pieces of glass. This would be PERFECT for an RV. Nothing to blow around. Nothing to clean. no sweating.

Do any RVs offer such windows?
Don't we wish!?!
Old 01-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #59

I don't see any changes to the posts and it was down for less than an hour. Perhaps someone wrote something that was quickly picked up by the moderator and they pulled the topic to remove it?
I think the valance is appropriate to my topic as a clear window needs covering. Yes, I should have made the title "Next Mod Change entry door glass to clear and Valance/shade to cover it". My mistake.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #60

By all means, let us be politically correct

Tags
door, modifications