Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2018, 11:43 AM   #1

No more side camera..Finally

I have never liked the side camera system. First, whenever a turn signal was activated the main rear view display would not come back on for 12-14 seconds after the signal was deselected. Next, the display was worthless and the side mirrors were much more effective.

Now, when I put the turn signals on the display remains constant so I can see what’s happening close behind me. Simple fix. Find the control box under the driver side dash and cut the yellow and white wires plugged in to the box.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
Chief tinkerer

emm-dee, I don't know about the 3051, but on our 3010 this is also selectable in the camera menu by changing the source for the side camera ports to blank.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidyupgo View Post
emm-dee, I don't know about the 3051, but on our 3010 this is also selectable in the camera menu by changing the source for the side camera ports to blank.
Not selectable from the display.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
Chief tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Not selectable from the display.
thumbsup roger that

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I have never liked the side camera system. First, whenever a turn signal was activated the main rear view display would not come back on for 12-14 seconds after the signal was deselected. Next, the display was worthless and the side mirrors were much more effective.

Now, when I put the turn signals on the display remains constant so I can see what’s happening close behind me. Simple fix. Find the control box under the driver side dash and cut the yellow and white wires plugged in to the box.
I just put a simple toggle switch in line with one of the wires to make the cameras selectible. I hated mine at night but there are rare times I like them during the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Turn Signal Control Switch.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	192006  
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:57 PM   #6

"Simple fix. Find the control box under the driver side dash and cut the yellow and white wires plugged in to the box."

Good to know. At first I thought that was a great idea, but very soon, hated them for the same reasons given. I like to see out back, easier to know when to pull back into the right lane.
iolabob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester