Old 04-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #11
Occasional campers

They're all different

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Wierd. Mine's right where you moved yours to. There's no door on the right hand side. (The "new kid" must have installed yours!)
My observation is that there is ZERO configuration control on these rigs; models with the same number can be significantly different from each other.
We have at least one place where there is a construction staple driven right through a wire. I can see it with a scope; haven't yet taken things apart to correct it.
Since we have all adults, I removed the extra hinges and installed normal knobs and cabinet latches. It was stupid to have to unscrew hinges in order to get in to pump antifreeze for winterizing.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:52 PM   #12

At least you Guys got spare parts, what did you expect for 80K dollars

Old 04-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #13

I found cable ties (bag of them) and wire cutters in mine when we purchased the trailer new...
u win some u loose some - its a trade off.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:18 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Be happy, my slide control is firmly buried behind the slide it controls. I couldn't get to it if I wanted to.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 PM   #15

Here is a video of how to over ride the slide controller:

Old 04-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #16

Amateurs

On my vibe, the panel that hides the electrical converter/fuses/circuit breakers/etc. was full of sawdust. There's no telling how much debris was sucked into the converter by the cooling fan. Vacuumed up as much as I could get to, then noticed 2 spare screws lying next to the buss strip.
I love the way they install screws with a screw gun. It wouldn't be any fun to remove the screws if ALL of them weren't rammed in and stripped (NOT)!
...AMATEURS!...
Old 04-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #17

You guys are all wrong. The "droppings" and "found stuff", stripped screws, staples into metal framing, loose water connections, are not "extra's". There included in the purchase price, and are pretty much standard equipment.
I'm sure in the rv trainee employee classes, that must be at least 2 hours long, the trainees are taught to do this stuff, cause no "normal" worker would do it. Nor would any company that cares about quality, let it happen.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
You guys are all wrong. The "droppings" and "found stuff", stripped screws, staples into metal framing, loose water connections, are not "extra's". There included in the purchase price, and are pretty much standard equipment.
I'm sure in the rv trainee employee classes, that must be at least 2 hours long, the trainees are taught to do this stuff, cause no "normal" worker would do it. Nor would any company that cares about quality, let it happen.
Grumpy
"Cares about quality?" It's "out the door, can't see from my house." Bottom line is all they care about.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #19
HikerBob

Watched an episode of "How It's Made" or some such title a few months ago and the subject was travel trailers. The speed that those kids work at is incredible, so it's no wonder that there's stuff scattered throughout and apparently no instructions of lack of supervision as to where things are supposed to be mounted. It's all about the bottom line for Warren Buffett and his stockholders I guess. Quality will return to the manufacturing business when robots take over!
Old 04-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #20

So much for construction inspection and certification. So sad