Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #1

ok, I'll bite...where are all the fuses (awning doesn't work)?

2016 Forester 3011DS (front entertainment center). Anyone have a diagram of where the fuses are located? Or, can tell me where to look.

I'm just guessing that the problem might be a fuse but don't know where to look for them in any case.

While out this past week went to put the awning out and NOTHING. No noise, no movement, nada. Switch is down low by the entry door.

Any suggestions or comments appreciated.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:57 AM   #2

Look for a panel marked "Power Center" or "Power Management Center" or something similar. It might be in the area of the coach batteries. The coach batteries feed the coach thru this center, It contains all the fuses and breakers for the slides, awning, cold weather arctic pads under the tanks. Each slide, awning, ect has its own little breaker and/or fuse.
You may have a bad mini breaker or fuse. Additionally, the main breaker in the compartment has a reset button,
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #3

On our 2016 it is called the Battery Control Center and is located on the side wall in the entry step and has everything in it as Grumpy described. In addition, there are relays in there to prevent the awning and slides from operating when the ignition key is on, did you happen to try the awning when the key was on?
Old 08-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobagbob View Post
On our 2016 it is called the Battery Control Center and is located on the side wall in the entry step and has everything in it as Grumpy described. In addition, there are relays in there to prevent the awning and slides from operating when the ignition key is on, did you happen to try the awning when the key was on?
fobagbob, relay is what I ment, not a mini breaker. They are "mini relays", and a bit hard to find. I actually ordered a few extras from Amazon to carry as spares.
Grumpy

Old 08-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy0374 View Post
fobagbob, relay is what I ment, not a mini breaker. They are "mini relays", and a bit hard to find. I actually ordered a few extras from Amazon to carry as spares.
Grumpy
Good idea, I will get some spares. Are the relays plug-in and all the same, if one failed could you swap them to get the affected slide or awning to retract in an emergency?
Old 08-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #6

Can't check mine right now, but I believe mine are all the same. Only have relays for my 3 slides on our Lexi, and the artic pack tank heaters. Manual awning. Pretty sure there all the same rating. I carry spare relays and fuses for everything, both for my main breaker/fuse panel and the management center, which has both fuses and relays.
Grumpy

Old 08-27-2017, 04:20 PM   #7

i know it's a different creature but we have a forest river TT and i found a circuit board and fuses and relays behind one of the kitchen drawers mounted to the floor. remote stopped working and i could hear relay clicking so i tracked it down and had blown 30amp auto fuse. good luck
whitroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #8

Found a 15 amp inline fuse for the entertainment center in my Micro Lite 25BDS in behind the unit itself. I pulled it for another reason and couldn't figure out why they had a second fuse in the line, one hidden and one in the Converter panel. Not only redundant but a real PITA trying to deal with a unit that isn't operating and the only fuse you can see is OK.

Also noted a lot of fuses up under the "hitch" near the main power junction (at the battery switch). I'm guessing High Current items like power tongue jack, slide, and awning. I think I'll start searching for the fuses for those devices and make sure that's where they are ------- and do it on a nice, dry, day, instead of when I need to find them on a sloppy wet day

Oh yes, I'll also make sure I have a spare.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:12 PM   #9

I have 2016 3011DS and the fuses and circuit breakers are on the frame of bed on the back left if you are standing at the foot. Just push on the top and the door will open. Fuses and circuit breakers are all there. I do carry extra fuses.
johnshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnshoe View Post
I have 2016 3011DS and the fuses and circuit breakers are on the frame of bed on the back left if you are standing at the foot. Just push on the top and the door will open. Fuses and circuit breakers are all there. I do carry extra fuses.
That's the breaker/fuse box that gets its power from the shore power cord. Has nothing to do with the battery management center. Two separate boxes. The management center box gets its power via the batteries, and the relays in the box are for the heavy duty 12-volt accessories like the slides, awning, arctic pack.
If you check the breaker box, you will not find anything marked for slides, awning, arctic pack.
The 12-volt fuses there are primarily for lights, fans, ect.
Grumpy

Tags
awning, fuse