Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2019, 07:25 PM   #1

One Control App warning

If you have the LCI One Control app on your phone DO NOT install the latest update. It’s pretty to look at but doesn’t do anything the old app can do. The new one takes you through a lot of steps to activate, including sending your email to LCI and creating a semi-complex password. It was a lot easier the old way of entering a four number PIN.

It was obviously written by some college boy who never used the system while actually sitting in a campground.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:13 PM   #2

Good to know!
Old 08-15-2019, 05:22 AM   #3

The new version works fine for me. The user interface is a different but all the functions are available and by selecting each item you can add or remove them from the home page. Also you can turn off the need to enter the pin each time you open the app. Not perfect but completely functional.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
If you have the LCI One Control app on your phone DO NOT install the latest update. It’s pretty to look at but doesn’t do anything the old app can do. The new one takes you through a lot of steps to activate, including sending your email to LCI and creating a semi-complex password. It was a lot easier the old way of entering a four number PIN.

It was obviously written by some college boy who never used the system while actually sitting in a campground.

Curious...do you have an iPhone or Android? I wonder if that makes any difference.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshiflet View Post
Curious...do you have an iPhone or Android? I wonder if that makes any difference.
iPhones and iPads. I heard somewhere the update for Android hasn’t been pushed yet.

The problem I had was 1) when updating a second or third device you have to create an additional email and password and 2) if/when the phone has to be cold booted or if the battery runs down the password disappears. When entering the previously used password it will not accept it. Then, you have to disconnect from the LCI router to get to a working internet connection to fix the problem.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #6

One Control App warning

We have four devices using the new app. We had a little trouble at first but got all 4 to work using the same login. I like this app’s layout much better.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #7

I ACCIDENTALLY updated the app when I saw that I had 18 apps that needed updating - I forgot about the new one control..... so, right now I HATE it, but maybe they’ll tweak it again (for the better this time) or I’ll learn how to use it🤬🤬🤬🤬

I went from quickly hitting 4 numbers to login before to now putting in my email address and a PW that is almost 3 times longer and then I still have to scratch my head to find the item I want to turn on, open or whatever 🤬.

To be clear I’m tech stupid but what was wrong with the old app?
Old 08-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #8

Once set up, the new app doesn’t need a pin every time.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:59 PM   #9

I’ll take another shot at it tomorrow...��
Old 08-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #10
Site Team

I had some LCI issues at the rally and went to the LCI seminar. When I mentioned my problem, his first response was, "have you gotten the latest update?" I didn't know there was one and said such. Then we solved my issue without the update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #11

When you enter the SSID to get the app synced , MAKE certain that you actually type in the beginning part “MyRV_and then the number”. I must have tried it ten times or more without actually typing in the MyRV_ before the long number. It will work fine after this .
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:42 PM   #12

Bringing an old thread back to life. I don’t know if there was an app update or changing to iOS 13 on the new iPhone but the LCI app is back to the old system. Now we have to enter the four digit pin code to get started.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:26 PM   #13

Ya, I liked NOT putting in the code😬
BBogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #14

I think it was an app update and not necessarily the iOS 13. My spare iPhone 6 is still on IOS 11 so it’s still not sure. However, the -6 has a OneControl app with version 3.03. The iPhone 11 has version 3.1.1 so that’s probably the problem.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:05 AM   #15

From what I saw, after the update the new app, presented itself as if you needed to setup a new account, But you don't need to just cancel out and everything worked as before, with no pin. It was just the way the app presented the information that makes the Setup new account prominent. mine all worked just fine afterward, but I got fooled into it as well in the meantime, and I'm a System Admin.

2018 Forester 3011DS
2011 Rockwood 8285WS (The Mobile Cabin) traded
2004 F350 SuperCab 6.0TD DRW (Mr. Duals) sold
kijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #16

the android app has problems:

first you connect WiFi or cell, than as you go through the steps it connects to your camper WiFi, THAN it starts asking questions about your camper but fails. It fails because you are now connected to the camper WiFi (which is not on internet).

Once you have setup One Control, every time you jump into camper your phone auto switches over to the camper WiFi (which does not have internet access) and any data connections you have setup on your phone stops to work (including email, maps, waze, browsing, etc.)

Once you remember this you can turn off data, but you might have missed emergency email. You should not have to do this every time you jump in the camper .

I think the right answer would have been Bluetooth but than if your Bluetooth to MH stereo you would need to switch connections to One Control.
I read they have the Bluetooth option but mine is only a 2019 so I am expecting too much (I don't even have the ability to dim lights, but that options must be reserved for the more expensive rigs while FR uses up all the old modules they bought on the lower priced units).

I called LCI about replacing that module and was told "well we don't really offer this stuff for public sale, its all for the manufactures"

Like most things RV, this was never thought out.

So I installed it on a hacked Amazon Fire and just stuffed that into the cabinet over door.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
the android app has problems:

first you connect WiFi or cell, than as you go through the steps it connects to your camper WiFi, THAN it starts asking questions about your camper but fails. It fails because you are now connected to the camper WiFi (which is not on internet).

Once you have setup One Control, every time you jump into camper your phone auto switches over to the camper WiFi (which does not have internet access) and any data connections you have setup on your phone stops to work (including email, maps, waze, browsing, etc.)

Once you remember you can turn off data you might have missed emergency email. You should not have to do this every time you jump in the camper .

Like most things RV, this was never thought out.

So I installed it on a hacked Amazon Fire and just stuffed that into the cabinet over door.
Not sure how the Android phone does it (they are way too complex for me) but on the iPhone and iPad you just deselect “auto-join” for any network you don’t want all the time. Doesn’t affect any passwords, etc., and you can always manually join up.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #18

where is this "auto join"? When I first put did the update that gave me the new "look" I had to put the pin in, and then all of a sudden I DIDN'T have to put the pin in, and now we have to again??
Old 10-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBogey View Post
where is this "auto join"? When I first put did the update that gave me the new "look" I had to put the pin in, and then all of a sudden I DIDN'T have to put the pin in, and now we have to again??
On an iPhone select “settings”, then “Wi-Fi”. That will bring up a list of all the WiFi networks the phone can see. If in range you should see the LCI router...the name will begin with MyRV_ and followed by a bunch of numbers. Touch the little “I” in the circle and the next screen will allow you to deselect AutoJoin.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:41 PM   #20

OK, since I'm still one handed from shoulder surgery,m I FINALLY got out there today to try this.

My settings already showed "auto join", I switched it off and on and off again, but no matter what I do, I have to punch my password in before accessing the options???

Tags
forester