Quick update on some things I have been doing with our new 3011DS prior to making our first trip and since the original walk through.
(2016 3011DS Walkthrough
Since we have been getting some nice days on the weekends, I have been taking the RV out of storage, parking it in front of the house, and have been doing some homework.
Front End – The driver’s side front end is making all kinds of noises when I make a turn, will need to have this checked out.
Alignment – Confirmed with local shop that specializes in truck alignments. They recommended putting a couple of thousand miles on the unit before having it aligned. FR also confirmed that they will pick up $250 towards the cost when I have it done.
Ice Maker – Thanks to the forum here, I determined why it was not working during walk through. Seems the tech (and I) were unaware of the shutoff behind the draw at the bottom of the frig. However, I also determined that the water line runs to the outside of the RV through the frig panel access. Is that a potential freezing problem?
Freezer – Doors are out of alignment and contact each other when closing, needs to be fixed. PS. That plastic wrap on the doors was a pain in the butt to get off! I should have had the RV place do that for me.
Levelers – Seem to work ok although when using them at my house but it seems to lift the RV much higher than you would think should be necessary to account for road crown on relatively flat surface. I.e. front wheel off the ground. Also after it is down, there is a noticeable back to front slope. I’m thinking there might be a process to re-calibrate the system but the manual does mention it. Looks like I will have to do some searching.
House Batteries – I re-cabled the battery compartment to at least allow the battery water caps to be removed without the need for a socket wrench. Ideally many of the cable lengths should be adjusted to allow easy removal of the batteries and minimal wear and tear on the wires. To/From Labeling would also be useful. Project for a different day.
Stove – I can’t imagine how the driver went 800 miles from the FR factory to the RV dealer unless he was wearing ear plugs. The metal on metal banging that I tolerated for only a 100 Miles of driving was really starting to get to me. All it took was a few rubber pieces stuck to the metal contact points between the range top and chassis. Seems fixed for now.
LED Tail lights – I’m sure there are probably some comments about this elsewhere but I could not easily find any. While this issue started with just the backup light in one taillight, it now appears to be affecting all sections of both taillights. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with water leakage but each taillight looks like it sealed between the wall and light with clear silicone. Or, is it a condensation problem? I.e. sealing the taillight with silicone does not let water vapor out? Thoughts? Maybe this will be a new thread with PICS. Either way, while the lights may work now, this surely will be probably be an issue sooner or later.
Jensen Dash Radio – Voice Guidance is working, but even after setting both voice and master levels to 100% the voice volume is insufficient to hear the directions over the road noise of driving, that is, unless you have the radio volume way up.
Cabin TV – Installed Chromecast receiver into the HDMI #2 input above Jensen cabin radio. I had to run the USB cable from the HDMI input back through the Radio enclosure and out through the coax/outlets in the other section. Removed the plate for the coax which is only screwed into the thin wood board separating the 2 sections. The one screw already pulled through as this type of surface is not really meant to be used with screws unless there is a backing plate. Also, not sure how the holes are made in this material to mount the various type of plates, but it looks more like a hammer was used rather than a saw.