Old 08-04-2015, 01:14 AM   #21

VWexpert

Jim which interior did you order? The DW vacillated back and forth and finally picked the Taupe with cherry cabinets. I liked the Sahara. She won this round. She said the lighter ultra leather will get too dirty with the dog and me.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:36 AM   #22

Jim,
Did you get the side cameras? Worth it!
Marc

Old 08-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #23

Sagecoachdriver...I wanted Taupe but the wife wanted Sahara. We did agree on Cherry cabinets.
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #24

Unhappy

Marc...yes I did get the side cameras. I also got the outside tv...wife won that battle to.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #25

My 3011 comes with a portable table in the floor at the right rear storage compartment. Does any other models have this option?
Old 08-12-2015, 06:20 PM   #26
RETIRED

2650s has the table and a small cover over a recessed area at rear hatch

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:25 PM   #27

2016 3171DS came with portable table, grill and Dyson.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #28

Close to pulling the trigger on a 3051 - few questions for the forum. We understand it comes down to preference and use, looking for your personal opinions. For us: mostly dry camping, just two of us (no kids), live in California, plan to use for day-trips, weekend trips, 2-3 longer trips per year (1-2 weeks):

(1) Dealer advised us to include the outside tv because it will help with resale / trade-in value (this likely won't be our last RV). We don't THINK we'll use it, but never had one so we just don't know. Thoughts?

(2) Bunk / TV Console Option - dealer also advised that the bunk would be a better choice than the entertainment center over the cab for the same reason (trade-in / resale). Curious to hear opinions based on the direction you went.

(3) Double Refrigerator - just two of us - day trips, weekend trips as well as 2-3 longer trips per year (1-2 weeks). Is the single refrigerator too small? Those that went single, did you find yourself wishing you had more space?

(4) 3051s owners. The single slide - when dry camping, do you find that the single slide presents any challenges with leveling the coach? Particularly if you are on an uneven surface (slide-side is lower than non-slide side)?

The sales person we spoke with was adamant that we should take most of the options so that the coach has a higher re-sell / trade-in value w/ very little downside as the payment impact is relatively minor on a 20-year loan. Now I realize the obvious here - sales wants to maximize the price - but do you feel there is validity to the concept? Again, the idea is when it comes to Trade-in the RV, we'll maximize the value because the coach is more "desirable".

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-16-2015, 03:04 PM   #29

We are also a couple with no kids, two legged anyway, to consider in our RV purchasing. Because we didn't want a family "sleeps 6-8" unit we ordered ours. Our 2400W is maximized for us, not the next owner.

Hopefully you are going to enjoy your RV for a few years so get it the way you want it. Come trade in or resale very few options make any real difference in value. Also since most dealers order their stock unit heavily optioned, more margin in the deal, the sales person will often push selling whats on hand rather than what you can order.

To me outside TV's are just a theft / vandalism issue waiting to happen. They are also generally ridiculously expensive options for what you get. If you really need a a TV outside you can move one.

Bunk or TV console? We ordered our 2400W to get the entertainment center instead of a bunk. We don't need the bunk and wanted the extra storage and larger TV. If no one, besides us, wanted rid of the overhead bunks it wouldn't be an option!

Double refrigerator? Only you can decide if you need it... In my experience we never have needed one.

Any sales person selling a monthly payment difference needs to be watched very carefully. You are being encouraged to purchase things you may not need that will directly benefit the sales persons commission. While I do not consider sales people the "enemy" I count very few of them as "friends" looking out for me!

If you want to maximize your trade in value take good care of your coach and maintain it well. Keep your service records so you can show it has been maintained properly. That will help the trade in, or private sale value, much more than any added options. So buy what you want, not what the sales person needs to sell.

RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:22 PM   #30

When I was looking I never looked at a stripped model and I think the more options now the better deal you will get on the options most people do enjoy the options and if you are like me you will ready to trade or sell in a few years leveling jacks are a must good luck