Old 08-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #31
jenericwine, we purchased the 3051 two years ago and love it, but my comments to your questions my not be of much value since our situation is so different. I assume from your comments that you are special ordering your unit. We bought what was available on the lot, but I don't think I would have changed any of my options if I had special ordered. The outside TV: We do use it but primarily only for football Saturdays and maybe the evening news. It won't end up paying for itself based on our limited use. We also financed ours over 20 years also, so an outside TV makes $4 a month difference in payment. The Bunk: We have the bunk. It is a real plus for our grandkids and any adults who would spend the night with us. The booth and the jackknife couch are not great for overnight adult visitors. The bunk gives you great additional storage too, and it is handy storage (always within an arms reach). The entertainment center gives you less storage than the bunk, but it is neater (behind doors). Double Refrigerator: It was one of the things that sold my wife on the 3051s. She loves the icemaker and additional storage, because she cooks ahead, freezes and prepares while we are camping. Based on your situation I think the single will be fine and meet your needs if you can order it that way. I haven't seen a 3051s with a single. The Slide: I don't think it makes any difference in leveling. The auto levelers adjust for the difference in campsite. Has not been an issue.
Good luck with your purchase. We have put 24k miles on ours in 1.5 years and have had no regrets with the unit we chose.

Rocket City Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #32
Originally Posted by jenericwine View Post

(1) Dealer advised us to include the outside tv because it will help with resale / trade-in value (this likely won't be our last RV). We don't THINK we'll use it, but never had one so we just don't know. Thoughts?

(2) Bunk / TV Console Option - dealer also advised that the bunk would be a better choice than the entertainment center over the cab for the same reason (trade-in / resale). Curious to hear opinions based on the direction you

Thanks for your help!
Outside TV doesn't get much use for us at campgrounds, but does at home while sitting out at the firepit watching the games. Also will be nice for tailgating.

I have a 3170DS and went with the best of both worlds on the bunk. Went with center TV with the double twin option. Works great when the beds are needed but doubles as storage when not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1439864422744.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	85998  

Snyder Family - Pelham, NH
2015 Sunseeker 3170DS
jaibyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:52 PM   #33
First off, thank you to those that took the time to respond. It is much appreciated.

We're still a bit undecided, but getting very close. Will report back when the decisions are in.

If anyone else has feedback / opinions, we'd love to hear from you!
jenericwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #34
20 years is a long time to finance an RV. You will be upside down in that loan for many years. If you trade in less than 7-10 years you will lose money. Shop around for financing if the monthly payment is the driving force. The dealer is going to make money if you finance there and if he has a better rate it can be beat somewhere. One good option is usually a credit union and many have easy rules for becoming a member.
Travel safe
2001 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC Dually, 7.3 Diesel
2013 832IKBS Flagstaff Classic Ultra Lite, Hensley Arrow Hitch, Carlisle tires
2016 days camped....211, it ain't over yet!
On the road to ALASKA May 6, home Sept. 13, 2016. 23 states, 3 Canadian Provinces, up to the Arctic Circle, 17,300 miles, 131 days on the road. 1 flat tire, 4 oil changes. What a beautiful trip!
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #35
Let's face it. Most people buying a new RV are upside down in their loan for many years. There are some good and valid reasons to finance for 20 years. I have no regrets for doing so. I view my RV purchase much like my home mortgage. Why would I pay it off if I am going to trade in for something else in a few years? The dealer will just work some magic and roll the upside down amount into the trade and make some money off the transaction. So be it.

Rocket City Gary is offline   Reply With Quote