Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #1

Options...good, bad, or ugly?

Just wondering what factory options members have on their coaches, how you like them, and do you recommend them. I ordered most options. I was torn between having a power drivers seat or have it able to turn around. We did remove window over rear bed and changed all vents to fantastic vents with fans. I also ordered the cab over safety net and exterior grill.
Jim
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:37 PM   #2
Citrus County, Fl.

We had the same grill that is offered on our Flagstaff. It works ok but is pretty cheaply made. This time I decided to buy a Weber Q1200 and will be getting the propane adapter that goes before the regulator on the MH. It comes with a 12' hose to hook up to the grill and a shorter hose that allows you to hook up a smaller tank to supplement the RV if so needed. Also you can still use the screw on bottles if you need to use the grill some place else...........................The swivel seats come in handy, especially when two of our three shelties decide to take up residence on the couch...............The outside TV is nice but for the $$$ it costs I think you should be able to watch a DVD on it and use the auxilery outside speakers that only seem to work with cab Jensen radio.........The four door fridge definitely outweighs losing the pantry and it is not made in China like I think the 6 cu ft one is.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwexpert View Post
Just wondering what factory options members have on their coaches, how you like them, and do you recommend them. I ordered most options. I was torn between having a power drivers seat or have it able to turn around. We did remove window over rear bed and changed all vents to fantastic vents with fans. I also ordered the cab over safety net and exterior grill.
Jim
Were you able to order the Fantastic fans installed in all vents from the factory, or do you have to install later? We want to order one in the living room and also one in the bathroom.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:26 PM   #4

The fantastic fans are being installed by the factory. The original vents are cheap and the fan in the bathroom is a joke. They should make fantastic vents standard.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:50 PM   #5
Site Team

The FR optional Fantastic Fan installed in our MBS is a base model fan. For the $210 MSRP of this option you could spend a bit more and get a very nice Model 7350, with all the bells and whistles, installed by your dealer. Fortunately you can purchase a 7350 Fan upgrade kit to replace the base fan without messing with resealing the roof.

When you add the cost of the upgrade kit to the optional FR price it would most likely be cheaper to have the dealer install the 7350 to start with...
Old 08-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #6

The Fantastic fan that I saw in the 2016 3010 that I test drove had the really nice 7350 with the remote control on the wall.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
The FR optional Fantastic Fan installed in our MBS is a base model fan. For the $210 MSRP of this option you could spend a bit more and get a very nice Model 7350, with all the bells and whistles, installed by your dealer. Fortunately you can purchase a 7350 Fan upgrade kit to replace the base fan without messing with resealing the roof.

When you add the cost of the upgrade kit to the optional FR price it would most likely be cheaper to have the dealer install the 7350 to start with...
I think that you could specify the Model 7350, when placing a factory order. Maybe Joshua could verify that. ??
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 08-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #8
Class C Representative

I don't have the model number off hand but the Fantastic fan we put in the Forester does have a remote Control mounted on the wall. When I get back to my computer I will check on the model number and edit this post.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:24 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
I don't have the model number off hand but the Fantastic fan we put in the Forester does have a remote Control mounted on the wall. When I get back to my computer I will check on the model number and edit this post.
That isn't what is in our Sunseeker... I'll double check when we retry the PDI. But I'm sure there was no Remote Control mounted on the wall...or the Charging Center cargo net for that matter!
Old 08-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #10
Class C Representative

The optioned Sunseeker fan is not the same as the Forester. You're missing a net!?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
The optioned Sunseeker fan is not the same as the Forester.
Really? For the $210 price of the option I expected more than the base Fantastic Fan.

Quote:
You're missing a net!?
Yes, the one that is supposed to be on the pantry wall near the Charging Stations wasn't installed...

So far that and a mangled seat belt in the dinette area are the only two PDI issues that are factory related. I suspect the rear bumper paint was beat up during transport. That is my list until the coach comes back from the local M-B dealership due to the Check Engine Light.

Who should I contact at FR about getting a couple more shelves for the pantry?

Thanks,
Old 08-03-2015, 05:09 PM   #12

Quote:
The optioned Sunseeker fan is not the same as the Forester. You're missing a net!?
Joshua,
What model is put in the Forester as the option. I put one in I thought was the factory and it is not the remote one. I might upgrade to the remore if I can run more than one fan with remote. Not the same remote! Also, is the vent in the 3051 bedroom wired to put a fantastic fan? The plexiglass broke so I need to replace it. A fan would be so much better!
Thanks,
Marc
West Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Jim

Hi Jim,
I also optioned most things too. The grill outside is not the best but at least it is plumbed. I do not think it is plumbed without the option. I took the outside TV off. Expensive and did not think I would use it much. Also, I think the heat in AZ wouldn't be good for it. I have 2 inside but we actually do not watch much when on the road. Fantastic fans are a must. I have the 3051 and did the turn chairs. I would not if I had to do it again. Too low to the ground in my opinion. Navigation is not like in my car. I actually bought a Garmin and sit it in the cup holder!
Old 08-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #14

Before taking delivery of our Forrester 2251SLE we had a standard vent without a fan replaced with a plain ol Fantastic Fan. Just a manual crank with a 3 speed switch. Simple.

No thermostat!

On previous RV we found that the FF with thermostat didn't work when air temps were below about 50 degrees. Useless when someone "burns the bacon" and ya can't rapidly ventilate the RV. Standard FF was on sale at Camping world for less than $95. Of course it cost $110 to have it installed.
2016 Forester 2251SLE
"Pete" the Toad
Run-Forest-Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #15

Quote:
What about the Sunseeker? We are going to order a 3050s and want a 7350 Fantastic Fan in the living room (with the remote) and a model 2250 in the bathroom (without the rain sensor and remote) Can we get these installed at the factory?
Thanks
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
Old 08-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #16
Class C Representative

• Wayne the number to contact is 574-206-7600; that's for parts and warranty.
  • We use the 1200 in the Sunseeker and what used to be the 6300 looks to be replaced by the 7350 for Forester.
  • All of the vents in the coach are pre-wired for fans. There are a few threads on here of people doing the swap. The Maxx Air Fan is also an aftermarket option that comes standard with a rain sensor for the vent.
  • Jim, we are not doing a ton of special orders right now to keep the flow of production going. I'm not saying it can't be done but at this present time it is highly unlikely. If you PM me your info I can certainly check on it for you.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #17

West Cactus ...I wasn't going to order turn around seats but with the 3011 floor plan there is room to turn the passenger seat around and visit with the grandkids sitting on the sofa. It also opens up 2 seating areas when camped. I also wanted the overhead entertainment center but again the wife vetoed that. She wanted more sleeping room for the grandkids and storage for all their crap.
Jim
Old 08-03-2015, 10:49 PM   #18

JimOneil43...looks like you should look into upgrading to a Forester.
http://demartinirv.com/vehicles/detail/614
This one shows the nice Fantastic fan - with remote
Jim
Old 08-03-2015, 11:32 PM   #19

Quote:
West Cactus ...I wasn't going to order turn around seats but with the 3011 floor plan there is room to turn the passenger seat around and visit with the grandkids sitting on the sofa. It also opens up 2 seating areas when camped. I also wanted the overhead entertainment center but again the wife vetoed that. She wanted more sleeping room for the grandkids and storage for all their crap.
Jim
Jim,
Good choice on the sleeping room. My kids do not like the sofa or dining bed.
Marc
Old 08-04-2015, 12:09 AM   #20

We ordered our Forester with the Preferred package, Ultra leather seats, Fantastic fan in the bedroom, side view cameras, woodgrain dash and automatic levelers.
We saw a fully loaded Forester at the dealers and decided we didn't need the Full body paint for $5,500 and the outside TV which would never be used along with the one in the bedroom. We don't go camping to watch TV. I think the swivel seats would have been nice, but the DW wants to cover up the cab area like she does with our current Winnebago. They would be a waste for the very few times we'd use them. I did think about the 15,000 BTU AC/Heat pump option, but we had such great success with the 13,500 in our Winnebago and have never used the heat pump . We seldom stay where they have full hookups anyway. Mostly National and State parks dry camping. The other option I was considering was the Arctic Package which are heat pads on the tanks. I have them on my Winnebago and have used them a few time up in Yosemite when the nights drop to below freezing and the highs get to 40. Dry camping, they drain about 10 amps per hour, so you can't keep them on overnight or the batteries will be way, way down in the morning. Besides, the tanks are supposed to be enclosed and heated when you use the furnace.
Hope my Forester comes soon!
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote