Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #1

Ordered a 08 Forester 3121DS

Hi there

We ordered a 08 Forester 3121DS last week from RV direct and are very excited. We looked at every class c on the market at least twice and just totally fell in love with the 3121. Any other class c owners with imput on issues we might have with this unit. Sold our Winnebago that had to go back to the dealer for work after every trip...hope this one will be better.

Lee & Kathy Clymer
08 Forester 3121DS (soon to be delivered)
07 Mini Cooper S toad
& Tweeter 8lb Maltese
clymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 PM   #2

Forester

We just traded our 07 Forester for a 08 Georgetown. Didn't have any problems in the 5700 miles we used it. We also found Forest River products to be well built (trim and finish) as compared to other brands at the same price level. Our Forester was a 3101 model with a single slide. It was loaded ; inverter; Auto Sat; gelcoat finish; etc. It handled well even in windy conditions.(I did add Timbren springs as we towed a 12x14 trailer with a Harley Trike inside) This kept the rear end stable and took some of the load off the springs and shocks.
The only thing about a Class C regardless of brand is the Cargo carrying capacity. More slides equals more weight and the E450 Chassis is rated at 14500 max. That was the reason for going to the class A Georgetown. We got the model with one slide; this gives us over 3000 pounds CCC. The only way to beat this is with a diesel pusher at almost twice the money. Good Luck with your purchase; you got the best bang for the buck.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:03 AM   #3

You said the same thing that we have heard from several people about the CCC. With the new 08 Ford Chassis the CCC increase by about 500lbs which we think should be fine for us. We don't dry camp ever so we only travel with empty grey and black tanks and just enough fresh water to flush the potty a couple of times. This gives us plenty of CCC for our other "stuff". So glad to hear you had no issues other than the CCC..I think that is one we can deal with. We looked at the Georgetown units as well and they are sweet but I don't feel comfortable driving the class A...wish I could because they are the best.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by clymer View Post
Hi there

We ordered a 08 Forester 3121DS last week from RV direct and are very excited. We looked at every class c on the market at least twice and just totally fell in love with the 3121. Any other class c owners with imput on issues we might have with this unit. Sold our Winnebago that had to go back to the dealer for work after every trip...hope this one will be better.

Lee & Kathy Clymer
08 Forester 3121DS (soon to be delivered)
07 Mini Cooper S toad
& Tweeter 8lb Maltese
Congrats on your new Forester. I have a 2007 Forester 3161S and have not had one single problem with it. I also bought it from RV Direct last year and was very pleased with their service and price!!

My only problem was learning how to use the King Dome satellite with my Dish Network receiver. It took a while but when I finally got it up and running, I loved it, and it works great!

Good luck!!

Dan
ishoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:20 PM   #5

Love it!

Congratulations! We bought our 2941DS in October 2007 and I can't wait to get it back out on the road. It's still new to us since we've really only used it twice so far. Still have to learn about that King Dome thing, but I have no doubt that my hubby will figure it out (Hey Dan - please tell me it's easy!).

Sue
Old 04-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #6

Tell me more about the King Dome....we did not order it because most of the RV parks have cable tv. We did order all the other goodies because to be quite honest the money we saved at RV direct allowed us to load up on the "add ons" that other dealers charge you a fortune for. What are the advantages of the King Dome over RV park cable?

Thanks
Lee & Kathy Clymer
2008 Forester (soon to be delivered)
2007 Mini Cooper toad
& Tweeter
Old 04-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #7

Clymer;

For me, because I have satellite (Dish Network) at home, I can get all my satellite stations wherever I am free as long as I have a view of the southern sky. I simply take my home satellite box with me hook it up to the Kingdome and it seaches, finds and locks on to the satellite somewhat automatically.

If your only camping at campgrounds that have cable, I see no benefit to having a kingdome.

Dan
Old 04-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #8

"Still have to learn about that King Dome thing, but I have no doubt that my hubby will figure it out (Hey Dan - please tell me it's easy!)."

Hi Sue;

I cannot tell a lie...It was a royal pain the butt the first time I tried to get it going. Once I figured it out, all was great. It takes time to figure it out, but the end result proved to be time well spent.

Good luck and tell hubby to be patient!!

Dan
Old 05-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #9

I too just ordered a Sunseeker 2940 ds. From RV direct. Clymer, how long did it take to build/ deliver it? They told me 4-5 weeks --- we are excited ! Thanks for your reply.
rhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #10

We are picking up tomorrow in Albany New York....we ordered it April 1st so about 5 weeks. I will let you know how the delivery turns out. I can only say good things so far. It is certainly different than buying from a dealer...we have NEVER paid for something this expensive in full before delivery but the savings was huge so I think worth it. I'll keep you posted.

Lee & Kathy
2009 Forester 3121DS
2007 Mini Cooper S toad
Tweeter 8lb Maltese
Dixie Belle 50lb Border Collie
Old 05-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #11

New Forester is home

So our new 2009 Forester is in the driveway. The delivery at RVdirect was fine...took about 2 to 3 hours and only found a couple of items that needed attention. Nothing major with the motorhome just little details mainly with the cleaning etc. We stopped in the Catskills for a overnight and had fun playing with our new toy. We are VERY pleased with the quality of the rv and more than pleased with the new 2008 Ford 450 Chassis. What a difference in ride and handling. So far no major complaints...raining hard today so we will see if it leaks. hehehe
Tweeter 9lb Maltese
Dixie Border Collie
Old 05-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #12
Cyber Phrenologist

You got it 5 weeks?!?!? Wow!

Yesterday we ordered a Rockwood 5th wheel at RVW. Guy said 10 weeks. Rumors on various forums say more like 6 - 8.

We're really chompin' at the bit because it's our first camper and we've been planing this, literally, for about 10 years. Like you we plan to enjoy our new toy on the 'long way home'

Neat toy.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #13

We were surprised it came in so fast as well. Sort of thought maybe it was because some manufacturers are reporting low sales and maybe they are slow at the factory....not true according to RVdirect. They said the economy and gas prices are not really effecting the sales at all....hard to believe. This is our 4th RV but we were still as excited as kids on Christmas! Very pleased with this Forest River product.
Tweeter 9lb Maltese
Dixie Border Collie
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #14

Sunseeker / Forester are the best units Forest River produces at this time for quality issues.
Up the river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #15

I picked up our 08 Forester 3121DS on 15 Apr 08 and enjoy it very much. camping every other weekend since.
Have had only minor issues.. light switch for the entertainment center had to be replaced, small leak around the base of the shower needed to be resealed, and toilet water line froze up..was only 28deg. the only other issue is the bedroom speakers only work with the in dash stereo.
wally5461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #16

i have a 2008 3121DS . the only issue i have after 12,000miles is the step wont retract. the brain box went bad. other wise am having lots of fun
wally5461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester