Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #1

Outside TV audio with Magnedyne Stereo/Speakers

Today, I tried my 32" Jensen outside TV with the audio playing to the outside Magnedyne Stereo and speakers. Using a signal from the roof antenna the TV speakers were turned off (in menu settings) and I tried to get good volume over the two outside stereo speakers. But with the volume set to it's fullest limit of 48 the sound was not very loud. If you tuned the stereo to an FM station the same volume setting will blow you away!!

You can turn the TV speakers back on and power all four speakers but that is not ideal either.

Still trying to determine if something is not setup correctly. I checked the component cables going into the Madnedyne outside Stereo and they were correct.
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #2

Is it the outdoor entertainment center antenna hookup that you are plugging your TV into?

RVFamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:22 AM   #3

Yes, I am using the roof winegard antenna to feed a signal to the outside entertainment center 32" Jensen TV. Then on my Magnedyne AM/FM/DVD player I set the mode to AVIN R. This is the rear audio left & right component cables coming from the TV's audio out left & right. I checked the component audio cables and they are correct. But, the volume to the two outside speakers is very low even at 48 which is the highest setting on the Magnedyne. You can turn off the TV speakers in it's menu but this makes no difference. I am beginning to think there is an ohms problem with the TV audio output and the speaker ohms.

If you just play the Magnedyne with an FM station the volume can almost BLOW the speakers.

2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
Commercial Member

You need to make sure the TV speakers are OFF and that the audio is set to "fixed" not variable.

The same thing applies to the inside TV (as posted in the video on our Facebook page).

On fixed...it sends a fixed signal to the radio which is then amplified. If it is variable, when you turn the TV down, the signal output to the radio also goes down so you would have to crank up the radio to get a decent signal.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #5

The inside TV in the bunk area, dash unit and speakers work fine with plenty of volume. I need to check the settings on the outside TV, they maybe set incorrectly for the amp. I will look at your video again on settings.

thank you,
Tim
Fort Myers, FL
Old 09-12-2014, 09:42 AM   #6

I know this post is old, but I am having exact same problem with my JVC outside TV and Magnedyne stereo DVD player . I have checked every cable and tv setting and do not get suitable volume when playing through the radio. Tnis is on a 2014 3051SF Forester so I guessing factory never solved the issue ? Any new info on this problem ?
dmnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
Commercial Member

I didn't really read that first post correctly. The dash Magnadyne feeds the inside TV, not the outside TV.

The outside TV was to be fed from the outside DVD player...unless I'm missing something here.

I need a better description or pictures if what you're trying to do.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #8

OK, I have a Jensen in dash radio/DVD player that feeds inside TV. No problems there.
My problem deals strictly with outside TV which is a 32" Jensen with Magnadyne stereo DVD player underneath. TV audio works on TV . DVD player and radio audio works fine. Problem is : Cannot get suitable audio when audio out from TV is plugged into rear audio of DVD player/radio (and I have changed cables). Tried turning off TV audio and changed DVD unit to Rear Audio,. No sound ... Turn tv speakers back on and turn tv speaker volume all the way up and Magnadyne unit voulme ALL the way up. Then I get a very very low volume from DVD player. I tried same scenario using the front audio input on radio. Same results. Like someone from older post said, sounds like an ohm problem? (Magnadyne model # is M3500DVD)
Old 09-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
Commercial Member

So you are trying to play "Over the Air Channels" on the outside speakers instead of the TV speakers?

Or are you trying to play DVD's?

Old 09-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #10

Yes. Over the air channels . Sorry I did not make that clear.
DVD's audio plays through the radio speakers as it should, with plenty of volume. Very simply there is an audio output on the TV and audio input on the DVD/Radio unit but when they are connected you don't get the TV audio through the radio. It would not be an issue except audio quality on tv is not the best. Would really sound better if played through radio speakers. But, that may just be how it is. If so I will have to accept that. But this should not be any different than running audio from any tv through an external amp. And thanks for answering so quick.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Correct. The Jensen stuff inside works fine that way. I'll have to look at the outside TV set up next week at our wholesale show. I can play around with it then. I had asked about that a while back (if it was even possible) and they said it was not set up that way.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #12

Thank you . I appreciate your help.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #13

My #3051 TV Audio Settings

When using the outside 32" HDTV I use the speakers from the radio for audio.
1. My radio mode input is set to AVIN R. Highest volume is 48 when dial is turned to maximum.
2. My TV Menu under AUDIO is set to TV Speaker OFF.
3. My TV Menu under SETUP your AUDIO OUTPUT should be Fixed

This works best for me, but if you play the outdoor radio it will blast at a volume setting of 48.

After my first summer in the RV I decided to install a speaker selector box and wiring. This allows me to control my dash radio and send it's audio signal to my outside speakers. Why? because now I can listen to Sirius XM radio outside.

2013 Forester #3051SF
2009 Toyoda Tacoma (toad)
2010 Newmar Dutchstar (Sold)
2011 Fleetwood Bounder (Sold)
Old 09-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #14

Thanks trwmodela for the input. My problem is I've set it up exactly the way you describe but I get nothing from the radio speakers. I will have to go through all the set up again and see if I missed something. And I like your idea for XNM on the outside. Thanks again.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #15

Turn the volume knob on the outside radio all the way up to 48.

2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 09-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #16

Ok. I have done that and as long as tv speakers are on I get a "little" better sound than I do just from the tv. If tv speakers are off and volume up to 48 I can't even hear sound. Seems to me that for whatever reason that's the best it's gonna be. Will have to live with it I guess. Thanks again
2014 Forest River 3051S Class C
2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Old 09-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #17

Make sure (TV Menu) under SETUP your AUDIO OUTPUT should be Fixed not Variable. (TV Menu) under Audio AVC to Off.

2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 09-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #18

Ahhh. I bet that's it ! I've been changing AVC to off but did not see where you could change audio output to fixed. Just looked in tv manual ( should have looked there first) and found where that was hiding I will try that this evening and post results.
2014 Forest River 3051S Class C
2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Old 09-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #19

TV Menu go to Setup icon, then down to AUDIO OUT, change to Fixed.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forest River Forums mobile app

2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 09-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #20

Also setup this way if you are using the sound system inside your RV, instead of the TV speakers. Remember to turn the TV speaker to OFF.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forest River Forums mobile app

2013 Forester #3051SF