Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #1

Passenger side window, how to unlock child lock

We have a 2017 Forester 2401W. The passenger side window can only be operated from the driver's side controls. I'm pretty sure this is some sort of a child protection lock but my husband I cannot figure out how to unlock it. There are no obvious buttons, we called the service department they don't know either. We checked the manual and the manual is basically for a sprinter van not a motor coach so that was no help either. Any ideas?
RnRSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnRSharp View Post
We have a 2017 Forester 2401W. The passenger side window can only be operated from the driver's side controls. I'm pretty sure this is some sort of a child protection lock but my husband I cannot figure out how to unlock it. There are no obvious buttons, we called the service department they don't know either. We checked the manual and the manual is basically for a sprinter van not a motor coach so that was no help either. Any ideas?
Should be a window lock button on the driver door armrest. I fought that with my new GMC Canyon for a month before I figured it out.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

You can try the reset procedure from the owners manual;
“You must reset the side windows if there hasbeen a malfunction or an interruption in the volt-age supply.XTurn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock.XPull the two power window switches and holdfor approximately 1 second after closing theside window.”
Old 04-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Here is a picture of the driver side door. See there aren't any buttons to lock and unlock it for child protection.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180421_084901.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	169029
Old 04-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #5

I tried that it didn't work. I finally got a hold of the dealership and they said that they think it's a loose wire or a motor problem on the passenger side window and that I need to call Mercedes that they don't do the chassis
Old 04-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #6

I'm pretty disappointed that it took 4 calls on my part and 6 weeks to finally found out that there isn't a child lock and that the dealer doesn't work on the chassis of the Sprinter that we have to go to another dealership bummer
Old 04-22-2018, 08:48 AM   #7

Quote:
I'm pretty disappointed that it took 4 calls on my part and 6 weeks to finally found out that there isn't a child lock and that the dealer doesn't work on the chassis of the Sprinter that we have to go to another dealership bummer
Thanks for your re-post !!!
I was going to suggest you open the door,,,
and look for a switch on the door frame ???

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #8

look in the center lower part of the dash. That is where the sliding and rear childproof door locks are.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:31 AM   #9

You probably have a window motor or switch problem. There is no child safety lockout as you would on your passenger cars rear doors. This is a MBZ issue that should be covered under your chassis warranty through MBZ, which is longer than the 1 year on the coach. Contact any MBZ dealer and see if they work on Sprinters, not all dealers do but they can recommend a Sprinter dealer to you. You may have to go to a Freightliner dealer which also cover the Sprinter warranty.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock, window