Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #1

Power to Alternate Positive on Fuse Panel

I have no 12 volt appliances, including lights working, even when connected to Shore Power. Fuses are good. Where does the alternate battery positive wire on a Progressive Dynamic control panel get its power. The battery positive wire has a 12.8 reading, but no voltage reading on the alternate positive wire. If anyone can tell me where I can get a wiring diagram from for a Forester 2291S class C it would be very helpful.
Chip712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

Your power distribution panel gets its 12V power from the battery or the converter. Is the battery disconnect switch on? BTW, Your voltage is low.

You might try Forest River for the diagram.

Welcome to the FRF.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #3

'Power to Alternate Positive on Fuse Panel'

When the battery disconnect switch is on, we still have no power coming to the alternate positive wire. Therefore, nothing that requires DC power works.
Chip712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Your power distribution panel gets its 12V power from the battery or the converter. Is the battery disconnect switch on? BTW, Your voltage is low.

You might try Forest River for the diagram.

Welcome to the FRF.
The voltage looks like it's from battery only. The converter should be supplying a minimum of 13.2V and if charging closer to 14v.

A good source of information on the PD Converters is the Progressive Dynamic's website itself. First thing I'd do is check for 120V input to the converter and then 13-14 v output from converter before it reaches the power distribution circuit board.

To the OP, do you have 120V power to the AC outlets? If not, no AC supply, no converter output and all you'll see is battery voltage, not the higher charging, or float voltages (13.2v).

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

This may help.
http://www.progressivedyn.com/wp-con...glish-Only.pdf

Edit: Page 3 speaks to the Alternate Positive
Old 04-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #6

I contacted FR asking about a wiring diagram for mine. They wrote back saying they didn’t furnish diagrams to the public. ��
Sach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sach View Post
I contacted FR asking about a wiring diagram for mine. They wrote back saying they didn’t furnish diagrams to the public. ��
Time to get out the multimeter and sketch pad. Start tracing circuits starting at battery.

I've created my own wiring diagram from rewiring 12v feed from batteries using much heavier wire to connect converter to them.

Not surprising they don't provide diagrams from the factory. I wonder if any two units are even wired the same.
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #8

Two wired the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Not surprising they don't provide diagrams from the factory. I wonder if any two units are even wired the same.
Well, they probably juggle the 120v and 12v connections at the distribution point so they match the pre-printed breaker/fuse labels.

Maybe.

On mine, they put the 50 amp label on a 30 amp installation so all the breakers are offset by one from where they should be.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

These units are built in the Elkhart, IN area which is predominately Amish. About 95% of the RV builders employees are Amish. In general, these folks are hard working, dependable and posses a high leve of ethics. However, they do not generally use electricity. (Some solar now) They follow the general guidelines the factory gives them.
Therefore, if you have expectations of faultless high tech wiring installations I offer you this: FUHGETTABOUTIT

Tags
fuse, power