Old 03-04-2019, 09:11 PM   #1

Precision Plex Fuse Box & Dx Center

We just purchased a 2019 Forest River Forester. The fuse box is on the wall above the dinette. I asked the salesman why this didn't have a cover on it and he replied that was made that way by FR. Does anyone else know why this box would be left uncovered?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1429.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	198119  

tbayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:28 PM   #2
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbayer View Post
We just purchased a 2019 Forest River Forester. The fuse box is on the wall above the dinette. I asked the salesman why this didn't have a cover on it and he replied that was made that way by FR. Does anyone else know why this box would be left uncovered?

The panel is made by a third party as is any other appliance in the RV. FR only assembles the various parts with FR's floor, roof and wall panels into the finished product. I'm not even sure if FR makes the complete wall panels. If they do the panels are probably made to order at a separate plant then shipped to the respective assembly plant.

Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
The panel is made by a third party as is any other appliance in the RV. FR only assembles the various parts with FR's floor, roof and wall panels into the finished product. I'm not even sure if FR makes the complete wall panels.
Probably but it is FR engineers that approve it and that put it all together as a package and evidently most of them haven't a clue about RVing.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:09 PM   #4

I can't understand weather it was FR or a third party why there is no cover on it. With all the colors of the fuses and the tongs, what kid wouldn't be attracted to them.
tbayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #5
Just as confused as you

The fuses are for the 12vdc circuits and don't pose a shock hazard. They are harder to pull out than you might think, that is why there is a small white fuse puller on the right side. You don't say and it's not clear from the picture if there is a LED light next to each fuse to indicate a blown fuse. If you are handy you could fabricate a panel from plexiglass to cover the fuses and mount it using the 4 screws above and below the fuses. Just remember you need access to the Diagnostic Center readout and the push buttons on the right side.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #6

Quote:
The fuses are for the 12vdc circuits and don't pose a shock hazard. They are harder to pull out than you might think, that is why there is a small white fuse puller on the right side. You don't say and it's not clear from the picture if there is a LED light next to each fuse to indicate a blown fuse. If you are handy you could fabricate a panel from plexiglass to cover the fuses and mount it using the 4 screws above and below the fuses. Just remember you need access to the Diagnostic Center readout and the push buttons on the right side.
Yes low voltage, not necessarily a shock hazard. Diagnostic Center readout only needed if there is an issue (typically). And that cute little fuse puller is definitely going to be there when needed; sure it will be.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #7

Perfectly safe

Quote:
Perfectly safe. You can stick your fingers in all day long.

I wouldn't use four screws. I'd go with two hinges and two thumbscrews if I were going to do anything at all.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #8
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Yes low voltage, not necessarily a shock hazard. Diagnostic Center readout only needed if there is an issue (typically). And that cute little fuse puller is definitely going to be there when needed; sure it will be.

Famous last words. Can't tell you how many times I put something in a place that is near where it will be used only to find out when I need it, it's not there. Even happens when it is dedicated for a particular use.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #9

That's why...

Quote:
Famous last words. Can't tell you how many times I put something in a place that is near where it will be used only to find out when I need it, it's not there. Even happens when it is dedicated for a particular use.
That's why that little hammer is chained to the glass-front box that says
IN CASE OF FIRE
BREAK GLASS
PULL
FIRE ALARM

Larry

Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse