Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2016, 10:47 PM   #1

Question about bed in MBS 2401 R

Can someone please clarify if the bed in this coach is a "wedge" mattress (I call it a bifurcated bed since the mattress has two pieces). This is unclear from the FR literature since they usually tag these type of beds with a "wedge" label in the floor plan illustration, but not in this model. Anyway, I don't mind a sliding bed, but I don't want the wedge.

Of course, if you have any other opinions, caveats or comments regarding this model I'd like to hear them.

Mark...
mbauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #2
Class C Representative

It is a wedge bed. The two pieces are split and designed to slide up on top of each other.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
It is a wedge bed. The two pieces are split and designed to slide up on top of each other.
Thanks Joshua - wish it wasn't so, but I know there is only so much room in a 25' motorhome. On another note, the floor plan for the 3011 DS seems to have changed in the past 24 hours. The recliner option is still there, but the option to replace the sub-optimal (IMO) wrap around dinette with the regular dinette/wardrobe seems to have suddenly disappeared. What's up with that

Regards, Mark...
Old 10-06-2016, 07:21 AM   #4
Class C Representative

The booth dinette option is no longer available on the 3011!
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #5

The bed in the 2401R is actually very comfortable. We were concerned, too. We have a good mattress pad over it, and it's great. And, the slide closes just fine with the mattress pad, sheets and light quilt. ��

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #6

We also have the wedge mattress and find it quite comfortable and do not
Feel the junction of the two parts. Leave it made up when the slide is retracted and little fuss when extended to remake the bed.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:50 PM   #7

2401w wedge bed

We have a wedge on our 2410w and have no problems or complaints sleeping on it. It's quite comfortable.
jeitel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIVE2MH View Post
The bed in the 2401R is actually very comfortable. We were concerned, too. We have a good mattress pad over it, and it's great. And, the slide closes just fine with the mattress pad, sheets and light quilt. ��
Thanks for the comment Five2Mh. Do you use an ordinary mattress pad or is it some sort of foam for memory foam pad? Thanks.

Mark...
Old 10-06-2016, 10:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by llscott View Post
We also have the wedge mattress and find it quite comfortable and do not
Feel the junction of the two parts. Leave it made up when the slide is retracted and little fuss when extended to remake the bed.
Thanks for the tip! Mark...
Old 10-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #10

We just came home from a 42 day trip and never had a bad nights sleep. We use a fitted bottom sheet with a mattress pad. (Standard queen size) the bed is easily made when changing sheets by putting the fitted sheet on when the slide out is slightly extended. This way you can reach to the corners of the matress. Never feel any seam and the bed retracts fully made. Suggest some type of corner bumpers for the outside corners of the slideout. I used ones from Target designed to protect babies from table edges. They're self sticking and have been on over a year.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #11

We never feel the wedge either.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #12

Had some work done to my rear window and the bed was removed to clean up all the shattered glass, now after a few weeks it's time to put the mattress back in and I'm lost at how it goes back in place. I have no idea as to how the piece with the 2 straps and snaps go back in. There is no place to snap the piece down. Without the piece being snapped down it continuously move when the slide moves outward. Any pointers on this?
WILLMCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #13

On mine the mattress with the snaps is attached to the platform. There are snaps on both sides of it, then the other mattress sits on top till you move the slide out.
gmclean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed