Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #41

2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #42

Just plan on 6 to 8 weeks for your RV to be delivered. We ordered our Forester on March 7th. It came off the build line on March 13th. With painting and getting it scheduled for a driver to get it to the dealer in California it wasn't until the second week in May before we took ownership. It's not a fast delivery process and the timeline for warranty repairs can take just as long.
stickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #43

Stickers...your coach was ordered and built in 1 week?
Jim
Old 08-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #44

The Forester we wanted was a generic build that was in process and we we're able to take over the build and still get the customizations we wanted. Normally, a person would not be able to get their order into the system that quickly. Even with this ordering quirk it took us over 8 weeks to have it delivered.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #45

We ordered our Forester on March 30th and it arrived in Utah June 15th. One thing I would like to tell people is that your GPS 30 day free software update starts from the date it is first used. And I would think that most dates on new units are from the first day they leave the factory because the people hired to deliver them to the dealerships use them right away. When I registered mine with Naviextras, I could see the date that it left the factory (June 11th) and then it took another 3 weeks after the PDI at the dealership to get it home. (That's another story) Needless to say, we missed the window to get the free update. So update your GPS software as soon as you get your unit, and hopefully you will get the latest mapping software without having to pay for it. The mapping software on our unit was already 3 years out of date.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:11 PM   #46

Nav Radio

So Ben, my dealer is going to call me the moment it arrives so I can come in and check it out. At that time, is there a way to take the memory card out and register and update it. Maybe the dealer do it, how long does it take? Like I mentioned before, I have an Apple iMac without the windows operating system. However, I have an obsolete HP Notebook mini that has outdated XP on it. If I use the memory card adapter and stick it in the slot, perhaps I can have it directly update it. There is little to no memory open on it.
As for delivery, 8-10 weeks that the dealer told me is out of the question. I am expecting 12-14 weeks and have a buyer for my Winnebago anxiously waiting.
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #47

Sage, I'll get back to you tomorrow when I'm back on my computer. Just browsing the forum on my phone right now.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #48

Sage, hopefully you have a friend that may have newer pc running Windows 7 or later you can use for this. If not, you might be able to do it on your older pc. It needs to have an SD slot of course. Then go to https://www.naviextras.com and click on free updates and register your unit, etc. You will have to download Naviextras toolbox. There should be a link to do that on one of their webpages. Insert your SD adapter card with the micro sd card from you radio, then run the Naviextra toolbox program. Click on device to make sure it loaded the proper radio, then click on maps and see what updates you can get for free. Hope you can get it to work.

PS: Took me about 15 minutes or so.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #49

Need another progress report on my ordered Forester

The folks that are buying my 03 Winnebago just sold their pop-up and want to know when they can get my Winnebago. We have trips coming up that were planned 5-6 months ago with friends and family and don't want to miss out for lack of a MH. Last we heard from salesman was coming off line sometime during the first week in September. It's been 9 weeks since ordering. Wish I had a better update on when I might get it like which week in September. Anyone know exactly how long it takes to build, regular paint and travel to LA, CAlif?
So much for the 8-10 weeks I was told when ordering.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #50

There is no guaranteed delivery date. I don't care what the Salesman might tell you. I would recommend you call the Forest River Factory direct and find out the status of your RV. I called the factory on mine when delivery was slow. Found out there was a problem that people weren't following up on and my call expedited things along. We got our Forester RV in about 9 weeks and we live in So Calif. Don't trust the Salesman. Followup with the Factory yourself. Hopefully you have your RV build info so the Factory Rep can locate your unit and get you the info you need.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:51 PM   #51

stickers-tried calling FR direct, was told by who ever I got to contact my dealer. Who'd you speak to?
Old 08-18-2015, 06:01 PM   #52

Sage, one thing I would recommend is to get a copy of the build sheet as soon as possible. You can gets these before they ship. Either the sales manager at your dealer or his contact at FR. Mine was emailed to me. When I got my build sheet and looked it over, we noticed part of the order was wrong and they were able to change it before it left the factory. Good luck.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #53

We visited the factory back in Elkhart Indiana when we were on vacation this last Spring. We went on a factory tour and our guide was Josh Cavet. He was a Factory Rep so I followed up with him on a few issues we had with the RV. I just called him at the Forest River-Forester office number. Don't know if he can help or not.

I also talked with the So Calif Forest River-Forester Factory Rep. His name was Jeremie Domiano. I did not keep his number. He lives in So.Calif. The Dealer actually referred him to me after I registered my complete frustration with them about the run around I was getting regarding my RV delivery date. The dealer originally told me the RV would be delivered in about 3 weeks. Jeremie was actually the one who gave me the straight scoop. No matter how much I complained, nothing seemed to speed up the process in the end. It took 9 weeks.

Our RV was already in the process of being built when we ordered it and we just assumed a generic build and customized it a little. If your RV was a from scratch custom build and not in the system when it was ordered it's not surprising that it would take 10-12 weeks to get it to So Calif.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:39 PM   #54

Spoke with So Cal Factory, not good!

I called the factory area rep for So Cal and he call me back with very bad news. Because of issues at the factory, my order has been pushed way, way, way back to a build date of Sept 22. That's 14 weeks after ordering before they even start building it. He says they can build it in 2 days then off to paint for 5+ days and then transit. I thought it took 2 weeks to build?
So now I am in a bind. The potential buyer for my Winnebago sold their trailer in hopes of getting my MH early next month. That was based on the last update that it was coming off line first week in September. Now it won't start until the end of September.
I have trips planned with family and friends that were made 5-6 months ago and I really want to go in September and October. Wonder if I we made the right choice. We like the floor plan and all the options but the forum tells horrible accounts of poor quality and fighting to get things repaired. I never had a problem with my Winnebago where I had to take it back to the dealer.
Old 08-19-2015, 01:35 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
I called the factory area rep for So Cal and he call me back with very bad news. Because of issues at the factory, my order has been pushed way, way, way back to a build date of Sept 22. That's 14 weeks after ordering before they even start building it. He says they can build it in 2 days then off to paint for 5+ days and then transit. I thought it took 2 weeks to build?
So now I am in a bind. The potential buyer for my Winnebago sold their trailer in hopes of getting my MH early next month. That was based on the last update that it was coming off line first week in September. Now it won't start until the end of September.
I have trips planned with family and friends that were made 5-6 months ago and I really want to go in September and October. Wonder if I we made the right choice. We like the floor plan and all the options but the forum tells horrible accounts of poor quality and fighting to get things repaired. I never had a problem with my Winnebago where I had to take it back to the dealer.
Another option is renting a rv for those planned trips while you are waiting for your build. That way the everyone is a happy camper.
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #56

"issues at the factory" means someone messed up getting your order processed properly. The Factory should make things right and get your build in right away. I'm sure a lot of the builds are for dealer stock and can be bumped back a day or so to get your unit completed as promised. Come on REPS...lets get Sage his motorhome.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #57
Commercial Member

YES! Lynch the factory!!!!!

No, it does not mean someone messed up the order. It means dues to some specific part issue/shortages several models were bumped back while others were moved up. They can't run that particular model until those issues get worked out and so instead of building them to sit, they move up others that can be completed. Unfortunate, but out of their control. Some buyers will be getting their units early.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	angry-mob2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	86126  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #58

YES! Lynch the factory AND the REPS!!!!!
Someone should have told Sage that there was an issue. He has been on the forum asking questions about his coach for about 9 weeks now. He has asked the reps numerous times about his build / expected delivery / etc. SOMEONE from the factory should of contacted Sage when the issue started that his build would delayed.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #59
Commercial Member

Unfortunately it's not that simple. First off the factory never gives a guaranteed delivery date. We quote ranges. We also have no way of knowing what conversation the dealer had with the retail customer. So while Sage can hop on here and request an offline date, we have no way of knowing if it's early or late. Again we quote ranges because things like this happen. Some dealers put retail names on some do not. So if 90 units are bumped a week should we call every dealer and let them know just in case it is retail sold? It would still be within the range we quoted? So far, to my knowledge they have only been pushed back 2 weeks, so still within the date we would have gave.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #60

...just sayin...I was able to verify my coach was going online over two week prior. I was able to verify now that my coach has been built and is at the paint shop (every thing is on the original time frame when ordered). I believe that is awesome for a custom build. Maybe the real blame is the dealer / salesman as to why Sage was not informed of delay. My comments are about his many questions on the build to the forum and to Joshua Cavitt and never getting an answer. I feel very lucky to have DeMartini as my dealership as they have keep me informed and happy.
Jim

Tags
forester